Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448522 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

At this point, the limiting factor is actually the small flaps being ripped from the wings by the massive forces.

ADD MORE STRUTS!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

That chart is so hideously wrong that I can't even stand it.

Obviously you add more orange tanks and mainsails, not boosters. :I

Boosters hardly contribute to TWR at extreme weights, anyways.
...Actually, scrap mainsails. You just need more orange tanks, and more engines.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 09:43:05 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Why ever use orange tanks? They are just three double tanks which overheat your engines. Three double tanks are always better imo.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Three double tanks break apart.

Orange tanks are whole, and if you attach the small Rockomax to the bottom you can have them not overheat.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

If they fall apart you add more struts and they no longer fall apart :P

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile

Why ever use orange tanks? They are just three double tanks which overheat your engines. Three double tanks are always better imo.
I've always had bad expiernces with Rockomax parts.  Even if it doesn't explode, something ALWAYS goes wrong when they are involved. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

I have the same thing with those orange tanks :P. It's a matter of taste I guess.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

The orange tanks seem fixed to me.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev

They only overheat at full thrust, and in my experience if you're using full thrust for long enough to overheat them then you're probably wasting fuel anyway ^^ The point just before it overheats gets shit into the sky :)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They only overheat at full thrust, and in my experience if you're using full thrust for long enough to overheat them then you're probably wasting fuel anyway ^^ The point just before it overheats gets shit into the sky :)
It's not just overheating.  It has an aura around it that causes quantum anomalies, which then makes things taht should word not work. 

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev

I think that's called triple speed mode :)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think that's called triple speed mode :)
I don't even LOOK at those buttons until I have a stable orbit.
What I'm talking about is that things will blow up during stage separations, stuff randomly loses control, those kinds of things.
Also, since I can't find this on google anywhere's, what is the best altitude at which to cut engines and start coasting to the apoptosis? 

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile

Any hints for deisning proper SSTO spaceplanes? I get alot of tumbling because of changes in the center of mass wich is quite annoying.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Also, since I can't find this on google anywhere's, what is the best altitude at which to cut engines and start coasting to the apoptosis?
As soon as you're out of the atmosphere.

Or rather, as soon as you're out of the atmosphere, then keep the map open and burn prograde until the map shows you Ap to be your target altitude.  With no atmospheric drag, you WILL coast to that point.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't like Rockomax parts either. It works as well with smaller parts, and there's no issue with your rocket being small, as opposed to being big.
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 848