Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448474 times)

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile

A question for people mining Kethane - is it possible to fully deplete a Kethane deposit?
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Launched a manned mission to Eve, having already done probe flybys, to land and get a soil sample.

Miscalculated (well, miscontrolled actually...first time using Mechjeb and I foolishly assumed that the 'land at target' button would take account of remaining fuel) and ran out of fuel.

Kerbal now stranded, in lander, in elongated orbit of Eve.  Also in a mess of stupidity, I realised that I forgot to add a probe controller onto my orbit stage, so the lander can't even reconnect with that (as it's now debris).  :-[

So, fuel-filled rescue mission en route!
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can still reconnect to the orbital stage, you just have to turn debris tracking on in the options.

And yes, you can deplete kethane deposits.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can still reconnect to the orbital stage, you just have to turn debris tracking on in the options.

Ah, didn't realise that.  Still, it appears the Kraken has saved me from even that mistake - logged back into my game to find that the Eve-orbiting craft had simply...vanished.  No debris.  No nothing.  Just gone.  The piloting kerbal is listed in the Astronaut Centre as 'Missing In Action'.

Sigh.  Oh well.  Back to the drawing board!
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

A question for people mining Kethane - is it possible to fully deplete a Kethane deposit?

Interested as well. Wen I use up an hex will it still flow from near hexes?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

A nuclear meltdown in space would be awesome. A sphere of molten metal throwing out neutrons like they're going out of style.

You know, I'm really not sure what to make of you sometimes Silly Putty.
On the one hand, practically everything you post is a sarcastic, sometimes almost scathing response to a simple, easy-to-do mistake on someone else's part.

But on the other hand, you do it so goddamn well.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A nuclear meltdown in space would be awesome. A sphere of molten metal throwing out neutrons like they're going out of style.

SUNSNIP
On the one hand, practically everything you post is a sarcastic, sometimes almost scathing response to a simple, easy-to-do mistake on someone else's part.

silly putty

why did i not come up with this

this is going to be used so many times when i reference putnam which is never

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

The thing is... he's not wrong either...

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

I slapped into the water at 10 m/s because the parachute disappears near the ground and lost all of my four goo pods T_T So much science lost...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

I slapped into the water at 10 m/s because the parachute disappears near the ground and lost all of my four goo pods T_T So much science lost...
Turn on debris and you Still might be able to recover them from the tracking station.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Finished the campaign tree finally, with a trip to laythe. Never had this much fun.

Now I'm playing with kethane, kas, far and deadly reentry and I am soo much better at anything.

Landers that were at 75ton now have 50 with the same dv and more optionals, probes and rovers are in the sub ton range and launch vehicles are soo much small and simpler...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

I'd like to see some of the sub-ton probes and rovers, actually...

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

I think I ran out of Science sources. :x I'm only at like General Rocketry and Survivability (roughly second or third layer in the tree), and I think I ran out of things to do. Doing the goo experiments again don't give me more science :c

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd like to see some of the sub-ton probes and rovers, actually...

Let me get home and I'll pm some screenshots

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile

I think I ran out of Science sources. :x I'm only at like General Rocketry and Survivability (roughly second or third layer in the tree), and I think I ran out of things to do. Doing the goo experiments again don't give me more science :c

Build a bigger rocket, go to different places. Being close to a different celestial body will yield more science points for the same actions.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 848