Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 30

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXV - Game over, webadict wins.  (Read 61558 times)

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV - Day 1: IN UR BASE...
« Reply #240 on: July 14, 2011, 07:57:45 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So that's explaining yourself multiple times eh?  Well the thing is that isn't on trail, what you currently need to defend yourself for is why the hell did you freak the fuck out at the mention of your name?

ah ok then, if darvi's fine with it, I just always assumed any form of edit was an insta-kick.

Eh? when did I freak out. I changed my mind of my own accord after re reading your posts.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 14, 2011, 08:00:37 pm »

Unvote.
Holy hell of  a fucking easy fold.  No one told you to remove it without any points otherwise.  In a case like this it would be only normal if you unvoted with a god damn reason or do you need to ask me what I think are your reasons for the unvote?

Because I think you just fucking folded like wet origami, you scum.
The hell is a fold? And since when do I need 'points' to unvote for something? I already said I voted at him to see if he would crack up but he didn't.
Meanmelter-Try to prove to me you are not scum and that you didn't just fold to please and attempt to get everyone off of you.

I also need to start thinking for a minute before posting but the amount of ninjas lately kinda threw me into turbo mode.
Again, what is folding?
Sure you're not just trying to bump your postcount?
Haha, no.
holy crap I totally fucked up.   I thought it was you voting for flintus, it wasn't you it was deadmeat.

Wow I really screwed up, in that case folding does not apply to you.

Unvote Meanmelter
Vote anzki4

Why are you so insistent that I vote for you? I agreed my logic was inferior and changed my vote. Yet you persist in criticizing this.
If you want to die, just say "I am a Scumbag", and get it over with.
This.  This is not anything to do with changing your mind earlier.  This is you reacting exceptionally aggressively to something that is not about you in the least.  This is something based on the fact that I *thought* you retracted your vote from flintus without a word, when it was in fact meanmelter.
Nom nom nom

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 14, 2011, 08:01:23 pm »

Really was asleep if anyone had been keeping track of my online status anyways lotsa pages to go through I will start by answering the questions that were asked of me early on.
Flintus10: Hello there, good to see you, I can't recall your face, but you said you had played before. How did that work out for you?
It was one of the earlier beginners mafia where we didn’t have IC’s actually playing along with us I cannot recall which one but if you want to give it a look then I could try to find it.
Long story short we lost and that was mainly due to a whole lot of just random accusing and arguing, but was also not helped by the fact that BOTH mafia players were essentially absent and lurking for the entire game until about the second half of the game when they were both replaced.
I am not sure how I personally did because the IC’s didn’t really individually critique us but well we didn’t win so I don’t think I was that good.
Flintus10, you were picked up by the lady luck. Tell me, if she would have chosen you to become a red spy as well, what would be your strategy ?
Haven’t ever played as mafia since like some paranormal game when I had 0 idea of what I was doing and should never have joined so I guess I would definitely be heeding the scum IC’s advice and basically trying to play active, look like I am scum-hunting and generally not throw out too many tells.

As for what has happened so far I really am having trouble finding any massive giveaways

Kilakan is leagues more aggressive than anybody else but seems to at least be getting some kind of reaction. Still he is pretty experienced I think, so he is definitely not clear of any suspicion if that even needs to be said.

Deadmeat is making a lot of mistakes but I am finding it difficult to believe that with Webadict telling him what to do he could be slipping so easily so noob town is my current verdict. Although it’d be nice if one of the IC’s/experienced players could tell me whether or not that is a valid point.

And Freeformschooler You have definitely posted a lot and remained active but a lot of what you have said is either useless or the restatement of someone else’s point. Now correct me if I am wrong but that seems like the actions of a new scum player trying (and failing) to seem genuine does it not?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 14, 2011, 08:03:33 pm »

Deadmeat is making a lot of mistakes but I am finding it difficult to believe that with Webadict telling him what to do he could be slipping so easily so noob town is my current verdict. Although it’d be nice if one of the IC’s/experienced players could tell me whether or not that is a valid point.

Don't drink the wine.

Now correct me if I am wrong but that seems like the actions of a new scum player trying (and failing) to seem genuine does it not?

Don't phrase this as a question.  You're making an accusation, and if you're wrong then he'll correct you.  No pressure-lessening.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 14, 2011, 08:04:17 pm »

Oh, and IronyOwl, if you don't show up in the next 12 hours I'm lynching you :3
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 14, 2011, 08:07:02 pm »

And Freeformschooler You have definitely posted a lot and remained active but a lot of what you have said is either useless or the restatement of someone else’s point. Now correct me if I am wrong but that seems like the actions of a new scum player trying (and failing) to seem genuine does it not?

This also applies to me as a Town. In fact, it applies to me in general. I have a habit of restating or attempting to back up other peoples' own points after they've said them -- this can be seen in any debate I'm in outside of this. I'm really trying to break out of this though, and you can see I'm getting better with my case against anzki4, even though a small portion of that was similar to what kilakan stated.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 14, 2011, 08:09:18 pm »

You are wrong, simply because trying to draw anything out of that is likely to end in a WIFOM.  Not to mention that the restatement part has already been addressed, but i am sure you will get to that.

