Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 493 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448776 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #7350 on: November 18, 2013, 01:24:35 pm »

Wow, that's really cool.

I some point i really need to start playing around with these mods.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Tyyr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #7351 on: November 18, 2013, 04:00:08 pm »

That parachute calculator should be handy, but I always try to land with a little gas in the tank so I can make a short braking burn. I've never had a ship break when landing at 5 m/s but I prefer to touch down softer than that.

It's interesting to see how the parachutes are figured and how hard diminishing returns hits adding more of them.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #7352 on: November 18, 2013, 05:26:07 pm »

So, the tubes can extend or contract so you're not lugging the entire footprint of each base section, or sending 100's of seperate 1-piece segments?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7353 on: November 18, 2013, 05:27:50 pm »

So, the tubes can extend or contract so you're not lugging the entire footprint of each base section, or sending 100's of seperate 1-piece segments?
It uses KAS and it's cargo system to bring them as parts in a box that you attach in game with a Kerbal.

Edit: I come to love Lack Luster Labs, even tried making a plane with it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

WHY CAN THIS FLY!  Well, you need to be at about a 30 degree angle to keep a stable altitude.  Also there were no survivors.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 05:37:00 pm by Shooer »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7354 on: November 18, 2013, 07:10:35 pm »

It was all inside that one white container on the big probe body.

Be careful when opening a dish that's folded up. It may knock pieces off your vehicle. Grr. This dish can never open even though it can reach across the known system.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 07:12:17 pm by BigD145 »

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7355 on: November 18, 2013, 10:58:11 pm »

I've been meaning to start making a space station, some tubes might be a nice addition for my green hamsters.
I've decided to work on a modular system modelling past space stations, firstup a skylab style core consisting of a rocomax32 tank attached to a kerbal equilivent of an apollo command module, I'll add parts onto it untill It's similar to MIR, then perhaps start up a fresh space station freedom style one in a higher different orbit.

In fact I think I'll do it in career mode, after I've sent an apollo style lunar mission so i can modify and reuse the components of that mission like the real skylab. I'll put some pictures up when I'm done.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7356 on: November 18, 2013, 11:16:23 pm »

If you use Bavarian try to leave the vessel and go away from it and come back, reloading physics and everything. The parts you placed will stick together properly then. You don't need to be too precise in placement.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7357 on: November 18, 2013, 11:24:03 pm »

I hooked up my old joystick, and boy, flying planes in a videogame was never so fun or visceral. It rolls really hard though.

BigFatStupidHead

• Bay Watcher
  • obscure to the point of being cryptic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7358 on: November 18, 2013, 11:46:03 pm »

I hooked up my old joystick, and boy, flying planes in a videogame was never so fun or visceral. It rolls really hard though.
Try angling your wings slightly upwards, like in a shallow V. It should help stabilize rolliness.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #7359 on: November 19, 2013, 09:25:08 am »

Ok so I tried adding in a bunch of mods that Scott Manley had in his new "Interstellar Quest" series.
I didn't mess with them whatsoever but somehow one of them completely broke the game, I can't get the game to load up at all now.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ok that image is a bit less zoomed in then I thought but its still fairly visible.

Anyway I know its not KAS, Kethane, Near-Future, or Interstellar (which is treeloader and warp plugin.) its also not Extraplanetary Launchpads.
All those were present and worked together.

Some of those in there went with other things like KW rocketry I think had Firespitter? Or B9 had that....yeah I pretty much did the standard "look in Gamedata of extracted mod, copy everything into gamedata of game" for all of those.
So anyone know what went wrong?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7360 on: November 19, 2013, 10:01:43 am »

Hey so I recently got this game (what with the recent steam sale and all) and I've messed around with it a bit. Now I'm looking to expand a little, and was wondering what mods do you guys normally use, if any?
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #7361 on: November 19, 2013, 10:03:17 am »

Hey so I recently got this game (what with the recent steam sale and all) and I've messed around with it a bit. Now I'm looking to expand a little, and was wondering what mods do you guys normally use, if any?
KAS for easy refuelling and generally more docking fun.
Kethane for mining so ships have a purpose outside of research mode.
MechJeb so I can watch Netflix while playing KSP.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #7362 on: November 19, 2013, 10:15:42 am »

KAS for easy refuelling and generally more docking fun.
Kethane for mining so ships have a purpose outside of research mode.
MechJeb so I can watch Netflix while playing KSP.
This.

Also try Interstellar for its fast (but difficult to set up) warp drive, and if you REALLY want bases and such Extraplanetary Launchpads will synch nicely with Kethane and a nice low grav body like Minmus.

Unfortunately I haven't actually GOTTEN any launchpads or such on other bodies, but I assume a launch from Minmus would be so fuel efficient as to be game-breaking :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7363 on: November 19, 2013, 10:45:17 am »

In addition to those mentioned I also use KW rocketry for more (and more sensible) parts.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #7364 on: November 19, 2013, 11:57:17 am »

The exobiology teacher is being boring as hell (by not actually teaching new things), so I play KSP instead. Or would be, if my laptop still had battery. My phone has, though, so there's that.
I have a lander on its way to Moho, and damn it is hard to get there.
Standard model still works so far. The launcher is complete overkill :P
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig
Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 493 ... 848