Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448672 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Kerbals are the creatures, kerbin is the world. Kerbans are nothing.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kerbans are nothing

Aren't they those things you wear on your head?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thats with a T. So yes, that IS a bad pun.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

Man, you can make space stations now?  How do you do that, send each piece up one at a time and put them together?  I could barely get a ship into space with as little extra weight as possible.
Shoes...

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

yep there is a docking port part which is kind of magnetic but you have to come very close and not too fast

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I fired up 20.2 and now I can't get into orbit with rockets that got me to Jool previously what in the seven hells

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

I fired up 20.2 and now I can't get into orbit with rockets that got me to Jool previously what in the seven hells
pic of rocket? or a ship file would be even better

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile

Using the asparagus stalk system is the only way I can get anything heavy into orbit. It works wonders, though.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Yeah, same here, and it works amazingly well, though my rockets with it do get a little silly.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I just JATO the hell out of it.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

I don't think I've ever JATO'd.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

In fact, efficiency is for pussies.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Yeah, but how heavy is the payload and how far does it go? Mine takes a massive rover and lands it on one Bop.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They revamped some numbers. I think mainsails are less powerful, some things are heavier and the giant solars only do half as much.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

Pff, you kids your delta v and your map mode, pff.

Last time I played this it was free, and there was no map mode, and there was no Mun, and if you wanted to orbit you had to do it first-person with no projections.

My Kerbal space program is progressing reasonably well.  First came the Mk1 unmanned rocket, which was too big and complex for the job and was scrapped after a few failed missions.  The Mk2 was an experimental design with a spaceplane-like payload riding on the back of the main booster.  Something something center of mass, it failed in every possible way.

Finally a simplified version of the Mk1, the Mk3, made it into stable orbit but the batteries died and it became the first permanent satellite.  The Mk3-b (for batteries!) successfully made a full orbital revolution and reentry.

Then came the Mk3-m manned rocket, which, with some modifications, did all of the above with kerbals onboard.  No deaths.

Next I'm working on Kerbnik, the first intentionally permanent satellite.  Then maybe some unmanned Mun probes and finally landing on Mun.  After that I'm gonna have to figure out this crazy fucking space station shit I guess.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 848