Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448464 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

EDIT: will ships spawn with crew and fuel and is there an option for spawning at a drydock without fuel?
The only option I'm aware of is to mod in empty fuel tanks.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

EDIT: will ships spawn with crew and fuel and is there an option for spawning at a drydock without fuel?
The only option I'm aware of is to mod in empty fuel tanks.
There is even an 'empty stock fuel tanks' mod on the spaceport, though its an easy easy thing to do yourself. Just copy the fuel tank part and in the config change the amount of fuel to 0/1000 or whatever

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Are there any mods for functioning bases besides Kethane? If I'm going all the way to land on wherever, I'd like to have something to do there.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

KAS has fuel lines for easy practical refueling (basically docking). you can also attach magnets and hook to them and make cranes and all sorts of other fun stuff ^-^

GMichelIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I managed to get a spacedock into orbit, complete with a nuclear reactor, excessive amounts of docking ports, and spare tanks for all kinds of fuel. It even has enough storage for 600 spare parts.

Pictures!? Want to share the .craft? That sounds SIIIIIIIIIICK!
...And by "Diplomacy" I mean "Axes" of course.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

Somehow that sounds like the summary of a Kerbal's rocket science thesis.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile

I can think of numerous reasons why that would not work.
:P

But ion engine apparently can into space, albeit with some help.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile

I managed to get a spacedock into orbit, complete with a nuclear reactor, excessive amounts of docking ports, and spare tanks for all kinds of fuel. It even has enough storage for 600 spare parts.

Pictures!? Want to share the .craft? That sounds SIIIIIIIIIICK!

Here's a gallery of screenshots. The engine on the back is designed to be decoupled once I'm in orbit around Minmus. The four solar panels are not really necessary because the nuclear reactor produces insane amounts of power, but every space station needs solar panels.

I'm still on version 0.18.2 because that's where all my mods work best. I tried upgrading to 0.19.1, but some funky stuff started happening. The pack I'm using came from the Bay12 Community Station thread if you're interested.

Here's the .craft, too. It's a little finicky and doesn't have mechjeb due to lag issues, but it should work well enough to get into orbit around Kerbin or even the Mun. It has a few action groups you can use; 1 is solar panels, 2 is the reactor, 3 is the communications equipment, and 4 is the kethane detector.

Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile

Speaking of silly ways to space...
I tried to use KAS to make a space-tether-thing, only to discover that the the stuff refuses to go beyond 50m even when I edit the .cfg file. Grah!

It's not even long enough for a decent aerostat, I tell you. :L

EDIT: Well, if you push on it hard enough and mash the "instant cable stretch" button, you can get it farther. This... has odd behavior, though, so I don't really recommend it.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 01:07:46 pm by Twi »

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why not connect a winch to a hook?

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile

Why not connect a winch to a hook?
Forget connecting to something, I'm not even past having a long enough cable. :P
In fact, further research has revealed that Gilly is the only place in the Kerbol system where this could possibly work, given the limitations of Romfarer physics distance. Also typing on phone is hard :/
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 05:19:57 pm by Twi »

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile

Im trying to organize my Space Program better.
Im starting to record my launches in a log, with mission number, types. Another is a database of current missions. Im also structuring my engineering and R&D where i describe what a project is about and what its exact purpose is.

Some of my current projects include developing better equipment for EVAing astronauts, improving reusability and waste management. Design theory on independent colonies. Cloning Kerbals. Basic Defense systems. The construction of Kerbal city and the polar observation fsccilities, mobile launching platforms. You name it. Its all going through one bereucracy laden funnel. Oh, i forgot to mention Center related assets(tow truck, crew bus, air lift)

Organizing!!
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 848