Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448451 times)

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #7650 on: December 18, 2013, 08:44:26 am »

Remember the KSP problem in my physics course? Turns out nobody even knew about KSP, they thought the names in the problem description were just random or something. Well, I brought my laptop to that class (complete with an ongoing flight like the one in the problem), and now they know about KSP. Too bad everyone had to leave before I had time to land Jeb on Duna.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #7651 on: December 18, 2013, 09:26:51 am »

What is your preferred tweakable? So far I love the chutes.
SRBs for sure.  Being able to limit to half or quarter throttle and have them burn a command pod into low orbit is delicious.  Fuel loadout is also decent, just need to figure the best balance of draining half the oxidizer to streamline a spaceplane.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7652 on: December 18, 2013, 09:53:50 am »

SRBs for sure.  Being able to limit to half or quarter throttle and have them burn a command pod into low orbit is delicious.  Fuel loadout is also decent, just need to figure the best balance of draining half the oxidizer to streamline a spaceplane.
*drools*
You can adjust SRB's?
* IronTomato has begun a mysterious construction!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7653 on: December 18, 2013, 09:59:04 am »

*drools*
You can adjust SRB's?
Unfortunately (for me, at least) Mechjeb doesn't recognize changes to throttle on SRB, and lists them as going full speed, so your Dv, burn time, and TWR doesn't update.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7654 on: December 18, 2013, 10:12:10 am »

*drools*
You can adjust SRB's?
Unfortunately (for me, at least) Mechjeb doesn't recognize changes to throttle on SRB, and lists them as going full speed, so your Dv, burn time, and TWR doesn't update.
Mechjeb is for the weak!

IronTomato continues working.

Talfryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7655 on: December 18, 2013, 11:51:36 am »

My first real space plane. If only the damn thing could get to orbit...

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7656 on: December 18, 2013, 12:20:51 pm »

Tac Fuel Balancer is still great. You can mess with that on the fly.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7657 on: December 18, 2013, 01:48:53 pm »

The shadow of my plane looks like a spaceship.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7658 on: December 18, 2013, 01:49:36 pm »

I'll bet that's because it is.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7659 on: December 18, 2013, 01:50:13 pm »

I'll bet that's because it is.
Nope, it can barely lift off.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7661 on: December 18, 2013, 02:05:33 pm »

Spoiler: Your fix (click to show/hide)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7662 on: December 18, 2013, 02:43:56 pm »

Well, you guys try to get this thing to flameout height.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49176298/THERE%20IS%20NO%20WAY%20THIS%20CAN%20GO%20WRONG.craft

There's the .craft file. Good luck. (Obviously, without FAR)

Yes, that is an external command seat. I haven't killed any Kerbals by flying this thing trough that, though. It comes with a remote  guidance system.

Fitting music to play while flying this thing.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 02:57:43 pm by miauw62 »

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7663 on: December 18, 2013, 03:07:26 pm »

Unless they changed it in this release, which i can't play yet, those radial attached intakes will stop providing any airflow at all well before you get to flameout. but they won't hesitate to provide drag...
Magma is overrated.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7664 on: December 18, 2013, 03:09:02 pm »

Unless they changed it in this release, which i can't play yet, those radial attached intakes will stop providing any airflow at all well before you get to flameout. but they won't hesitate to provide drag...
Mechjeb is pretty decent here with 'control intakes' option.  It'll automatically close and open intakes to balance drag.
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 848