Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 571 572 [573] 574 575 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448225 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

I spent four hours or so (almost 5% of the total time I've played KSP!) today just walking across Minmus. I covered almost 30 kilometers. (I would have started closer, but I bounced a lot further than anticipated.)

Next, I need to walk back to the spacecraft that got me here...and that is 91.1 kilometers away.

Is there an easy way to move my kerbonaut's position closer to the ship so I don't have to hold w down for twelve hours?
(P.S. EVA rocketry isn't an option. Between the time I spent repreatedly crashing into Minmus's surface and my complete lack of EVA fuel...)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I spent four hours or so (almost 5% of the total time I've played KSP!) today just walking across Minmus. I covered almost 30 kilometers. (I would have started closer, but I bounced a lot further than anticipated.)

Next, I need to walk back to the spacecraft that got me here...and that is 91.1 kilometers away.

Is there an easy way to move my kerbonaut's position closer to the ship so I don't have to hold w down for twelve hours?
(P.S. EVA rocketry isn't an option. Between the time I spent repreatedly crashing into Minmus's surface and my complete lack of EVA fuel...)

Launch and land a rover near him. Make sure that it's really low and flat, though, since it will otherwise flip.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

I'm surprised MechJeb doesn't have a walking autopilot.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Launch and land a rover near him. Make sure that it's really low and flat, though, since it will otherwise flip.
We don't have the tech required. No rover wheels (although I think we have landing gear), and Bob would have to cling to a ladder.

I'm surprised MechJeb doesn't have a walking autopilot.
To the KSP forums!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

I covered almost 30 kilometers.

The spacecraft ... is 91.1 kilometers away.

How is that even possible? :p

Anyway, would be. Faster to send a second rocket. Or a unmanned rocket with a rover.

Doesn't need to be able to fly the way back, just to fly to the return ship

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How is that even possible? :p
I'm stubborn.
Sig

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

line up the kerbal with the ship and put a stack of quarters on the W key.

Here's my modlist. I made it the absolute minimum:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Italics are mods that aren't really essential.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

What, no B9 ore firespitter?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

line up the kerbal with the ship and put a stack of quarters on the W key.
It would still take like 12 hours. And my computer is a laptop, I'd have to put it on a table and leave it there for twelve hours. And it was a lot easier and more fun to build a rocket-spacecar.

Here's my modlist. I made it the absolute minimum:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Italics are mods that aren't really essential.
I dunno about MechJeb's italicism. I'm not sure what all Flight Engineer gives, but MehJeb's information is pretty darn required all on its own; I probably would have crashed into Minmus a lot more if I hadn't had that. Smart A.S.S. is pretty helpful, too. (I'm pretty sure MechJeb does other things, but I've never figured it out.)

He said it was minimal.

Anyways. On the subject of mods...I've seen Scott Menley using something that lets him type values in for his maneuver nodes. Any idea what that is or where I can get it? Those fine adjustments are really annoying.
Sig

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

B9 and Firespitter are almost entirely atmospheric parts. Other than Ferram and parachutes, that list of mods is largely for vacuum. Even with texture reductions B9 is quite bloated. The single most useful thing in B9 is the computer that tells you your action groups.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've used both B9 and Firespitter, and they are pretty cool, but they add so many parts it gets a little overboard- and I have three different flavors of NERVA alone. I would love a Firespitter-lite that just adds a simple electric prop engine for flying on oxygenless worlds.

Flight engineer is Mechjeb without the automation. It shows you delta-v and some other information but won't plot maneuvers or anything. When I feel like pretending I'm Scottmannley enough to fly manual, then I prefer to use Flight Engineer. But when I just want to put this satelight into this precise orbit, then I put mechjeb on there.

Apparently, Remotetech has its own minimalist node executor, so strictly speaking I only need the one.

EDIT: Forgot Porkwork's habitat pack

You know, I should make a formal pack and maybe tweak the tech tree a little... which I suppose means that I should get the Tech Tree Loader mod. I really have to many mods as it is, but I do want to make it so that you need to research nuclear power for electronics before you research NERVAs. Bah!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 01:43:36 pm by PTTG?? »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm a bit fuzzy on the specifics, but...aren't NERVAs basically the atomic engines? Aside from the fuel thing?
Sig

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes. They use internal radioactive fuel to heat reaction mass into rocket exhaust. On Earth, we use water or hydrogen. Kerbals just don't feel that something is a proper rocket unless you pour rocket fuel into it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So why do people feel the need to make more of them?
Sig

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

I have three different flavors of NERVA alone.

yeah I hate you get a pack of engines and they contain power gens, you get power gens and they come with solars..
you want a warp drive and you get a complete mining infrastructure duplicate and incompatible with kethane and co...

./rant
Pages: 1 ... 571 572 [573] 574 575 ... 848