Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 709 710 [711] 712 713 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1443885 times)

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #10650 on: November 06, 2014, 03:04:17 am »

I this is a feature. Check your antennas.
I'm using the correct antennas. Upon further experimentation with a plane, it seems I can only connect above a certain altitude. There's probably something wrong with the Real Solar System terrain or the RSS Remote tech configs. Still no idea why remote command centers aren't working.

have you put rcs on your replica nose? vernors might actually be required even if they use a smaller rcs system.
Yes I have RCS, both for maneuvering and as a ballast during early flight. I guess expanding the RCS would be a good idea since I need to burn it off before reentry anyway. I also think I can afford to reduce the strength/mass of the wings so they don't offset the CoM so much.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #10651 on: November 06, 2014, 03:17:48 am »

Could it be that since Real Solar System increases all distances (Kerbin's only a tenth the size of the Earth) you're simply too far for RemoteTech?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10652 on: November 06, 2014, 03:47:09 am »

Could it be that since Real Solar System increases all distances (Kerbin's only a tenth the size of the Earth) you're simply too far for RemoteTech?
No, and Realism Overhaul changes some of the ranges for RSS anyway. Like I said, it only happens below a certain altitude so it's probably something to do with the terrain blocking the signal.

Anyway, with a few modifications I achieved a new altitude record of 53km and didn't stall, although the start of the burn was pretty unstable and needed all the additional RCS to stay on target. I even could have landed it if there were a runway to do it. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be enough fuel to get to space without some extreme flying during the horizontal ascent stage. I'll probably have to rebalance all the fuels. Fortunately, real fuels makes that pretty easy.
                        - Random human lord

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10653 on: November 06, 2014, 09:44:28 am »

You might be over the horizon from your launch site in relation to the source signal.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10654 on: November 06, 2014, 01:32:28 pm »

You might be over the horizon from your launch site in relation to the source signal.
Hm. Kerbin is small so the horizon is a lot closer than on Earth.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10655 on: November 06, 2014, 01:43:01 pm »

Except when you have a mod that makes it bigger and earth sized.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10656 on: November 06, 2014, 02:04:06 pm »

Except when you have a mod that makes it bigger and earth sized.

Exactly. If RT mashed into 6.4 Kerbin is even a little off then you'll only get a connection up in the air.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10657 on: November 06, 2014, 10:01:55 pm »

I have discovered the cheese that is paying money for science and also having a permanent base on the moon.

I get 2k science every time somebody gives me a contract to put a flag on the mun.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10658 on: November 06, 2014, 10:35:34 pm »

I have discovered the cheese that is paying money for science and also having a permanent base on the moon.

I get 2k science every time somebody gives me a contract to put a flag on the mun.

Cheater. Stop using a broken system in an alpha.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10659 on: November 06, 2014, 10:39:54 pm »

next version it'll be a broken system in a beta and then you won't be able to complain HA

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10660 on: November 08, 2014, 04:00:46 pm »

So the low-tech KSC coming in 0.90 looks pretty cool: http://imgur.com/a/G2sUx#0
                        - Random human lord

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10661 on: November 08, 2014, 04:13:34 pm »

So the low-tech KSC coming in 0.90 looks pretty cool: http://imgur.com/a/G2sUx#0
So it does. Also... rather Kerbal. Sort of.
I think poorly built industrial would look more appropriate than well built rustic.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10662 on: November 08, 2014, 04:39:54 pm »

It needs more trees (far more) or else looking less like it belongs in the Catskills.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #10663 on: November 08, 2014, 05:33:35 pm »

So it does. Also... rather Kerbal. Sort of.
I think poorly built industrial would look more appropriate than well built rustic.

same here, I hate the dumb rustic kerbals theme

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10664 on: November 08, 2014, 07:04:30 pm »

EDIT: Also, literally all of it was straight out of KSP. You could see the RCS thrusters direct the ship- the docking scene was identical to stuff out of KSP. It was perfect.

That reminds me of the first time I visited London.  "Man, this place looks just like New England," I thought.
Pages: 1 ... 709 710 [711] 712 713 ... 848