Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 462 463 [464] 465 466 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448445 times)

M3hillus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #6945 on: November 05, 2013, 01:39:43 pm »

Ducttape? That should work in space....Right?

It doesnt, the adhesive doesnt work in vacuum,  it kinda just melts away.
Hmmm....Velcro?
'He can't even drive a car!'
'Perfect!'

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #6946 on: November 05, 2013, 01:40:17 pm »

Ducttape? That should work in space....Right?

It doesnt, the adhesive doesnt work in vacuum,  it kinda just melts away.
Curse you and your earthly testing!

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #6948 on: November 05, 2013, 02:07:43 pm »

That's pretty cool.  8)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6949 on: November 05, 2013, 03:33:30 pm »

I'm just going to drop a link to the latest devlog here...

Tweakables!
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6950 on: November 05, 2013, 03:41:50 pm »

No more infinite jeckpack fuel. Data transfer via Kerbal.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #6951 on: November 05, 2013, 04:42:53 pm »

So I don't have to pack millions of the same thing just to get more than 20 science from a 30 minute flight anymore? Woo hoo!

Also, sounds like we'll be able to salvage data from a stranded mission and bring it back with the rescue ship. Yay!
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6952 on: November 05, 2013, 04:47:01 pm »

Jeb is a smear on that mountain over there and that's okay. He left us data.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6953 on: November 05, 2013, 04:59:38 pm »

The "no infinite experiment repeats" sound like they're going to make science a lot more painful to happen. No more queueing up dozens of transmissions simultaneously while passing through high atmosphere. Also, no more gathering science from multiple sciomes with the same vessel :(

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6954 on: November 05, 2013, 05:02:13 pm »

The "no infinite experiment repeats" sound like they're going to make science a lot more painful to happen. No more queueing up dozens of transmissions simultaneously while passing through high atmosphere. Also, no more gathering science from multiple sciomes with the same vessel :(

Actually, it sounds like instead of repeatedly transmitting from 1 biome, you will be able to gather multiple biome experiments with 1 vessel as long as you collect and store with EVA. Much better then repeatedly mounting slightly different missions to the same planet.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6955 on: November 05, 2013, 05:06:13 pm »

This sounds pretty awesome, I've got to say.

A lot of the major functionality of B9 is getting into stock... I'm betting that "secondary propellants" means SABERS in stock.

And if tweakables are going in, I hope we get adjustable fuel tanks, and thus, realistic NERVAs.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6956 on: November 05, 2013, 05:08:32 pm »

This sounds pretty awesome, I've got to say.

A lot of the major functionality of B9 is getting into stock... I'm betting that "secondary propellants" means SABERS in stock.

And if tweakables are going in, I hope we get adjustable fuel tanks, and thus, realistic NERVAs.
Could you explain both of these?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6957 on: November 05, 2013, 05:11:18 pm »

SABERS start out as airbreathers, then switch to rockets.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6958 on: November 05, 2013, 05:55:56 pm »

Actually, it sounds like instead of repeatedly transmitting from 1 biome, you will be able to gather multiple biome experiments with 1 vessel as long as you collect and store with EVA. Much better then repeatedly mounting slightly different missions to the same planet.

Take for example a Science Jr, and land it on Eve. If you bring an antenna and a solar panel, you can get 20 transmissions each from Kerbin's surface, low/high Kerbin atmosphere, low/high Kerbin orbit, high over the sun, high/low Eve orbit, high/low Eve atmosphere and Eve's surface. That is a fuckton of science you get there: around 1900, using just the Science Jr.. I unlocked almost the entire tech tree in only six missions (landing pad sample, Mun orbit/return, Mun landing/landing/return, Minmus landing/return, a Moho orbit and an Eve landing), and I don't see how that's grindy at all, since I don't really need to go to the same place twice. Now imagine how much science I would not be able to gather at once if the science modules weren't infinitely resettable (or at least not without the occasional EVA). I couldn't do the atmosphere samples, I'd need to EVA a few times in every other sciome, and the science I'd get from Moho or Eve would be further decimated because I can't return the science completely. This would essentially mean that I wouldn't get enough science on the first trip to the planets, necessitating second and third trips just to get enough science to unlock the necessary parts for the fourth and fifth trips. I really don't see how that's better than before.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6959 on: November 05, 2013, 06:09:23 pm »

While you won't be able to transmit the data, you can get multiple uses out of the experiments as long as you return the craft to Kerbin. In the current version science stuff is like a camera that can only hold one photo, and said photo cannot be transfered to another receptacle. Now we can actually get more than one use out of a freaking THERMOMETER as long as someone's there to write down the data.
Pages: 1 ... 462 463 [464] 465 466 ... 848