Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448843 times)

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #2040 on: September 20, 2012, 03:19:17 pm »

Atleast you can get to the download part :p I am still trying to throw money at them.

Played the demo a ton way back when but now it seems the game has evolved to the point I feel comfortable paying for it. If only they would let me check out my shopping cart ^^

EDIT: Seems applying glue to the money before throwing it at them made it stick. Now to try and download.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 03:38:00 pm by Aptus »

Svampapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #2041 on: September 20, 2012, 04:20:10 pm »

Oh god. Whatever you do, do not EVA a Kerbal into the atmosphere of Jool. The horror of...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: September 20, 2012, 04:40:51 pm »

Found a bug, don't use your parachute then go to 4x physical time acceleration. When you finally slow down enough that the chute opens, it'll be torn off even if it wouldn't have at 1x acceleration. That being said, it doesn't seem to do it everytime.

Also, whoever said they were getting lag when they looked at the horizon, I get that too. I think it's probably those new tree models.
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: September 20, 2012, 04:56:10 pm »

I did it!

Finished, thanks to down them all.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: September 20, 2012, 05:03:22 pm »

wait, what?

Firefox plugin. It lets you pause/resume download, which is easy if a download only sits at one location online.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: September 20, 2012, 05:16:26 pm »

mission:mun slingshot

successful!

this was so good that allowed an almost direct insertion into the next planet:

notice the +300km/s speed increase. it is not the best possible, but fairly good.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: September 20, 2012, 05:18:09 pm »

I just cant get an ecounter with any of the planets.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: September 20, 2012, 05:34:21 pm »

Oh god. Whatever you do, do not EVA a Kerbal into the atmosphere of Jool. The horror of...

In fact, do not attempt to land on Jool either. It doesn't work. It is very similar to EVAing there. The horrors. D:

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: September 20, 2012, 05:37:33 pm »

the wing model is brutally bugged. try to place angled control surface and roll, the craft will start jittering around helplessly:

Spoiler: like this (click to show/hide)

craft:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vdg5so7alxzk1ao/The%20Fail.craft

edit:

now testing the aerofix plugin...
http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/20451-PLUGIN-0-17-Ferram-Aerospace-Research-v0-2-Aerodynamics-Fixes

edit/2

nothing to do, if you roll with angled surfaces, you start rolling and then bounce back counterrotating for some random reason
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 06:28:14 pm by LoSboccacc »

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: September 20, 2012, 07:30:00 pm »

notice the +300km/s speed increase. it is not the best possible, but fairly good.

That's 300m/s not km/s, 300km/s would be a lot.
I used down them all as well. I haven't found a good download manager plugin for chrome yet though.
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: September 20, 2012, 08:27:29 pm »

If Jool is a gas planet like you seem to be implying, your poor Kerbal would be crushed to death pretty quickly if he fell very deep into it.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: September 20, 2012, 09:31:58 pm »

If Jool is a gas planet like you seem to be implying, your poor Kerbal would be crushed to death pretty quickly if he fell very deep into it.

It is.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: September 20, 2012, 09:52:59 pm »

I found that it is best to click through the warp-arrows at the top left of the screen (if at max, click the next left one, wait until you hit that speed, then the next one and so on). This has avoided issues for me where the ship tears itself apart for no apparent reason in space when going fro 100000x to 1x speed. Also do not use any more than 1x warp when taking off of a planet, It has not caused any of my takeoff's to fail so far, but it does tend to makey my rockets bounce and bend an awful lot.

Been trying to get to Eve, gave up on the mars-ish planet (name escapes my memory, too many attempts result in my ship breaking apart for no apparent reason). The slanted orbit of Eve is making it hard. So far I have just tried to intersect part of my orbit with Eve's, and then just fast forward for years hoping that eventually they will be close enough to get caught in Eve's orbit. No luck so far. (Im also hoping that either the gravity is quite low (atomic rockets to slow down), or the atmosphere is reasonably dense (one-way trip with parachutes), or else it won't turn out too well).

Also, what are the physics like out at Jool? From what I have read, the further from the sun you are, the wackier the physics become.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: September 20, 2012, 10:26:32 pm »

I made it to Duna but didn't have enough fuel to make it back. :( Guess I'll have to send a rescue mission once I have a better design.
@alexandertnt: Here try this: http://ksp.olex.biz/
There's also a link at the bottom of that to a guide on the ksp forums that explains all the math behind it if you want to do it the hard way.
Thendash's Livestream

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: September 20, 2012, 11:02:35 pm »

Made it to Mun after numerous failed attempts to break orbit and one mission that just missed the orbit transfer. It was a crash landing since I don't know how to read the altimeter properly, but luckily the command pod survived. There wasn't going to be enough fuel for a return mission anyway.

This sentence contains exactly threee erors.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 848