Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 711 712 [713] 714 715 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448504 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #10680 on: November 09, 2014, 03:26:48 pm »

No, ultimately space craft need to be built in as clean a place as possible. Airplanes are also not built outdoors. They take time to build and if it rains during construction your internal components will be ruined. Heck, there's a fighter jet that can't even operate in rain.
This is not a game that cares about small details like that if it gets in the way of being fun. See: the way fuel works.
nah, it may be reckless, but it ain't about garbage cans in space. all the parts are sleek, efficient and purpose built. That barn sticks out as a sore thumb.
The part descriptions tell otherwise. I reckon the only reason the parts look sleek, efficient, and purpose built is because it's easier to make a craft look cohesive like that. Also it's a less complex model than something covered in dents and irregularities, so that's something.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #10681 on: November 09, 2014, 03:29:55 pm »

well I hope it will not all become in style bargain rocket parts

> http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/58639-0-24-Bargain-Rocket-Parts-v1-1-Bust-out-the-duct-tape-we-re-going-to-space%21

otherwise 0.25 will be the last version for me.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10682 on: November 09, 2014, 03:33:49 pm »

I don't think it would be all.
For item theming, I think it's ideally meant to be like The Sims (that might also be the style of description and the VAB music affecting that though). Multiple tiers of items, with the cheapest being ugly unreliable shit, then up to standard looking dependable parts, then right at the top are amazingly sleek looking and incredibly effective parts.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10683 on: November 09, 2014, 04:06:08 pm »

also, everything he say

http://i.imgur.com/onpH9fp.jpg

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10684 on: November 09, 2014, 04:20:02 pm »

also, everything he say

http://i.imgur.com/onpH9fp.jpg

That's by Bac9, the guy who did B9 and made the current KSC. He also posted similar criticism on the mission control building, but squad just kinda ignored it. Here's hoping they don't this time.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #10685 on: November 09, 2014, 04:31:59 pm »

I actually thought that .90 was going to be a mod when I first saw the image, and wondered why people were getting so upset. If it's official, then I'm not sure if I like the direction either.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10686 on: November 09, 2014, 04:51:42 pm »

Poor Bac, putting their heart and soul into the KSC buildings, only to see them try putting things like that in that might well go along side them.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #10687 on: November 09, 2014, 05:07:20 pm »

I'm holding out hope that Squad is showing us the programmer art.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #10688 on: November 09, 2014, 05:13:36 pm »

I think I would be fine with it if it was just programmer art. Kerbal Space Program is a very realistic rocket simulator... but not so much on everything else.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10689 on: November 09, 2014, 05:35:10 pm »

I'm holding out hope that Squad is showing us the programmer art.

devnote tuesday:

The art style is based on the Kerbal lifestyle. We’re almost done with the building production, but we’re making some slight modifications to make them look better. I’m looking forward to see how they work in-game.

boy I do hope you're right and they are not 'almost done'

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10690 on: November 09, 2014, 05:40:03 pm »

we’re making some slight modifications to make them look better.

Hopefully 'slight' isn't really very slight at all.
Nothing important here, move along.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10691 on: November 09, 2014, 05:51:31 pm »

I think the plan is that you start with the idiotic look then tech up to get the normal one.
Highly Opinionated Fool

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10692 on: November 09, 2014, 08:07:08 pm »

I think the plan is that you start with the idiotic look then tech up to get the normal one.

Yes, you start from a bare minimum and build up in stages. Who thought that wasn't the case?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10693 on: November 09, 2014, 09:02:48 pm »

Ispil's comment seemed to imply that these where going to be there forever, at all times.
Highly Opinionated Fool

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10694 on: November 09, 2014, 09:26:41 pm »

I think some of you are overreacting. Sure on closer inspection the models are pretty lazy and some of the textures are just godawful, but it'll probably look fine at a distance. Well, maybe not the VAB. It's still not something I would consider boycotting the update for. I'm more worried that it's part of the continuing the trend of Squad rushing releases and not fleshing out new features, which doesn't bode well for the other additions. Doubly so because this is supposedly the first "Beta" release with all the core features intact.

When it was announced I was thinking that upgrading the VAB would perhaps expand the working area, but it looks like barn is just as big as the current VAB. So what effects do upgraded buildings have? Lower production costs? Access to more advanced parts? Does a low tech VAB put arbitrary restrictions on the craft editor (god I hope not)? I really don't care how they look as long as the upgradeable buildings have good, thought out effects.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord
Pages: 1 ... 711 712 [713] 714 715 ... 848