Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 618 619 [620] 621 622 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448122 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

* LordSlowpoke looks around

requesting: mobile launch device with 3+ >4 TWR missiles capable of reaching at least 120000m in a straight line up, for intercepting of craft in multiplayer

bonus points if it can be carried to other planetary bodies

reward: none

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Does it have to be stock/what mods can be used?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

any mod configuration, excluding interplanetary and interplanetary-likes

put mechjeb on the missiles though

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Someone would have to update this, buuuuuut: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/47065-0-21-ICBM-Launch-Silo

I'm working on a multi-platform launchpad using Infernal Robotics and Extraplanetary Launchpads. Everything folds in and out. Just feed it rocket parts and make missiles to your heart's content.
Experiment A
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I plan on moving something like this to Minmus. The idea was to use the launchpad's own legs to keep it stable on a surface. Anything other than legs or wheels on the surface of a body lead to bad things happening.

Alternatively I'll use a rover and KAS winch to drop a launchpad somewhere and then connect it up to the Ore/Kethane mining base. A skycrane will work best for the above experiment while a normal rocket will work for a rover/KAS drop. The flat engines from B9 could also be useful on the bottom of the launchpad. Just use pipes and droptanks for orbital landing.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 10:51:11 am by BigD145 »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Step one: F5 before doing anything in KAS
Step two: right click attachable things
Step three: attach things and watch your ship blow up

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

requesting: mobile launch device with 3+ >4 TWR missiles capable of reaching at least 120000m in a straight line up, for intercepting of craft in multiplayer

which stage needs to have 4 TWR? first, last?
and if TWR 4 is on first stage, does it have to go full throttle during ascent?

edit: well, here is a missile proposal, stock. I'll get to design a launcher soon.

as you can see it has 5+ TWR on both stages, mechjeb and SAS on the upper stage providing great torque for manoeuvres.

it reaches space while completely throttled up. Here is a screenshot of it at an apoapsis of 148'000 m ( flew in a straight line up) and with fuel to spare.

by adding another fuel tank to the lower stage I can significantly extend range without falling  below TWR 4.
probably I can modify upper stage to be bigger as well, but a small nimble one is probably more useful.

and here is the launcher too.
it is mobile. speed of 12 m/s.
However, launching the first rocket tends to break half the wheels. And don't try to brake , because that breaks ALL the wheels.
I can see if it is possible to support the thing better when it fires, maybe using landing legs. There are mods which should make that easy, if needed.
Right now, it is stock + mechjeb.
This launcher carries an upgrade of the earlier missile. Less TWR, but firing straight up at full throttle it can reach an apoapsis of 15M meters. with better throttle handling, it should be able to hit anything in the kerbin system.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 01:12:55 pm by andrea »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

* LordSlowpoke stares.

* LordSlowpoke stands up and begins to clap.

bloody perfect

idea was to have no stages at twr below 2.5, and the last at above 4 (it's got to be really damn fast because it'll be intercepting things, yo)

since you completely nailed it, do you feel like designing a launch vehicle to move this launch vehicle to other systems (planned locations outside kerbin are: minmus, gilly, pol/bop depending on which one will have smoother terrain, possibly dres and moho for maximum coverage) or i can just grab what you created now and run absolutely mad with it

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile

Recently, I have deduced the reason behind the uniformity of the Kerbal race. It is due to the actions of a sinister racial-purity paramilitary organization:
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Recently, I have deduced the reason behind the uniformity of the Kerbal race. It is due to the actions of a sinister racial-purity paramilitary organization:

That's racist. :C

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

bonus points if it can be carried to other planetary bodies

reward: none
That's nothing. Someone use the skillful weapons mod and the robotics mod to create a Metal Gear, complete with all the weapons of a real one.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart

So i'm considering doing a KSP LP, any suggestions on how would be a fun community dynamic?
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Suggested missions, succession games.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Pfft, those missiles aren't even ICBM!
They probably could reach other continents, actually.

Anyways. MechJeb seems to be working better now, yay. I'm working on a massive cannon, just because. It's a massive, 3.75-meter KW rocketry orange tank, connected to a Griffon XX and some legs. The thing is tilted at a 30 degree angle and includes two large kethane storage/conversion units, plus a crapton of life support stuff. I also tried to incorporate a neat sliding lift with Infernal Robotics, but that failed. Is IR still borked, or do I just not understand how to use it?
It's still in the "make sure everything's gonna work" stage, sadly. I intend to teleport a model to the Mun once I complete that stage, to see what all I can do with it...

So i'm considering doing a KSP LP, any suggestions on how would be a fun community dynamic?
Update regularly. Don't spread a mission out over several days. Do stuff you enjoy doing.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

The definition of an ICBM is one that can reach orbit.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 618 619 [620] 621 622 ... 848