Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 790 791 [792] 793 794 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1443912 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

So KSP has claws now.

Neat.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Introduced in 0.23.5, 1 year ago.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 08:30:14 pm by BigD145 »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

They had it for, what, three months?

.26, I think

* Aseaheru looks it up

v0.23.5 is when it was, there was no 0.26 , and I have no idea where I got that number from...

-ninja edit-

year and a month.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile

So what, eh, are you supposed to do with 'em?
What the hell do you think you are supposed to do with them?  Target practice.  Unfortunately we do not have destructible cities on Kerbin yet, so that kind of defeats the point.
Being more serious, I think you should be able to mine them.  If you can put one in LKO, then you should have a self sustainable refueling station.  You should also be able to do science on them.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile

So what, eh, are you supposed to do with 'em?
Stick wings and engines on them. Go flying.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Extinctify some dinosaurs?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just so.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

So who here uses the USI Colonization thing?

After looking at it, it looks awesome, but I'm not really sure it fits what I'm looking for right now.

ATM I'm looking for something to provide a way to recycle food from TAC life support, I would just use Biomass like I usually do but its not updated as more then a "test" version, and I'm somewhat attached to my save at this point.

USI CAN provide food recycling, but to do so requires about three rockets worth of empty mass, and for what I want it for I would have to drop that all on DUNA.
And all just to give some purpose to a stupid contract beyond "MUNNEH, BIT OF SCIENCE"

Basically it looks really cool, but the more I read about it my mental image of my rockets looks exponentially more ridiculous.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There are a slew of mods that plug into various lifesupport mods that let you grow food.

Also, if you dont want to use the MKS parts, what about the OKS ones?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought TAC life support provided a way to recycle stuff from TAC life support.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought TAC life support provided a way to recycle stuff from TAC life support.
Just water and oxygen, still have to launch all food from Kerbin, which does not help one make a base that doesn't starve because you haven't mastered planetary transfers yet.

Also, if you dont want to use the MKS parts, what about the OKS ones?
LANDING on Duna, so Orbital stuff doesn't help the Kerbals who will probably be stuck there for the foreseeable future to not starve.

BFEL has to make a base on wheels on Duna, and not really good enough to reliably get them back OFF that base, so self sufficiency is kinda important.

Indeed, I do this.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was about to say that you could keep them in orbit, and the kerbals in a lander, and head back up, then read about the rolling base...

Whatabout the HOME parts? Most of those collapse, which should help.
Nevermind, those dont have functionality with life support that I can see.

Meanwhile, while looking for mods that do have that job, I discovered that there is a contract mod for BD armory, so you can go and make your craft-o-doom and go kill things with it, without having to make those extra vehicles.
Highly Opinionated Fool

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dammit, of course the thing I need most right now is funds, and KCT decides to take my money and not give me my building upgrade. FUCK. 300000 funds gone. FUCKING BUGS GODDAMMIT.

Looked for the file to edit funds but couldn't find it. UGH.

Indeed, I do this.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's "persistent.sfs" in the save folder. Alternatively, you can hold alt-f12 down for a few seconds to access the extra-secret cheats that let you add or remove money, science and rep.

I feel like a challenge, so, starting tomorrow I'm going to try to design and fly an SSTO that can go to Laythe and back without refueling. Wish me luck!
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord
Pages: 1 ... 790 791 [792] 793 794 ... 848