Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 746 747 [748] 749 750 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1443892 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

b12 server starting as mod unlocks! http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=150285.0

go vote for options, while there is still time :)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

An observation: Airbrakes are excellent at slowing you down, even at reentry speeds. A capsule can safely reenter without a heatshield if it has some airbrakes to slow it down.
Ah.  Don't they burn off, or do they slow you down faster than they disintegrate? 
An observation: Airbrakes are excellent at slowing you down, even at reentry speeds. A capsule can safely reenter without a heatshield if it has some airbrakes to slow it down.
Which... seems weird because they shouldn't be any more effective than a capsule's ass or a heatshield.
When you deploy them, they basically halt you to a stop. It may have been just the particular configuration I used though, just testing the principle. But it worked exceptionally well, so it's worth investigating.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fancy new homepage.

Get your fancy topknot kerbals for 25% off $40.
I remember when it was like, $7 and used a crappy forum-based store interface.

$8 and well worth the price.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Space tourism (or just suborbital flight service) missions. Interesting.

Kerbal Airways, anyone?
"Come fly the friendly skies! Sometimes, you'll even arrive in one piece!"

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do you people use GoG, Steam, or the KSP website to update? I haven't transferred from the KSP web store and I want to know if their updater is functional (the last couple times I tried the 'auto updater' it... didn't work). I might redeem a steam key if their updater is still broken/bad

EDIT: I paid 18 dollars according to the KSp store, still worth every penny and more.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fancy new homepage.

Get your fancy topknot kerbals for 25% off $40.
I remember when it was like, $7 and used a crappy forum-based store interface.

$8 and well worth the price.

same here

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do you people use GoG, Steam, or the KSP website to update? I haven't transferred from the KSP web store and I want to know if their updater is functional (the last couple times I tried the 'auto updater' it... didn't work). I might redeem a steam key if their updater is still broken/bad

EDIT: I paid 18 dollars according to the KSp store, still worth every penny and more.

I just go to the website and download. It's been easier to mod different versions. Today's download was the fastest it's been Day 1.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

I use steam but I back up and run ksp on another drive

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

does anyone know if antenna range also blocks satellite from working when out of range, like remote tech? or is it only for transmitting science?

hum, are there no asteroids no more?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 03:32:07 pm by LoSboccacc »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

There's an asteroid belt about Dres now, making Dres a proper dwarf planet. You probably need to upgrade your tracking station to see asteroids near Kerbin, especially since that's how it was in 0.90 IIRC.

I'm pretty sure antennae weren't changed weirdly like that.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I think you need to upgrade your tracking station.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile

HOLY FUCK THAT NEW HOMEPAGE IS SO AWESOME HOLY SHIET!
I can hardly believe that I only paid 12 smackaroos for this game.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Think I paid 14... The price is increasing exponentially, isn't it? Couple years it'll cost you $135 and require three $45 expansion packs to play online.

I am so playing this update, though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

wow that deadly reentry is fucking hard

I tried reentering with a heat shield but screw that my ship flips over and starts facing the wrong way, destroying all of the science that I got (but leaving Valentina intact)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

wow that deadly reentry is fucking hard

I tried reentering with a heat shield but screw that my ship flips over and starts facing the wrong way, destroying all of the science that I got (but leaving Valentina intact)
Put heat shield on front AND back!
Pages: 1 ... 746 747 [748] 749 750 ... 848