Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 722 723 [724] 725 726 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263106 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #10845 on: July 27, 2012, 06:36:19 pm »

The building.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #10846 on: July 27, 2012, 06:37:44 pm »

I really need to get the latest version of this and give it another whirl. Haven't played in months and it sounds like a lot has changed.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #10847 on: July 27, 2012, 06:37:59 pm »

Oh hells yes! It seems zombie scientists can drop CBMs; a Ranged Combat CBM in this case! :D

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10848 on: July 27, 2012, 06:39:23 pm »

Since I broke my tutorial in the second room, how do I build, dig, pour out liquids, craft, and stuff like that?

Also, I found a radio tower. How do I mess with the controlls?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 06:53:53 pm by Slayerhero90 »
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10849 on: July 27, 2012, 06:54:32 pm »

how do I build, dig, pour out liquids, and stuff like that?
* is the construction menu - there you can build things, as long as you have the materials. You can also do things like clean broken glass out of windows, and dig pits with a shovel. Not sure how to pour out liquids. Testing now. When in doubt, try 'e'.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10850 on: July 27, 2012, 07:01:54 pm »

Wield the container, then Unload the liquid.
Love, scriver~

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10851 on: July 27, 2012, 07:03:58 pm »

Wield the container, then Unload the liquid.
Yep. Beat me to it.

Also, I found a radio tower. How do I mess with the controlls?
The radio tower doesn't do anything right now. You can't use it. (I checked the wiki to make sure.)

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10852 on: July 27, 2012, 07:06:00 pm »

I was just almost killed by wolves. I think I might pass out soon, though.
My tumblr.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10853 on: July 27, 2012, 07:07:37 pm »

Wolves are much worse than normal zombies. If you see wolves, chances are that you're doomed. Run to safety if there's any nearby. Don't try to fight them, unless you have to. They eat most new players.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10854 on: July 27, 2012, 07:12:41 pm »

The wolves didn't kill me. Other way around there. Forced application of baseball bat to skulls. It was a Giant Ant that did me in. I found a bunch of dead cocaine dealers, though. I also had a gun, but no ammo. Nest time, arms dealer is first destination, not radio tower.
My tumblr.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10855 on: July 27, 2012, 07:14:36 pm »

To revise my statement: Wolves lead to many deaths. They usually don't kill a healthy individual, but they do a lot of damage. Either way, they're really bad and you should always avoid them. Have fun with the guns by the way, hehehe.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10856 on: July 27, 2012, 07:17:02 pm »

Oh. I also found a silencer and a soldering iron. Char 3: Next to a behive. Are they bad for my health?
My tumblr.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10857 on: July 27, 2012, 07:22:39 pm »

Are bees bad for your health? Yes. They will sting you and it will hurt and poison you. And then they will chase you and kill you. All insects are bad. Everything is bad, but insects are worse than some things.

EDIT: Just run. Run from everything and you'll live longer. Run, find some food and drink, find a place to sleep. Next day, start killing things and building.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10858 on: July 27, 2012, 07:37:40 pm »

Yeah, on char three, I cheated in a katana, mutagen, and a zombie. Now nothing attacks me, and I just accidentally exploded a sewage treatment plant. Also, went through swamp and found care packages. New helmet.
My tumblr.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10859 on: July 27, 2012, 07:43:09 pm »

I decided that autumn was a good time to actually see what I could do with an NPC.  Went to the evac shelter and asked the starting npc what I could do to help.  She gave me a USB drive and told me to download stuff from her computer in a pharmacy. 

After that walk in the park she told me to draw blood from a zombie and analyze it in a hospital.  I got there, turned on some old fashioned Doom music (E1M1) and went in lazer pistol blazing.  Got the blood analyzed and blasted my way back out of the hospital (with a grenade).  She offered to teach me submachine guns, grenade launcher, increase my first aid skill and learn speech.  Seeing how my M1A1 had a grenade launcher attachment I opted to learn that, and she told me it was too dangerous there and told me to follow her.  And then she hid in the corner from the oh so dangerous trifflids that didn't know we were there.

I eventually informed her that I was in charge now, and we went to my car where she promptly wasted every trifflid in a 2 mile radius.  After which she told me it was still too dangerous and I told her to teach it anyway.  I gained a level in grenade launchers, and got to 5 in first aid before deciding it's going to get dark soon and hopped in my car.  Realising I didn't have a second seat, and that even if I did she probably wouldn't get in it I peeled away.  I wonder if she's going to try to follow me across the map.

Anyway I see now that NPCs are useful.  I need to find more.  But so far all I ever found was the one from the shelter.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 722 723 [724] 725 726 ... 777