Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 614 615 [616] 617 618 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1443915 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

It's just organized like a storefront.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

I got Interstellar and I'm using it with B9.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ask questions. I've used the mod quite a bit.
How do I get engines, thermal turbojets in particular, to produce actual thrust? I have them hooked up to fusion reactors, and my vehicle has LFO, they act like they're turned on but produce no thrust.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

How do I get engines, thermal turbojets in particular, to produce actual thrust? I have them hooked up to fusion reactors, and my vehicle has LFO, they act like they're turned on but produce no thrust.
Right click them and it should show if they are actually producing any thrust. I should warn you though that thermal engines are not really a launch engine unless hooked up to antimatter reactors.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

DarkMP is a parallel sort of branch to KMP. They'll be intermixing.

Hooked up to reactors or directly placed node to node on the reactor? Most things in Interstellar have to attach node to node in a specific order. Just put parts together in dozens of combinations and you'll understand much of the mod. Rule of thumb: heat generation has to be connected node to node to electric generators and engines. The heat is directly transferred from part to part.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 03:36:00 pm by BigD145 »

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

...I already right clicked them, it always says 0kN even though they seem to respond to throttle. Tried switching modes, nothing.
Also, my game just crashed for the fourth time in the past half hour and I'm getting extremely annoyed.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 03:35:14 pm by IronTomato »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

The engines may not be using the correct propellent, crashes may be due to the alphaness of the game, the mods clashing, you breaking it...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, my game just crashed for the fourth time in the past half hour and I'm getting extremely annoyed.

You're likely out of RAM.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did you turn the reactor on first? Fusion reactors don't start activated, and they require an initial source of megajoules for startup.

Just started a new career game and sent my first lander to the Mun (it was supposed to go to Minmus but I messed up a bit with the navigation). Let me tell you, you don't want your lander to be parked on a 60 degree incline while the pilot flies around doing science. A single slip and the kerbal goes sliding all the way to the bottom of the hill.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

I tried again. While no windows are open, RAM usage is at 800MB. While running my modded game, hovers around 4.5GB. My computer has 6GB of RAM. Is that enough to run out?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I tried again. While no windows are open, RAM usage is at 800MB. While running my modded game, hovers around 4.5GB. My computer has 6GB of RAM. Is that enough to run out?

Unless you're running Linux 64bit, you'll max out RAM usage for KSP (3.75GB). It'll lock up and that's the end of it. Use the active memory reduction mod.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 04:40:32 pm by BigD145 »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

KSP is a 32bit program. It can't address 6GB of ram.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

Yeah Interstellar can get confusing sometimes. Actually ANY mod can get hilariously confusing fast, but Interstellar adds a lot.

I was trying to get that thermal stuff to work with microwave beamed power, like Scott Manley, but that didn't happen.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

I've decided to overhaul the mods I'm using. One part of that involves deleting Interstellar and replacing it with NEAR.

...I don't suppose anyone could remind me which stuff is Interstellar's? It's not labeled "Interstellar" or anything...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 614 615 [616] 617 618 ... 848