Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448194 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

I just hired Gillberry Kerman, who has (apparently) zero courage and stupidity, making him, Bob, and Phillbus the Brain Trust of the space program.

The really, really cowardly brain trust.

Plus, Jeb has a small cadre of enthusiastic morons to play with now. It's surprisingly satisfying to plan elaborate crew rosters for my space missions, such as making sure that I have dumb ones to go on EVA and smart ones to fly.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

but, you bring them all the way up and down, or you chute them and the game goes 'ok'
The lower stages have to get to space but they don't have to be able to stay there. If you get them up enough to get your upper stage into a stable orbit before the lower stage gets low in the atmosphere you can just switch back to the lower stage and control it on the way down.

That's my first cheap satellite orbiter. It costs 26054 kerbucks and has a probe core and parachute on the bottom stage that makes it simple to recover.

That's my current satellite launcher. It costs 10659 kerbucks and when the jet section is recovered it returns 6000-8000 kerbucks. The satellite on top has 2056 m/S delta-V so it can get to pretty much any Kerbin orbit. It uses mechjeb for piloting and burnout prevention in atmosphere so it's arguably cheaty.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not to mention that part clipping.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile

So I just found this.
Ye gods. :o
EDIT: also hi 0.21, sadly I'm not playing KSP right now but I'll be right with you! <_<
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 03:49:22 pm by Twi »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Quick question, if you activate KSP on Steam can you still download the .zip files from the site?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!

So I just found this.
Ye gods. :o
EDIT: also hi 0.21, sadly I'm not playing KSP right now but I'll be right with you! <_<

dude wat

And here I am, trying to make a plane get off the ground without immediately looping and crashing. Such epicness.............................

Really, the game needs proper docking bays and stuff like that. Although I guess that doesn't quite fit into the more realisticky thing they've got going. I guess I wanted half this, half Battlestar Galactica :)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 04:23:22 pm by Anvilfolk »

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile

Quick question, if you activate KSP on Steam can you still download the .zip files from the site?
no, sorry.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!

By the way, Kethane is already available for 0.21 :O

Time to get busy!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

You can activate KSP on steam now? Nifty! I'll have to do that.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

no, sorry.
Okay then. I'll just stick with what I have.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyone have tips on how to recover crew from a landed mission on Kerbin?
For example: I have a splashed down crew pod on the complete other side of the planet from my base, so a retrieval rover is somewhat out of the question, especially since fast forwarding breaks rovers. Would an orbiting space plane work?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Isn't it possible to make boat-like vehicles?

Or you could just have the Kerbals swim to shore at the fastest time compression.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well there is some boat design on youtube that might help, there is also some mods that introduce parts to make hydro-plane ( water landing plane? ). Or you could make some sort of vtol that can safely float. Your imagination is your limit to be honest.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am very much confused by the new ASAS system. I think, if I understand correctly, ASAS and SAS are kind of combined. Anything that says SAS Enabled "functions" like the old ASAS, aka, it provides input to control surfaces and the like.

The other non-rcs parts on the control tab provide torque, which keeps you from spinning I guess?

Either way, unless I am missing something, there seems to be no heading assist any more.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Torque is spinning. It's just that the difference between spinning and not spinning is entirely dependent on your reference frame.
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 848