Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448142 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Not really. There's a fairly high lower limit on when asparagus staging becomes inefficient. Not because of the system itself, but because of the fact that you're using liquid fuel boosters.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!

As I said before, KSPTV is looking for more streamers, to apply follow this link:
http://bit.ly/KSPTVApp

I would love someone from B12 to show them how it's done!

I've been watching the streams pretty heavily to distract me from building something big that I'm gonna ditch once 0.22 comes along... and the streams are mostly boring. Changing a couple of parts on a rocket that failed and launching it again takes the streamers anywhere from 5 to 10m...  it could/should be done in literally 30s. But they talk and talk and talk and talk, saying very little. It gets infuriating :( I just wanted to see how people play KSP and how they have fun, execute manoeuvres, etc.

TL;DR someone from here please apply for streaming, current streamers make everything at least 10x as long as they're supposed to be.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

The KSPTV marathon may be over, but if I were you I'd keep an eye on your favorite KSP Youtubers today...
Cryptic...
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

The KSPTV marathon may be over, but if I were you I'd keep an eye on your favorite KSP Youtubers today...
Cryptic...
It's probably the "win a free copy of KSP" thing. There's three clues and three links to follow, and they pop up randomly in videos of people streaming .22.

In other news... this mod.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You know you're on to something good when you're packing two nuclear reactors and four solar arrays, and it's still only enough to keep you at half thrust.

I think I'm going to go make a Tylo mission lander.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Which mod is that? KSP Interstellar has nuke reactors with outputs in the MW/GW/sec range (1000 electric charge = 1MW) and could solve your charge issues. Though they are quite heavy.

It has antimatter reactors too... but antimatter is very time and energy intensive to collect/generate.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The "win free ksp" thing ended last night I think. Already gave out the 5 copies for that clue based thing, but there might be more.

There was a possible hint from a streamer earlier on friday. He said something along the lines of "I can guarantee that .22 won't be released before Sunday."

They've honestly been pumping pretty hard at bug fixing, even over the weekend. The streamers were getting new versions almost every couple of hours. Wouldn't be surprised if we saw it today or tomorrow.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think they are working pretty hard too, it would be such a kick in the balls, if it took a week after the super-hype-stream for it to be released.

This is the patch that finally brings KSP up to what could be considered v1, since all main features are finally in the game(sans budget).

What are peoples thoughts on gaming the science feature? will you EVA you kerbin in the first flight and just do ground science to unlock the parts before flying, or will you just make scientific readings that makes sense?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

I think they are working pretty hard too, it would be such a kick in the balls, if it took a week after the super-hype-stream for it to be released.

This is the patch that finally brings KSP up to what could be considered v1, since all main features are finally in the game(sans budget).

What are peoples thoughts on gaming the science feature? will you EVA you kerbin in the first flight and just do ground science to unlock the parts before flying, or will you just make scientific readings that makes sense?
Depending on what's unlocked first I'm planning to send recon teams to various sites on kerbin first for 'training'. then use the science from that to unlock better parts for further missions.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

One of the stream-people said to expect a 2-week delay from the time of stream, at least.  So another 11-ish days or whatever.

My goal is to bring back all science, none of this "only gain 20% because you radio'd it in".  Sending teams around Kerbin and Low Kerbin Orbit first to gather enough science to make it to Mun and back.  Then head out to Minmus and probably deploy a rover able to go around different locations and collect data.

Yes, different locations have different data.  One of the streamers found that "the large crater on the dark side of Mun" was a specific place that gathered specific data, unique from other parts of Mun.  So making a flyby intercept and doing science at different points can get you a lot more.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

I'm wondering...

If I send a rover to the mun first and transmit back data, will I then have 'used up' the data in that area such that an EVA would be useless? Or will EVA data be different?

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

It might reduce it, owing to overlap in the system, but I don't think it will remove it entirely.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

It might reduce it, owing to overlap in the system, but I don't think it will remove it entirely.
I'm really hoping rover and EVA science are separate somehow, else you're actually being penalized for using a rover.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Which mod is that? KSP Interstellar has nuke reactors with outputs in the MW/GW/sec range (1000 electric charge = 1MW) and could solve your charge issues. Though they are quite heavy.

It has antimatter reactors too... but antimatter is very time and energy intensive to collect/generate.
The mod is the Near Future Propulsion Pack, which suits me far better than KSP Interstellar. An in-system warp drive, no matter how hard to set up, kinda breaks the sense of achievement in exploration.

VASIMRs and MPDs are more interesting. ^_^
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

I'm really hoping rover and EVA science are separate somehow, else you're actually being penalized for using a rover.

Or that you can transfer science points from one unit to another.  That way you can do a landing, bring a rover to explore nearby biomes, then put the science points back in the lander and haul it home.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You are assuming that sending back data will reduce the science value of the next mission by the same amount as bringing it back. Likely, if you send it back at 20%, you will likely only loose 20% "novelty"... that's how I'd do it at least.

There is also a lot of places you can't come back from (or come back with limited parts), so sending a probe there seems optimal.

Also, when Forsaken said rover, I think he meant unmanned mission?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 11:56:33 am by ank »
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 848