Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448762 times)

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #5490 on: September 23, 2013, 04:09:51 pm »

It would appear the Wet Workshop mod has dissappeared from existance. huh.
I've never heard of such a mod.  Are you sure it ever truly did exist?
i am fairly certain. if I do a google search, it even finds the supposed page of the mod. i just cannot access it.

it is basically a mod that allows the spent fuel tanks to be used as a makeshift living areas.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #5491 on: September 23, 2013, 04:19:46 pm »

How does one get themselves flying at a planet in such a way that it doesn't take 10 years to get into it's orbit?
You launch yourself when it as at a certain point in the orbit, you never head straight for it. I will now find the wiki on it.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5492 on: September 23, 2013, 04:24:07 pm »

Nuuuuu, I almost made it that time!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

How does one get themselves flying at a planet in such a way that it doesn't take 10 years to get into it's orbit?
Fiddling with manoeuvre nodes and wasting a load of fuel with inefficient burns. It works for me.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5493 on: September 23, 2013, 04:26:32 pm »

I think you aim before or behind it, when it is at a certain angle from you. it catches up to you, not you to it.
I suggest watching youtube videos where someone sets up to head to another world, or if you dont want to know just use mechjeb.

But be warned, the window for this shit may happen only once a year, or once every ten.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5494 on: September 23, 2013, 07:39:16 pm »

How do you transfer fuel between docked ships?
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5495 on: September 23, 2013, 08:23:28 pm »

shift click the two parts?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #5496 on: September 23, 2013, 09:23:25 pm »

As someone who's only used the Kethane mod, watching this just blew my mind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1AD2LWAc9Q

The beginning is sorta boring, but then there's so much KSP content I've never seen that I don't even know what to think.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5497 on: September 24, 2013, 12:57:14 am »

But be warned, the window for this shit may happen only once a year, or once every ten.
Easier (or less timing-intensive) way:

1. Pack way more delta-V than necessary.
2. Launch into a retrograde Solar orbit.
3. Bring your Sol periapsis to around Moho orbit.
4. Select your target planet.
5. Place a node on your orbit, push its prograde far forward, then drag the resulting node until your projected orbit intersects.

It's called a bi-elliptic transfer, or perhaps a "reverse" bi-elliptic transfer, and it saves you the need to wait for a launch window by giving you an elliptic trajectory that can lead you anywhere. It takes anywhere from two to four times as much delta-V to pull off, depending on where you're going, however.

(that's the reason it's "reverse" - the normal bi-elliptic transfer is used to save dV at the expense of time)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5498 on: September 24, 2013, 01:32:07 pm »

Have also been experimenting with spaceplanes, but no luck so far.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5499 on: September 24, 2013, 08:04:45 pm »

I think it was here a amonth ago? Or was it two...
Highly Opinionated Fool

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #5500 on: September 24, 2013, 10:36:41 pm »

Aw man, that guy has the best videos, including some of the most hilarious IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 crash videos :)

Seriously though, it cannot be easy to get all of the things that guy got going over there. And actually hitting things... kinda just makes you wish for KSP2 with multiplayer :)

BigFatStupidHead

• Bay Watcher
  • obscure to the point of being cryptic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5501 on: September 25, 2013, 09:19:43 am »

It would appear the Wet Workshop mod has dissappeared from existance. huh.
I've never heard of such a mod.  Are you sure it ever truly did exist?
i am fairly certain. if I do a google search, it even finds the supposed page of the mod. i just cannot access it.

it is basically a mod that allows the spent fuel tanks to be used as a makeshift living areas.
Voila.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #5502 on: September 25, 2013, 09:20:47 am »

No. Alt-rightclick. Shift will just turn on your engines.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5503 on: September 25, 2013, 09:28:49 am »

Seriously though, it cannot be easy to get all of the things that guy got going over there. And actually hitting things... kinda just makes you wish for KSP2 with multiplayer :)
You can cheat ships into orbit, that's not a big deal.  For the purposes of making a video, essentially a short movie, I think some artistic license for moving things into place.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5504 on: September 25, 2013, 02:05:44 pm »

No. Alt-rightclick. Shift will just turn on your engines.
Hell, I can never remember these things. Heck, I dont even have docking working right for me, from lack of knowledge of keys.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 848