Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448172 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Does the trick of having double docking ports for lining things up straight still work in the latest version? because i tried it in 0.19, and nothing happened.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Well, I havent been able to dock anything, So i want to know that as well.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

From what I've heard,  you need to have the docking ports all connect at the same time to pull off the multiple connections trick. That means the two things you're trying to dock need to be perfectly aligned before you dock them, they won't straighten themselves out.

I haven't actually tried it myself though, so I might be wrong.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Well that kinda defeats the purpose, for me at least. I mainly want them so I can have my station aligned properly.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

I put my buggies on the KAS cranes and lower them down.

I don't have pics handy.

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page

Here's my madness SPARTA!! method:

Linky for larger image.

The rover hangs from the KAS winch (A) inside the ship's service bay (actually a repurposed Firespitter bomb bay); to get it out:
  • Have a Kerbal grab the connector from the rover's own winch (B).
  • Either:
    • Plug it into one of the connector ports on the landing struts (C).
    • Put a grappling hook on it and attach it directly to the ground.
  • Retract the cable on the rover's winch while extending the cable on the ship's winch.
The rover includes a probe core, so its orientation can be adjusted on the way down.
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Personally, I don't see the point of separating the rover from the lander. Just slap wheels on the lander and bam, you have a rover.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyone have recommendations for PID values for use with FAR?  I really want aerodynamics, but I want ASAS even more.  Unfortunately, the standard settings for PID make ASAS worse than useless with FAR.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile

In other news the 0.21.0 will destroy the 0.20.2 saves. So I don't feel like maneuvering my space station right now...
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

In other news the 0.21.0 will destroy the 0.20.2 saves. So I don't feel like maneuvering my space station right now...

where did they made this announcement? I missed it!

I already follow tumbler, the blog, the news stream, the forum blogs.. sigh.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile

It's on the forum, not the forum blogs. There.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

crap. Well, there goes my motivation to try to get my miner landed properly and mining....
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile

Well, I've finally sort of figured out the mechanics behind rendezvousing, and I've gotten my first space station up and running! Behold!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I don't even care that I can't dock with two of the ports because of the solar panels.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I've finally sort of figured out the mechanics behind rendezvousing, and I've gotten my first space station up and running! Behold!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I don't even care that I can't dock with two of the ports because of the solar panels.
Well... its not really a problem you see... kerbans are KNOWN to fuck thing up anyway!
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's kerbal, not kerban.
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 848