Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448057 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

God forbid the day we do have a budget. Someone will probably have to figure out how to get to Eeloo with a few dozen spray cans, a match stick, and a stripped-down lawn chair.
Get there? Maybe, not so sure about the 'returning' thing.

That doesn't mater though. Jeb is ecstatic either way.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My tiny rover is slippery. It slides everywhere. The whole setup did get to the Mun successfully. I need to build a monster rover now. Getting them bottom heavy is the hard part.

Oops. Tipped over and blew up the Jr docking. Can't return the whole rover to kerbin. The ascent stage can, though. Bye Jeb. No room for you.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 06:33:10 pm by BigD145 »

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

Get there? Well, so long as you don't mind getting there in pieces.
Well, you know what they say.  Any landing you can walk away from needs more boosters.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

Get there? Well, so long as you don't mind getting there in pieces.
Well, you know what they say.  Any landing you can walk away from needs more boosters.
During my latest "lets see if this ship will actually fly, oh LOLNO, no it won't" session, I was trying to shoot a space station into orbit atop what was basically just a six-symmetry group of the largest fuel tanks and Mainsails, and the whole "station part ended up coming down hard. I had radial chutes on a piece CONNECTED to it, but that piece ripped off when the chute deployed, leaving Jeb and Bob in freefall in that station piece. So I decided to see if Jeb could survive EVAing and firing his thrusters upward....NOPE. But then at the last second I EVA'd Bob and for some reason he survived. That was pretty weird.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Just downloaded Extraplanetary Launchpads, KAS, Kethane, MissionController, and NearFuture. Time to go nuts. With a fresh career, of course, since having all the science to start with would just be no fun at all. >:D

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I just overestimated my delta-v remaining in a lander and tried to land on both minmus and mun in one mission only to find that I still had 300 m/s left to go when my fuel ran out. Whoops. Bye, Bill.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just downloaded Extraplanetary Launchpads, KAS, Kethane, MissionController, and NearFuture. Time to go nuts. With a fresh career, of course, since having all the science to start with would just be no fun at all. >:D
If you manage to figure out the tweaks needed to get all those into career could you send it to me? Kinda doing the same thing, minus missioncontroller, which I probably will get at some point.

Also anyone having issues with the Rockomax BACC boosters? EVERY time I put them radially they work fine until the last few seconds of their fuel, then they jump up and hit anything I have above them, seemingly for no reason whatsoever. Is quite frustrating.

Indeed, I do this.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

I just overestimated my delta-v remaining in a lander and tried to land on both minmus and mun in one mission only to find that I still had 300 m/s left to go when my fuel ran out. Whoops. Bye, Bill.

Go down to your last stage that can survive re-entry, and make Bill get out and push.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

If you manage to figure out the tweaks needed to get all those into career could you send it to me? Kinda doing the same thing, minus missioncontroller, which I probably will get at some point.
Eh, don't know how many are properly updated, but at least launchpads works out of the box (though it's an 1000 point end-tier research)

Edit: Using my fully-unlocked save, looks like NearFuture is integrated throughout the tree quite nicely. So that leaves KAS and Kethane.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 09:47:22 pm by alway »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

More ugly over-engineering from me. Sub 70 ton "rover". Three crew so far. Kerbals can walk around inside and get to the roof. At the very least it can just drive around Kerbin. Extraplanetary Launchpad could get it on other solar bodies.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It still needs oh so much space tape.

Bonus shot.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Oh, and it looks like it's mad simple to make mod parts work with research. There's just a 'TechRequired = <technamehere>' line you add to the part.cfg

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile

More ugly over-engineering from me. Sub 70 ton "rover". Three crew so far. Kerbals can walk around inside and get to the roof. At the very least it can just drive around Kerbin. Extraplanetary Launchpad could get it on other solar bodies.
It still needs oh so much space tape.

Bonus shot.

Craft file?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok seriously don't know what you're complaining about, that "rover" is AWESOME.

Indeed, I do this.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Most efficient way to assign research to parts not set up for it:
1. get Notepad++ (if you are a sane person, you already have it)
2. Find in Files: Filter: *.cfg Directory: <modfolder>/Parts search term: cost
This will give you a list of all parts (and a count), which will open em for you when you doubleclick; nice and quick.

Tech name in the cfg seems to follow a camelcase scheme (Science Tech) -> (scienceTech)

Note: if you do this after your save researched the research pre-req, you will need to go into the tech workshop, click on the tech, then click on each part; it will prompt you if you want to research that part (it's free).

Converted over both Kethan and KAS in under 15 minutes in Notepad++; and that's because I felt like making some of the techs sensible.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 10:15:45 pm by alway »
Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 848