Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1443917 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

I haven't, however, I have had problems with new ships launching with the same set of kerbals that are already in orbit, which creates interesting problems.
Yeah that does happen sometimes. If you ever get both copies into the same craft one of them will vanish.
Yupm but sometimes not permanently.

Mistercheif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I got the B9 Aerospace pack, mainly for the M27 cockpit, but I'm running into a problem where the kerbal's portraits aren't appearing so I can't check out the IVA.  The problem wasn't happening with a similar rocket using a different cockpit, the stock M2 cockpit.

Has anybody had this happen before?

[EDIT]: And it seems it happens even if I create a new ship with only the cockpit... Maybe it could be Crew Manifest or something...

[EDIT]: Nope, I isolated it to the M27...time to post in the B9 thread!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 10:38:08 pm by Mistercheif »

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile

So I just launched a single-piece spacestation into orbit. Now I just need to figure out how many kerbin souls are required to dock my spare parts cargo ship so I can use it as a highly efficient satellite launchepad.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

So I just launched a single-piece spacestation into orbit. Now I just need to figure out how many kerbin souls are required to dock my spare parts cargo ship so I can use it as a highly efficient satellite launchepad.
Oh I should add that mod back in. Have they fixed the problem with launching ships 'from space' actually causing them to crash into the planet randomly?

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile

Oh I should add that mod back in. Have they fixed the problem with launching ships 'from space' actually causing them to crash into the planet randomly?
Judging from my adventures, probably not. Then again, my adventures involved the warp thing, so maybe they did fix that. Never got around to actually BUILDING anything in space.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 09:11:32 am by Twi »

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well the redux version seem to use another way to move the ship wich is and i quote *but I've modified the orbit setting mechanism to work like HyperEdit, so it should no longer blow up your ships.*

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/26482-0-19-1-OrbitalConstruction-Redux
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Well the redux version seem to use another way to move the ship wich is and i quote *but I've modified the orbit setting mechanism to work like HyperEdit, so it should no longer blow up your ships.*

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/26482-0-19-1-OrbitalConstruction-Redux
Oh excellent! Now I need to see if I can get heavy kethane converts to make spare parts.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

So I landed on Jool

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

So I landed on Jool
I don't think that counts as landing... what did you do?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Hm. I may need to tweak the kethane -> spareparts conversion... currently 2000 units of kethane makes 0.6 spareparts. haha

Edit: Better... 2000 units now makes just barely less than 2 spareparts which is about right since 1000 kethane is 1 ton and 1 sparepart is 1 ton, so there is a little loss but it does work.

If anyone else wants this, just replace the part.cfg in the \Parts\kethane_2m_converter with this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9910241/part.cfg
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 10:53:23 am by forsaken1111 »

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile

Mich mods and versions do i need to be able to convert keth into spareparts and what are they used for?
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Mich mods and versions do i need to be able to convert keth into spareparts and what are they used for?
You need the kethane mod and the spaceport redux mod that jocan linked.

Check out Jocan's link and it explains how to use it. Using that config file you can convert kethane into spareparts slowly and build ships in orbit far away. Its up to you to get the kethane into place, but its easier than moving the spareparts out.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

So I landed on Jool
I don't think that counts as landing... what did you do?
Sat there as I watched my rover bounce around and get torn apart after I made the mistake of areobraking on Jool to save fuel.

Also question: is it better to come in really close, slow down at the periapsis, and then go up to the orbit you want, or to try to get to that orbit directly?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 12:26:54 pm by Japa »

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Reinstalled the game and adding new mods. The ones I am going to use are so far:
Kerbal Attachment System
MechJeb
Kethane Pack
ISA MapSat
Ion Engine Pack

I decided to not get the sattelite control one I used earlier as the (modded) game is just too unstable.

Any good mods I missed? I am not interested in mods that just adds fuel / engine parts.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Reinstalled the game and adding new mods. The ones I am going to use are so far:
Kerbal Attachment System
MechJeb
Kethane Pack
ISA MapSat
Ion Engine Pack

I decided to not get the sattelite control one I used earlier as the (modded) game is just too unstable.

Any good mods I missed? I am not interested in mods that just adds fuel / engine parts.
Airships, Firespitter plane parts if you like planes, Docking Struts or Quantum Struts, Kerbal Alarm Clock, Haystack, Editor part filter, Subassembly
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 848