Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448104 times)

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #1890 on: September 14, 2012, 12:01:30 pm »

I concur.

Finally got around to play it after downloading demo few days ago...and it is quite fun! I had more failed than successful missions though. Piloting anything bigger than 2 staged (plus command module) solid fuel powered rocket is not as easy as I thought. :P
Only after a lot of modifying and one hell of a ride I've managed to reach 22,000+ m, but even then I've had to drop two stages before they run out of fuel.

For buyers of full game: is camera when you are constructing rockets any better than in demo? While I do not find it specifically bad, I'd still like the option to move it a bit more freely, not just around one fixed point.

Constructing N1 does not seem possible in demo, so I'll probably have to buy full version...somewhere in future, though.  :)
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #1891 on: September 14, 2012, 12:10:16 pm »

Try combinations of shift alt and middle click, should work in the demo iirc

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: September 14, 2012, 01:18:43 pm »

Sinistar, the camera kind of sucks in the full game.

Unrelated, would anyone like a video of or the ship file for the vtol?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: September 14, 2012, 01:39:57 pm »

Thanks for answers, LoSboccacc and Urist McScoopbeard. Also checked KSP wiki. Turns out they will be some patches/upgrades on camera topic and also something I miss sorely - stats! I'd really like to know mass, average trust, fuel etc of a craft I am building WHEN I am buidling it.

One thing also bothers me - Kermans! I did not expect it but I actually find the little guys adorable. I am genuinely sad for them when I crash the rocket.  :(
It helps if I pretend every mission that failed was actually just a simulation for them.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: September 14, 2012, 01:46:54 pm »

One thing also bothers me - Kermans! I did not expect it but I actually find the little guys adorable. I am genuinely sad for them when I crash the rocket.  :(
It helps if I pretend every mission that failed was actually just a simulation for them.

It's true, I tear up everytime dear old jebediah crashes violently into the mountains.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: September 14, 2012, 01:49:46 pm »

I restart before crashes  ::)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: September 14, 2012, 04:25:28 pm »

That's sort of why I got the remote control mod. I can do my test flights without endangering the little buggers.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: September 14, 2012, 04:50:04 pm »

I laugh at their demise and bring out the next batch of non-dwarves for execution.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: September 16, 2012, 02:54:59 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Muncastles.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: September 18, 2012, 02:44:05 am »

status update!

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/entry.php/108-0-17-Status-Update-1

Nuclear engines!
Parking brakes!
Atmospheric time warp!
Engineering! Science! Madness!

Spoiler: trolling advisor (click to show/hide)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: September 18, 2012, 02:53:56 am »

Perking breaks! Fuck yes!

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: September 18, 2012, 03:18:56 am »

* Center of mass, thrust, lift and drag visual cues on the construction scenes.
I am pleased with this, also. Now they just need to add average flight time/fuel consumption per stage and I'm sold.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Muncastles.
And that's just sweet.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: September 18, 2012, 03:23:55 am »

I am pleased with this, also. Now they just need to add average flight time/fuel consumption per stage and I'm sold.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/9063-Plugin-0-15-KICOIT-Kerbal-Engineer-0-8-Advanced-Brakes-v2-1

plugin that shows consumption and time, combined in a single DV stat

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: September 18, 2012, 03:38:16 am »

Loads more planets :D

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: September 18, 2012, 03:38:26 am »

Oh damn you, now I'll really have to buy this game.

WHY UUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Jokes aside - do you guys use S.A.S.? First time I reached apoapsis was with a rocket, that had a basic S.A.S. module put on top of each 1st-stage side-mounted boosters. Now I'm wondering, is this a necessity? Are there any downsides from using this modules or am I guessing correctly that this will matter once (or if) the cost of used components will matter when building the rocket.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 848