Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448357 times)

Nao

• Bay Watcher
  • (A!)
    • View Profile

Not just that, but the they also seem to steer it in the wrong direction. Or at least the craft tends to be very unstable in gneral.
There is definitely something fishy about controls in 0.17, just recently i had my control surfaces reverse rotation but normal rest of the steering when capsule was build upside down. (capsule was actually rotating properly - against control surfaces)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

just make one of those:

(that's a aerospike)
and start it at minimal thrust.

definitely some issues if even that doesn't go straight

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

http://youtu.be/LSMzos2eGfI

I did this as a test of video capturing with MSI afterburner.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile

Do you really play the game with such lags?
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

It clears up after I separate the first stage, which doesn't usually explode like this.

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile

By the way, if you want proof that gravity turns give more delta-v, I did some tests with my demo copy of KSP. My SSTO test rocket on full burn, straight up, gave me an apoapsis of 1630 km, with a very eccentric orbit. It took me a couple of tries, but one flight profile (full burn with a gradual gravity turn) managed to get an apoapsis of 1988 km, in a more circular orbit. Granted, the 1988 flight had an periapsis below ground level, but not by much.
I figured I would quote my earlier post for anyone who doubts the efficiency of a gravity turn. This is with a full burn SSTO. Mind you, I forgot to mention I had several less successful test launches, but I would still prefer the results of those to the pure vertical launch.

If you're wondering why it's called a gravity turn, it's because gravity will actually pull a slight deviation eventually towards the earth under thrust. When you're leaving SAS on, you have to do it manually (which increases aerodynamic stresses.
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

Nao

• Bay Watcher
  • (A!)
    • View Profile

Haha nice! I just finished my 202t Rocket design. Witch achieves kind of similar framerates at launch :P

Managed to get 202t of "test load" into 77km orbit, with 5800L of fuel left for last stage (single mainsail engine)

I would really like to see your design , can you post your craft file ?   I'll post mine =3. (when i'll find out how >_< , is it possible to attach small(330kb) files here ?)

edit:
Welp at least my old mediafire acc stil works, http://www.mediafire.com/?ser16e9ea980u9o
22,3 tons of struts. Takeoff weight: more than 1710tons takeoff thrust 28500kn (2850tons)
Spoiler: pics (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 03:38:34 pm by Nao »

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, I caved - the last version I played was 0.11, before even the Mun had been put in (I think), and all the discussion here and the shiny, shiny new planets have caused me to purchase 0.17.  :D  Time to go crash me some spacecraft!

(Also, we can EVA now?  Yay!)
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yea, turning terrain detail to low reaaally helped me. I can set everything else to min/max for almost no FPS effect, but terrain detail is a huge difference. Make sure that's low...

Also, thanks for the tips.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I actually specifically switched to using mod packs because of the lag I was getting. It's still bad right off the launch pad, but not nearly as bad, and I can actually manually fly things now all the way. Before I was just setting SAS on and hoping for the best until about 5000 meters.  Reducing your part numbers really does help.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

whats IVA? inter vehicular activity?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

whats IVA? inter vehicular activity?

Intra.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

ok, thanks.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

To me the laggiest part is between 18000 and 25000 meters.
Within those altitude, the framerate drops to a slideshow, no matter what

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile

Lag can be somewhat fixed by dropping graphical settings to minimum.
That doesn't fix the crashes, though.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 848