Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 772 773 [774] 775 776 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448036 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

why do i read this THREAD

All it makes me want to do is get the game but I can't for multiple reasons and UGH D:
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's like the opposite of my problem. I have the game, I just suck at it hard and can't play.

Best I could do was make a giant fuel tank that flies and explode mid air.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's like the opposite of my problem. I have the game, I just suck at it hard and can't play.

Best I could do was make a giant fuel tank that flies and explode mid air.

I certainly have a few games that are like that.

Ugh! Life and Death 2: The Brain... AHHH!

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With Macey coming back I was in the mood to make a warship.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's much smaller than my previous endeavors. I've been calling it a corvette, but it's probably closer to a FAC. It's armed with 16 torpedoes and has two nuclear engines with 3700 m/s of delta-v worth of fuel.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

Speaking of Macey Dean style stuff, has anyone ever used Interstellar to make warp-drive torpedoes? That was something I wanted to do but never got around to.

Hopefully I'll get around to figuring out what is needed for it when Interstellar updates to the current version.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Interstellar is updated to current, just not by the original author. Two downloads are required.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

Interstellar is updated to current, just not by the original author. Two downloads are required.

Egh, looks like they're still using the same crappy .24 models for some of the parts. Interstellar needs a rebuild and a simplification, especially considering the new stock heat mechanics and resources...
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Most of the original models are fine, barring some bad hitboxes on some. Colors are subdued and fit okay with stock. I prefer the warp drive models, especially the folding one.

The USI warp drive is gawdawful.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

The USI warp drive is gawdawful.
Pretty sure he made that as a one-off joke, not as a serious mod

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

Any chance you could link to the downloads? Or just where to find the downloads?

As I stated earlier, when looking for unofficial Interstellar stuff there were like five different unofficial ones that all linked to each other and were just a general mindfuck.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any chance you could link to the downloads? Or just where to find the downloads?

As I stated earlier, when looking for unofficial Interstellar stuff there were like five different unofficial ones that all linked to each other and were just a general mindfuck.

I'm on an android tablet. Not as easy to provide links. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/111159-WIP-1-0-2-KSP-Interstellar-Extended-1-0-10-%28last-updated-7-5-2015%29-IMPROVED-VISTA-ENGINE%21

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

Interstellar needs a rebuild and a simplification

I'd love them to get rid of the multidimensional research, just unlock better parts as the rest of the game does, and to reduce the fuel madness, I mean, it is nice, but the tank spam is annoying :(

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Interstellar needs a rebuild and a simplification

I'd love them to get rid of the multidimensional research, just unlock better parts as the rest of the game does, and to reduce the fuel madness, I mean, it is nice, but the tank spam is annoying :(
The research/upgrade mechanic was in place as a holdover from upgrading parts before KSP had any kind of research progression. Afterwards it was kludged in but never really fit well.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The upgrade mechanic was fine, except you were forced into the upgrades which weren't always better for certain missions. Little long lasting nuke power plants were better than hotter shorter nukes for running a research center 24/7. Retrofitting was weird though and a result of a much smaller tech tree. Mechjeb uses an incremental upgrade path that works fine. The multiple tanks was done before B9 had the "next skin" thing to keep part count down. Yes, Interstellar needs serious work.
Pages: 1 ... 772 773 [774] 775 776 ... 848