Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 731 732 [733] 734 735 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448705 times)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #10980 on: January 24, 2015, 08:43:47 am »

Looks like I can eat my words on that fuel-mining thing.

What I was hoping their "resource" upgrade would be, is a system to carry variable resources in any given tankage space.  So instead of having a Rocket Fuel fuselage and a Jet Fuel fuselage, you would just have a generic "wet tankage" fuselage and you could store whatever ratio of jet, rocket, monoprop, oxidizer, xenon, or Tang that you wanted.

Even if it was just a choice between LF and LF/O2, with the others requiring their specialized tankage.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #10981 on: January 24, 2015, 08:49:05 am »

hopefully, it will have been worth the weight.
I'm sure the obesity will be proven worth it.

Looks like I can eat my words on that fuel-mining thing.

What I was hoping their "resource" upgrade would be, is a system to carry variable resources in any given tankage space.  So instead of having a Rocket Fuel fuselage and a Jet Fuel fuselage, you would just have a generic "wet tankage" fuselage and you could store whatever ratio of jet, rocket, monoprop, oxidizer, xenon, or Tang that you wanted.

Even if it was just a choice between LF and LF/O2, with the others requiring their specialized tankage.
So basically you wanted it to be B9?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10982 on: January 24, 2015, 08:59:10 am »

Yeah, sure. 

Except with out the hugely expanded parts list, bloated textures, and whatever other changes it makes that seem to be the cause of about 75% of the crash reports and help requests I see on the various KSP forums and groups.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10983 on: January 24, 2015, 09:03:53 am »

Yeah, trust me, I know all about how crappy B9 can be.

I was mostly referring to how the latest version had fuel types be a toggle thing for all their containers.

Indeed, I do this.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10984 on: January 24, 2015, 09:15:08 am »

sokay, I'm sure I'll be content with sucking resources out of planetoids. 

I wonder if they will come from specific spots and/or be depletible, or if you'll just be able to plop down anywhere and slowly churn regolith into gas?  Also, if the stock facilities for doing this will need to be staffed?

Could have interesting interplays with TAC-LS.  A permenent staffed fuel facility on Minmus seems like a grand idea, but now you need to keep shipping it snacks.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10985 on: January 24, 2015, 11:19:32 am »

Could have interesting interplays with TAC-LS.  A permenent staffed fuel facility on Minmus seems like a grand idea, but now you need to keep shipping it snacks.
I can already do this because Interstellar :P

And heck, I think there are TAC compatible mods that let you grow the snacks there too!

Indeed, I do this.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10986 on: January 24, 2015, 12:24:02 pm »

I can already do this because Interstellar :P

And heck, I think there are TAC compatible mods that let you grow the snacks there too!

That would be MKS/OKS. I never did figure how to get something standalone self-sufficient, though.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10987 on: January 28, 2015, 01:15:00 am »

They're finally overhauling aerodynamics, but I hope they're going to consider surface pressure. stress and heating, particularly re-entry forces, I can't believe they would ignore such a critical concept.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10988 on: January 28, 2015, 01:20:08 am »

Re-entry heating is in for the next update.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10989 on: January 28, 2015, 01:25:20 am »

Awesome! I just saw in the comments that it wasn't mentioned and assumed it wasn't in.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10990 on: January 28, 2015, 01:28:05 am »

To be fair, it was announced four hours ago.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10991 on: January 28, 2015, 02:50:48 am »

I was just thinking that that was going to be a glaring omissions for "1.0"
Magma is overrated.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #10992 on: January 29, 2015, 02:30:25 am »

Remember when "multiplayer is impossible" and "multiplayer will come after the beta" and well, nothing is to be taken for granted with squad.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10993 on: January 29, 2015, 03:22:16 am »

Nothing is to be taken as 100% certain in game development in general. Or in real life in general. Things tend to change at times. Multiplayer was more "inconceivable" and "impractical" than "impossible", anyway. Once someone figured out how it could work (and then went ahead and kludged together a working-ish version), of course the opinion of it changed.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10994 on: January 29, 2015, 03:55:52 am »

Not to mention the other few groups of people who kludged together things.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 731 732 [733] 734 735 ... 848