Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 756 757 [758] 759 760 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263193 times)

jimbobobby

• Bay Watcher
  • Ally of turtles.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #11355 on: October 18, 2012, 07:57:31 am »

This game never ceases to amaze me, my first guy killed 24 zombies, a skeleton and a squirrel but he got surrounded. He did amazing, found a gun store, enough water and food to survive for months and enough cocaine to wrestle a meteor but unfortunately due to lack of gun skill he was unable to glue a silencer to his I forgot what it's called gun. My second guy killed 1 zombie, got addicted to cocaine and mauled by a bear and a wolf. Moral of the story is moral doesn't matter when there's a bear involved I guess.
When I was younger, I was a baby.
The power of an Eskimo isn't really something you should just forget about, they can cut a hole in your ice and catch a fish in minutes.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11356 on: October 18, 2012, 01:12:00 pm »

We will no longer have to deal with hundreds of save files? Awesome! When the issue about vehicles not being saved is fixed, this game will be perfect.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11357 on: October 18, 2012, 11:19:17 pm »

Hundreds? My last save had hundreds of thousands. Well, 150,000 – 200,000, anyway.

There's still a problem (in the official build, anyway) where the map and the character are saved at different times, and I'm personally waiting for that to be handled to avoid vehicle and other issues.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11358 on: October 19, 2012, 04:58:15 am »

Hundreds of thousands? I never managed to play one character for that long.

I'm waiting for the vehicle fix too. I built a giant zombie killer vehicle once and it disappeared with everything in the trunk. I can't describe how bad I felt.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11359 on: October 19, 2012, 12:14:58 pm »

Hundreds of thousands? I never managed to play one character for that long.

subsequent characters re-use the same map, so it keeps inflating.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11360 on: October 19, 2012, 12:19:53 pm »

It was on one character, actually. He used vehicles a lot, and downloaded a lot of map data from labs and sewer plants.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11361 on: October 19, 2012, 12:24:59 pm »

Was this updated recently? I've been following the last few pages, and I don't remeber seeing any announcement for it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11362 on: October 19, 2012, 02:17:06 pm »

Was this updated recently? I've been following the last few pages, and I don't remeber seeing any announcement for it.

Sept 24th's update contained the map changes.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

bdsorensen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11363 on: October 20, 2012, 01:46:52 pm »

Just started a new character, asked the person sharing the shelter for items, and...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well.... That's better then the active grenade someone gave me...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11364 on: October 20, 2012, 02:05:37 pm »

Just started a new character, asked the person sharing the shelter for items, and...

Somebody once got a active mininuke.
And i think it only exploded after they activated it.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

bdsorensen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11365 on: October 20, 2012, 02:29:22 pm »

Somebody once got a active mininuke.
And i think it only exploded after they activated it.
I noticed that. Still unnerving.  The game proceeded to crash after I asked her to teach me something when I finished the quest, so oh well.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11366 on: October 20, 2012, 02:43:54 pm »

I am too lazy to read through most of this... rather large thread. How often does this game update? And when was the last update? I haven't played in a long while.

bdsorensen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11367 on: October 20, 2012, 06:12:17 pm »

What in the...

I've got well connected shelter-mates, it seems.  That... Should probably be fixed.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #11368 on: October 20, 2012, 06:21:54 pm »

I am too lazy to read through most of this... rather large thread. How often does this game update? And when was the last update? I haven't played in a long while.

It updates semi sporadically. Sometimes two times a month (Not including bug fixes), sometimes a couple months between updates.

Newest update information is here.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11369 on: October 21, 2012, 01:59:04 am »

There's a pretty big bug in the current version though (has been there for several versions, AFAIK). Random map tiles are 'forgotten' and re-generate. For me, this included my cave base-site. Kinda kills the mood to play when you load your game one day and everything you owned has disappeared. :/
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.
Pages: 1 ... 756 757 [758] 759 760 ... 777