Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1443926 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: now hiring more optimistic astronauts
« Reply #540 on: July 15, 2011, 10:51:44 am »

I wonder how long it will be before we get a moon or something to crash into fly to. And then we'll have people trying to figure out how to make a ship that can land safely on the moon, take off, and make it back to Kearth. And/or figuring out the lagrange points and trying to somehow fly into one of those with our current  very lacking HUD.
I've been practicing already by going out to increasing distances and trying to get back. So far my record is making it out 2.5 million meters and just barely having enough thrust to start falling back home, at which time I let gravity pull me in, saving one liquid booster for a retro rocket. We came in a bit too hot, though, and I had to eject and parachute separately.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 15, 2011, 11:30:47 am »

My best run so far was half an hour, before misjudging the land height and crashing spectacularly into the dark side of Kerbal. Half-orbit. A bit slow on the speed, but... still trying.

Venture on, brave Kerbalnauts.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 15, 2011, 11:45:05 am »

Cool a new version! These guys are really working their asses off. I'm glad this game has found such interest as it has, as a reward to their efforts.

*Oh its not released yet  :'(

Still.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 15, 2011, 11:49:36 am »

The release is a big issue. Some of us are rabidly anti-steam, and some of them are rabidly pro-steam. Fortunately, the former is a wee bit larger.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 15, 2011, 11:52:07 am »

The release is a big issue. Some of us are rabidly anti-steam, and some of them are rabidly pro-steam. Fortunately, the former is a wee bit larger.
Where did it say anything about steam here?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Talfryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 15, 2011, 12:05:02 pm »

I think the community isn't as polar as Breadbocks thinks, but it is a point of contention with some people.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 15, 2011, 12:14:25 pm »

I myself am not in particular for or against steam.
But for a game like this, they should try going for the same as Notch did with Minecraft.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 15, 2011, 12:27:30 pm »

I was talking about how deadmeat mentioned "*It's not released yet".

And yeah, it isn't completely polarized, but I've not seen a single person saying "Eh. I don't care either way. Just shut up and take my money." Well, until Ultimuh posted. >.>
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 15, 2011, 12:32:27 pm »

I was talking about how deadmeat mentioned "*It's not released yet".

And yeah, it isn't completely polarized, but I've not seen a single person saying "Eh. I don't care either way. Just shut up and take my money." Well, until Ultimuh posted. >.>
In this case Just shut up and take my money is exactly my thoughts.

Xinvoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 15, 2011, 12:36:26 pm »

Here's your single person, happens to be me  ;)
http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=181.msg1735#msg1735

Quote from: Xinvoker
Steam because it's nice to have everything in one place, the auto-updating is cool, and you'll get free publicity to millions just by having it there. Plus many people are so attached to their steam libraries that they won't buy a game if it's not on Steam.

Personally I'd buy it even if the delivery method were a solid booster landing on my roof, nose down. :p

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 15, 2011, 12:42:06 pm »

I love this game's bugs.
If you get too far out, half the screen turns into space trees.
If you spend too long ingame, the kerbils' names slide off of their placers.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 15, 2011, 12:45:23 pm »

Steam or not, I don't care. Fun game is fun.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 15, 2011, 01:39:32 pm »

I wonder how long it will be before we get a moon or something to crash into fly to. And then we'll have people trying to figure out how to make a ship that can land safely on the moon, take off, and make it back to Kearth. And/or figuring out the lagrange points and trying to somehow fly into one of those with our current  very lacking HUD.
I've been practicing already by going out to increasing distances and trying to get back. So far my record is making it out 2.5 million meters and just barely having enough thrust to start falling back home, at which time I let gravity pull me in, saving one liquid booster for a retro rocket. We came in a bit too hot, though, and I had to eject and parachute separately.

Even the most ridiculous deep-space adventures posted on here have only gone about 1/3 the distance required to get to our moon, so yes, it will be fun  :D

Any moon added the the game probably won't be that far out, but maybe. We'll definately need some kind of time-manipulator first.

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 15, 2011, 01:47:32 pm »

Woo!  I finally figured out how to reliably get to space.  Now I need to figure out how to reliably stay in space.

Also, my most recent rocket just failed in a funny way.  The command module was peacefully parachuting down.  At about 200m, an earlier stage fell, hit the command module, and caused it to explode spectacularly.

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 15, 2011, 01:52:10 pm »

Woo!  I finally figured out how to reliably get to space.  Now I need to figure out how to reliably stay in space.

Also, my most recent rocket just failed in a funny way.  The command module was peacefully parachuting down.  At about 200m, an earlier stage fell, hit the command module, and caused it to explode spectacularly.
Pics or didn't happen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 848