Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 508 509 [510] 511 512 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1443960 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #7635 on: December 17, 2013, 07:41:29 pm »

Yeah. I can confirm that my steam was down in the same timeframe that you posted.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #7636 on: December 17, 2013, 08:49:49 pm »

Squad's patcher has always been laughably useless. I usually just download the full game again after every patch, it's faster...

I gave it a go again in the hopes that it wouldn't be terrible, but it still is.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7637 on: December 17, 2013, 09:07:07 pm »

steam updated mine for me

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7638 on: December 17, 2013, 09:12:51 pm »

Squad's patcher has always been laughably useless. I usually just download the full game again after every patch, it's faster...

I gave it a go again in the hopes that it wouldn't be terrible, but it still is.
Well! That's certainly good to know.

That file is still downloading for me at a cheetah's pace of about 20 KB per second. 75%.

Next time eat a salad, Squad Patcher. I won't be using you until you do.

EDIT: Huh. After I posted that, my connection rate sped right up. It's finished. :P
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 09:27:39 pm by IronTomato »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7639 on: December 17, 2013, 09:30:27 pm »

I switched to Steam, so I opened it right as I was aware the update was out and it was updated already :P

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7640 on: December 17, 2013, 10:45:32 pm »

You crazy city folk and your crazy not-terrible internet connections... This is going to take a while, as I'm installing a fresh copy on my new harddrive. :P

But while I wait; on the old drive, I made an enormous landing craft meant to plop 36 kerbals down on Laythe. Inspired by the "save as many kerbals as you can by transferring them to laythe in X timeframe" challenge somebody posted. It's basically 9 hitchhiker modules. One in the center, eight surrounding that, supported off the ground by the shorter of the large rectangular strut segments, with ladders descending those segments to get into and out of the modules. Lot of parachutes, but it lands safely from a low to mid kerbin orbit. Not easy to get it into orbit, I tell you what.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7641 on: December 17, 2013, 11:25:28 pm »

You crazy city folk and your crazy not-terrible internet connections...

How terrible? I get 512 kb/s and I get more than 500 ping astonishingly often...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7642 on: December 17, 2013, 11:51:10 pm »

Average around 25kb/s or something through steam, occasionally get up to 380kb/s for a brief stint, but anything above 50 won't last more than a few seconds. Ping is usually pretty variable, too, but for the most part it stays well over 700. Doesn't really affect KSP if I don't need to update something.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7643 on: December 17, 2013, 11:59:17 pm »

Ah, yeah, pretty bad.

BigFatStupidHead

• Bay Watcher
  • obscure to the point of being cryptic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7644 on: December 18, 2013, 12:22:24 am »

So folks, anyone noticing substantial performance improvements? Looks like I'll be in the bad boat this version; it's pretty slow for me.

Eclectic Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Vinum Sabbathi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7645 on: December 18, 2013, 03:21:33 am »

What's so cool about this update? It seems boring..
Black chant mirrors the song of the stars
Open the abyss dreamt from afar
Abominations drawn to our dimension
Feed black desires, aid human ascension

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7646 on: December 18, 2013, 03:25:16 am »

Right click a built part in the VAB.

Also, about all the resources drama: this just means that mod makers can finally get to it. Kethane, for example, has been holding off on doing its thing because the makers have been in constant fear of being made obsolete--something that is clear is not going to happen soon.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #7647 on: December 18, 2013, 03:39:39 am »

Well then, I just wish I could get this update. My game isn't prompting me for it...
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #7648 on: December 18, 2013, 04:04:33 am »

What is your preferred tweakable? So far I love the chutes.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7649 on: December 18, 2013, 06:43:29 am »

Aside from the nice performance and backend improvements, you can now rightclick parts on your rocket while in the VAB to set different things. You can launch empty fuel cans or drain the oxidizer out of a rocket stage that is using only jet or other fuel burning engines. You can set parachute's deployment altitude as well!

Science collection was overhauled so that most experiments have a maximum recoverable science for transmission and you must return the samples to get the rest.

Also the R.A.P.I.E.R. engine is excellent.
Pages: 1 ... 508 509 [510] 511 512 ... 848