Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 710 711 [712] 713 714 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448180 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #10665 on: November 08, 2014, 08:28:59 pm »

same here, I hate the dumb rustic kerbals theme
I wouldn't say I hate the look, I just don't think it's the best choice. The kind of dilapidated and basic look of the island airfield would be more fitting than wooden stuff. The trailers work fine though, it's mostly the VAB and other assorted log cabins that are a problem.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #10666 on: November 08, 2014, 08:35:24 pm »

Is it wood? I thought it was rusted sheet metal or something. I agree that a log cabin VAB would be pretty dumb.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10667 on: November 08, 2014, 09:57:14 pm »

I would much rather it looks like some government decided to create a space program with no funding at all, over "ye olde space programme"
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10668 on: November 09, 2014, 08:47:08 am »

Is it wood? I thought it was rusted sheet metal or something. I agree that a log cabin VAB would be pretty dumb.
It would have to be very uniformly rusted and unusually rusted, at that. No, I'm certain beyond reasonable doubt that it's supposed to look like wood. Like I said, that's the only bit I have a problem with to be honest. The trailers and shoddy prefab buildings are actually rather appropriate. The VAB would probably do better to match, maybe like a dilapidated warehouse that has clearly just been rotated 90 degrees to rest on the short side.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10669 on: November 09, 2014, 09:06:07 am »

like a dilapidated warehouse that has clearly just been rotated 90 degrees to rest on the short side.
Buildings don't work like that.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10670 on: November 09, 2014, 09:17:55 am »

like a dilapidated warehouse that has clearly just been rotated 90 degrees to rest on the short side.
Yes I know.
That's what's so Kerbal about it.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10671 on: November 09, 2014, 09:21:35 am »

Yes I know.
That's what's so Kerbal about it.
I'm not sure you two know how buildings work.

I beg to differ.
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10672 on: November 09, 2014, 09:50:41 am »

Does the VAB have to be a closed building at the beginning at all? It could just consist of some precariously stacked scaffolding.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10673 on: November 09, 2014, 11:25:19 am »

No, ultimately space craft need to be built in as clean a place as possible. Airplanes are also not built outdoors. They take time to build and if it rains during construction your internal components will be ruined. Heck, there's a fighter jet that can't even operate in rain.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10674 on: November 09, 2014, 11:46:30 am »

We're talking about KSP though: they just pop rockets almost instantly.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10675 on: November 09, 2014, 12:04:16 pm »

Unless you have THAT mod.
Or you choose to wait between launches.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10676 on: November 09, 2014, 12:17:00 pm »

We're talking about KSP though: they just pop rockets almost instantly.

from an enclosed VAB and SPH.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10677 on: November 09, 2014, 03:07:24 pm »

Could still be "open" as in having no walls.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10678 on: November 09, 2014, 03:14:23 pm »

No, ultimately space craft need to be built in as clean a place as possible. Airplanes are also not built outdoors. They take time to build and if it rains during construction your internal components will be ruined. Heck, there's a fighter jet that can't even operate in rain.
This is not a game that cares about small details like that if it gets in the way of being fun. See: the way fuel works.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #10679 on: November 09, 2014, 03:24:18 pm »

This is not a game that cares about small details like that if it gets in the way of being fun. See: the way fuel works.

nah, it may be reckless, but it ain't about garbage cans in space. all the parts are sleek, efficient and purpose built. That barn sticks out as a sore thumb.
Pages: 1 ... 710 711 [712] 713 714 ... 848