Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1443946 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Can you manually collect science or do you just get it for being high up?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

You have to check the crew status by right-clicking the pod.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mechjeb 2.0.9 has one part. Add this to make it work as a start part in career mode:

TechRequired = start
   entryCost = 50

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

If you want to put it in a place that makes perfect sense:

TechRequired = advFlightControl
   entryCost = 3600

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

entryCost = 3600
Or you could let other people use mods the way they want to. Just because you don't enjoy using doesn't mean he wants to wait until endgame. I never use the thing for automatic pilot but I DO use it to calculate transfers because I've done dozens and they are time consuming and tedious.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

entryCost = 3600
Or you could let other people use mods the way they want to. Just because you don't enjoy using doesn't mean he wants to wait until endgame. I never use the thing for automatic pilot but I DO use it to calculate transfers because I've done dozens and they are time consuming and tedious.

avdFlightControl makes sense. That or one of the unused experimental categories. BUT you might as well go sandbox with such late game usage.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welp, after a bit of annoyance I now have come to love the science system.  I was making like 8 science with a rocket equipped with 4 goo cans, then I learned I could get a crew report based on the situation, and a EVA report, and a soil sample when I landed, and the goo can has regional science to provide just like soil samples.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

entryCost = 3600

avdFlightControl makes sense. That or one of the unused experimental categories. BUT you might as well go sandbox with such late game usage.
Yeah my post probably came across with more vitriol than intended.  :-[

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

So, after getting really excited whilst I wait for the download, I realised you can get a fair bit of science straight off.

You get 5 from simply launching, then you can get a soil sample, strap some goo to your rocket and you can get MORE science from simply sitting on the platform (the latter's if I'm understanding it right)

Recover rocket, SCIENCE!
Also you get science based on WHERE you go. I got more for flying out and landing at the highlands, for example. It even said "EVA report from Kerbal highlands, soil sample from Kerbal highlands" etc

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I got 30 science from a goo sample taken in outer munar orbit.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

Kill it. Now.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Recovery gives 100% science. Want to rescue Kerbals? Don't do it! RESCUE SCIENCE INSTEAD!!

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kill it. Now.
When you test it in high orbit it says that "It seems to be at home here"

Which is odd seeing as at lower altitudes it's freezing.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Recovery gives 100% science. Want to rescue Kerbals? Don't do it! RESCUE SCIENCE INSTEAD!!
Well.. rescue the kerbals if they have samples and reports!

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!

Anyone else's menus also being super slow to switch?

Like, when you go from the part-adder to astronaut selection in the ship-building screen?

I'm getting a few weird performance issues. I've entirely cleaned up all KSP data I could find, and reinstalled. Still weird.
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 848