Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 584 585 [586] 587 588 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448103 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Yup. Macey's what really got me into KSP. Shame he never got past there in the story.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

I think he went to the hospital for a while or something.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I started up a new save, then quit without doing anything so I could restart my computer (so I could use Lightshot), then after a while I started KSP back up and discovered that clicking "Resume Saved" did nothing.

...What the hell?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I love the new parts.
The surprise class (what book is it from! No google usage!) is doing quite well excepting for dealing with initial stability, and that is getting fixed with fins.
Highly Opinionated Fool

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Holy hell, it's working.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Those new engines are magnificent, but even with their incredible thrust it took 12 of them and some help from the ship's main engine to lift this beast. The launch mass is a whopping 3930 tonnes, and is comprised of 1148 parts. And as a bonus, the whole thing could easily be a SSTO with some careful piloting.

Now I just have to do it all again with the real launch. This was only a test.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How was it only a test?
Highly Opinionated Fool

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I still need to add the radiators and put 19 kerbals in their proper seats. I didn't want to do that every time while I was testing designs.
                        - Random human lord

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Radiators?

For the kerbals, just send them up is fuel ships.
Highly Opinionated Fool

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wanted to keep the ship and launcher as stock but I have ksp Interstellar installed so solar panels will overheat and shut down if there are none of the mod's radiators. It's too late now anyway, I reverted the flight. It wasn't in a very nice orbit.
                        - Random human lord

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I started up a new save, then quit without doing anything so I could restart my computer (so I could use Lightshot), then after a while I started KSP back up and discovered that clicking "Resume Saved" did nothing.

...What the hell?
Anyone tech-savvy enough to guess what the hell happened?
Sig

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, if you didn't do anything then the game may not have created any save data to load from. It's easy enough to make a new save so no harm done.
                        - Random human lord

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wanted to keep the ship and launcher as stock but I have ksp Interstellar installed so solar panels will overheat and shut down if there are none of the mod's radiators. It's too late now anyway, I reverted the flight. It wasn't in a very nice orbit.
Perhaps with KAS you can just bolt some on?

Or do you have a spare docking port that you can dock a "radiator ship" to?

...What the hell?
Not a clue. Perhaps it just decided it wasent actually done.

In other news, the Surprise is having... Launch issues. I added a engine block to the top to prevent the wriggles, but its still not working right.
Anyone know a fast place to shove images that I dont have to sign up for, or shall I just use Dropbox?

-Dang nabbit ninja-

-Eventual Edit-
I decided to just go with Dropbox, so have fun looking. Its all stock and some B9, mostly because there arent enough adapters for the big parts.
https://www.dropbox.com/home/Surprise%20Class
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 08:33:07 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, if you didn't do anything then the game may not have created any save data to load from. It's easy enough to make a new save so no harm done.
No, it's not that I can't load that save.
I click "Resume Saved" and nothing happens. I can't load ANY saves!

...What the hell?
Not a clue. Perhaps it just decided it wasent actually done.
I doubt it. I've had similar problems (one screen later), and anyways there's never been much of a delay in that part. Usually, the delay is once I've opened the menu, selected a save, and am loading it.
Still, let's try it...Nope. The option is flickering like it's been selected, the it goes back to normal. Nothing. Goddammit.
Sig

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ohhhh... Have you looked in the saves folder? Is anything there?

Anyway, the complete battleship is finally in orbit and ready to refuel and receive its complement of fighters. Unfortunately, due to some problem with the armour, the anti-capital torpedoes can't be used effectively. Probably wouldn't have used them anyway, the ship is far too unwieldy to aim.

I love how it looks in space. Once it's fueled, it should have enough delta-v to reach just about anywhere.
                        - Random human lord

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ohhhh... Have you looked in the saves folder? Is anything there?
Yes, and if there weren't, clicking Resume Saved would have still done something.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 584 585 [586] 587 588 ... 848