Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1443956 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile

Well, that went fucking great.

Takes 2 days to land on kerbin, speed up time. I press the timewarp x1 button within time, but because the game likes slowly decreasing the speed, I crashed into kerbin.

OK, I'll load up a quicksave. 'Lolnope. The quicksave will simply cause everything in the solar system to disappear. ENJOY!'

Spend about and hour and a half getting to minmus, only to have the game throw it in my face.

Exact same thing happened a couple days ago for me, with Minmus as well. It's annoying as hell.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile

My Jool probe met the Hell Kraken. Again.

What did I ever do to you, eldritch abomination?
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

I wonder if Jeb survived getting returned from orbit when I was away... Looked like a spashdown too.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

Well update on that sexy, sexy compound flyer.

Contrary to what someone suggested, the six turbojets work fine once they are in fact actual turbojets instead of rockets disguised as turbojets.
There was a small issue with the center of lift but that was fixed very quickly.

Unfortunately, I did not reach orbit, probably due to my horrendously terrible flight skills. The main jets, once they got air deprived, utterly flipped their shit...and also the plane. It continued flipping for a long, long time. I had detached those troublesome flight ruiners as quickly as possible, but to no avail.

By the time I regained control of the craft, we were WAY too far back in the atmosphere for the atomic engines to do anything constructive.

However, I can attest that air-dropping the miniplane from a similar-to-orbital-position IS just as satisfying and completely badass as I had hoped.
Even managed to get it all the way back to the KSP runway and land it. Granted said landing was very awkward and a bit too fast...and sideways, but the kerbal survived!

Overall, tweaking is DEFINATELY needed for this to be the craft I want it to be, but hey, the premise is at least sound.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile

My Jool probe met the Hell Kraken. Again.

What did I ever do to you, eldritch abomination?

I keep getting it when I land planes and disembark the pilot. It's annoying as hell.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I love big rovers. Reminds me of my old Falinesti design. What's the top speed and climbing angle on that rover?

5 m/s or so max speed on Mun. I did not try much climbing. It's certainly heavy due to plating.

11 m/s on Kerbin.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 06:21:14 pm by BigD145 »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I love big rovers. Reminds me of my old Falinesti design. What's the top speed and climbing angle on that rover?

5 m/s or so max speed on Mun. I did not try much climbing. It's certainly heavy due to plating.
Clearly you must air drop it and see how much survives.

Indeed, I do this.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Clearly you must air drop it and see how much survives.

50000 m up. It landed on its wheels at 116 m/s.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Did you even add parachutes?

Also: Kerbals survived, design is a success!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did you even add parachutes?

Also: Kerbals survived, design is a success!

Why would I add parachutes?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

In that case, very safe landing, considering anyone survived.

Try again with chutes this time?  You need to make a Duna hot-drop.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Well, the ship survived.

Except the science modules fell off.
Atleast nothing exploded.

Like the next launch did...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Well, my Mission Controller funds have been negative since the disastrous second launch, in which I didn't have enough parachutes to slow the craft, and the third launch, which succeeded, but I forgot to click finish mission. Good thing this is government funded SCIENCE because it isn't really turning a profit yet. :P

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In that case, very safe landing, considering anyone survived.

Try again with chutes this time?  You need to make a Duna hot-drop.
Frankly his design looks like it would survive a hot-drop into the sun. Very sturdy.

Indeed, I do this.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Managed to get a couple of unmanned orbiters around Duna and Eve. I think it's about time I start planning something major, construction wise. Interplanetary is the goal and modular, reusable and upgradable is the plan.
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 848