Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 688 689 [690] 691 692 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448704 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #10335 on: September 29, 2014, 07:02:19 am »

Bleh, trying to get a fuel refinery into orbit. Tried to launch the whole thing at once, but it cost over $1.1 million, and kept crashing after dropping the first stage. The next one, I'm sending up one piece at a time and docking them. These are costing me about $150k a launch.

And it didn't even work! It somehow managed to shake itself hard enough to blow up its solar array(the big, expensive one), despite having no reason to be moving. Trying to transfer to orbit from the ground via the logistics hub(MKS mod, I think, plus Karbonite) takes a day and an hour and loses 80% of the Karbonite. And launching the pieces was about $180k, not $150k.

The alternate solution was to launch a large fuel tank into orbit and dock to that, but that didn't work because it twisted around itself.

Argh, gonna just nuke all the failures and modify the savefile for some extra cash.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #10336 on: September 29, 2014, 11:52:42 am »

A new Danny videos will probably be coming out tomorrow. Probably involving a new phantom force engine involving the... Klaw?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10337 on: September 29, 2014, 11:56:36 am »

A new Danny videos will probably be coming out tomorrow. Probably involving a new phantom force engine involving the... Klaw?
H̼̯͉̩͍̤̕ͅE̱̼ ͓͕̰HĄ͖̭͉̫S͚͍͖̣̲̠͝ ̦̪̤̗͚U̢̲̙͇͓N̬̫͈̘̰̯ͅL̤͢O͕̝̱C̗̖̝̖K͉E̬̰͍͈ͅD͔͙̘̻̭̰͡ ̘͈̦I̦͎̟̼͈͡TS̡ ͇̩̝͉H̵͉̞̜͖͇ID̖͓͢D̴̩̥͕̹̱EN͏̬̘ ̛̩̦͙̤͖̬P̙͖͓̥͎͇O̞̱̘W̥E͙͓̭̘̤͎R̻̗
̥̕B̯̘̮̮͍̗Ų͚͓T̗͔̠͎͖ ͈͟T̶͓̘̫̞̦O ҉̲͎̞O̦̜̜̤͈̘͇͟PE̕R͔A͉͝T̯E̴̝̩͓̱̙̭ ̲̩̫̝̪IT̢̲̪,̶̜ ̨͇͍̤̱̮̳̙IT̯͉̘͖̯͈͉ ̮N̤̹͚̹̱͕͓Ḙ̖̙E̤̖͎̯̲̟̗͟D̨S̛͎̮ ͈̰̗̝̞̖ͅA҉͉̫͖̗̱̯ ̺̪̥̰̙S̀O̴̙U̞̞̻͇͈͈͖L
̮͍̳͎̭͔H̵̩E̲ ̸̦̠̤̹̱̘͍H͚̗̪̙̤͢A̴S̡̺̦̬̼ ͚̯̼̖̙̯̞͞FO̸̲̬̥̗̥͓ͅU̴͚̹̹̘̥̦͎ND̶͚̲̺ ҉͔̞̠̪ͅͅA͙̘͙ŅO̙͖̬̠̣T̹̘͈̀H͍͚̤̜E̲̰͎͕̼͕͘R ̷̺̦̙̠W̞̫͔͚͇͡A̜͕̩͕Y͉̫̲̞

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10338 on: September 29, 2014, 04:05:47 pm »

I had to send up a science patch craft to the Mun with KAS enabled parts for a previous mission. One tall 1.25 tank and a Rapier plus ion powered probe worked like a charm. The xenon tank was only half full. Later I blew it up because Interstellar requires impacts for the seismometer. Best 20000 monies spent.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #10339 on: September 30, 2014, 07:32:41 am »

So has anyone used the new B9 stuff? Dem HX parts are ridiculohuge. :p

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10340 on: September 30, 2014, 09:35:16 am »

I keep makeing ships only for them to crash when I go to change the name.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10341 on: September 30, 2014, 10:41:49 am »

So has anyone used the new B9 stuff? Dem HX parts are ridiculohuge. :p

I only have 20 some million in the bank. Not yet ready to build big.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10342 on: September 30, 2014, 01:54:28 pm »

Later I blew it up because Interstellar requires impacts for the seismometer. Best 20000 monies spent.

So that's why I can't figure out the seismometer anymore! Damn it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10343 on: September 30, 2014, 02:32:29 pm »

Later I blew it up because Interstellar requires impacts for the seismometer. Best 20000 monies spent.

So that's why I can't figure out the seismometer anymore! Damn it.

I think 6 is the proper number of impacts if you spread them out around the body your sensor is landed on.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #10344 on: October 05, 2014, 08:34:14 am »

6 is also the number of seismic sensor you need if you want to make the most of a single impact.

edit: seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycFiYuIpev4

0.25 preview by Scott Manley

Spoiler: ehe (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 09:51:19 am by LoSboccacc »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10345 on: October 05, 2014, 10:59:18 am »

As soon as I saw the asteroid I knew exactly what he was doing. He's a goon so of course he'd start the video with that.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 12:42:39 pm by BigD145 »

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10346 on: October 05, 2014, 11:19:32 am »

Without a doubt, the most important and game-changing feature of this new release is the improved grass texture at KSC. The rest is just filler.  :P

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10347 on: October 05, 2014, 07:27:24 pm »

Without a doubt, the most important and game-changing feature of this new release is the improved grass texture at KSC. The rest is just filler.  :P
Nah, it is obviously the appearence of Atlantis.
I want mods to add cities, so that I can have fun with asteroids.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10348 on: October 05, 2014, 07:28:55 pm »

KerbinSide is going to see how easy or hard it will be to make their alternate launchpads and such destructible.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10349 on: October 05, 2014, 07:31:33 pm »

KerbinSide is going to see how easy or hard it will be to make their alternate launchpads and such destructible.
Its not the same if I can't pretend that there are thousands of innocent kerbals in my way.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.
Pages: 1 ... 688 689 [690] 691 692 ... 848