Wait does that make what you just said about restatements a restatement.... ow my head.
Nom nom nom

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 14, 2011, 08:09:46 pm »

Unvote.
Holy hell of  a fucking easy fold.  No one told you to remove it without any points otherwise.  In a case like this it would be only normal if you unvoted with a god damn reason or do you need to ask me what I think are your reasons for the unvote?

Because I think you just fucking folded like wet origami, you scum.
The hell is a fold? And since when do I need 'points' to unvote for something? I already said I voted at him to see if he would crack up but he didn't.
Meanmelter-Try to prove to me you are not scum and that you didn't just fold to please and attempt to get everyone off of you.

I also need to start thinking for a minute before posting but the amount of ninjas lately kinda threw me into turbo mode.
Again, what is folding?
Sure you're not just trying to bump your postcount?
Haha, no.
holy crap I totally fucked up.   I thought it was you voting for flintus, it wasn't you it was deadmeat.

Wow I really screwed up, in that case folding does not apply to you.

Unvote Meanmelter
Vote anzki4

Why are you so insistent that I vote for you? I agreed my logic was inferior and changed my vote. Yet you persist in criticizing this.
If you want to die, just say "I am a Scumbag", and get it over with.
This.  This is not anything to do with changing your mind earlier.  This is you reacting exceptionally aggressively to something that is not about you in the least.  This is something based on the fact that I *thought* you retracted your vote from flintus without a word, when it was in fact meanmelter.

To be honest, I have no idea what you did or planned to do. You confused me with this whole line of questioning. I don't know what was intended for me or meanmelter or what. I reacted assuming you were trying to say I folded when I retracted my vote on you, and my inability as to why you would persist in that line.

As for Flintus, I thought everyone here were in 'noobtown' to some degree, as this is a beginner game?
Yes I made a mistake, I shouldn't have changed my original vote, I initiated kils relentless scumbag hunting program. I misread the votes and thought he was getting band wagoned, I realised I was wrong after the fact.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 14, 2011, 08:15:36 pm »

I don't understand this?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 14, 2011, 08:16:07 pm »

God damn it you assholes. The game starts without me, explodes into posts (which is good!), but then it's almost entirely worthless passive bullshit.

FIRST OF ALL, ALLOW ME TO EXPLAIN HOW MAFIA IS PLAYED

You ask questions in order to gain insight as to who is scum.

Ta-da! That's basically it. A lot of your are going through the motions without having any real idea of what you're doing, or skipping right to the "Vote scum, sit on ass" stage. Sometimes it seems like ALL of you are stuck thinking about what's scummiest and not who's scum. There's a difference- I want to to ask yourselves, those suspicions? Are they because you get the feeling so-and-so is scum, or because some guide says such-and-such is a scumtell and so-and-so is doing it?

I also want you to ask whether you're pressing further to confirm/reconsider, or declaring a job well done, you've caught somebody doing X, and are now going to ride the bandwagon til the end of the day and be left with absolutely nothing when they get lynched.

Now, on to individually beating people with pieces of rebar. Pay attention, because this is relevant to everyone.

QUESTIONS AND YOU:
Deadmeat1471, how do you plan to find the scums ?

freeformschooler, what is your favorite class ?

Meanmelter, which is better color, red or blue?
Now, I realize RVS is basically over anyway, but a lot of you seem to not understand what the point of it ever was. And if you don't understand what RVS is, it's likely you don't fully grasp the point of questions in general.

anzki4, I think you might be scum. So I'm going to ask you a question to look into that: What's your favorite type of cake?

Except, wait, that doesn't help me in the slightest. How are you going to answer in a useful manner? "Chocolate", well chocolate is an easy answer so he must be scum trying to slide by? "Lemon", yellow like the color of fear, so he must be cowardly scum? "Carrot", well carrots are healthy so he must be town?

No. It's worthless. Complete garbage. Later on you say "well you never know," but you do. There's zero chance for this to result in useful data. And if you're asking this, you're either not asking useful questions, or you're bloating your posts with useless fluff. Imagine if my post had a poem or series of ~~~~~'s every so often. That's what you're doing by asking worthless questions.

Now let's look at a useful question instead: anzki, who would you protect as a doctor?

And yes, there's a lot of ways he can answer without it really being useful. He might give an expected, stock answer like "the ICs," for instance, and if he's not a doctor it might not seem like a meaningful question. But whatever answer he gives will give me insight into how he's thinking, thereby allowing me to read him better- the mafia him, that is, not what movies he likes or whether he enjoys moonlit walks on the beach.

Furthermore, there's always the chance to ask him more questions- I could ask which IC, or how many nights in a row he'd protect an IC when it was obvious other people were being NKed instead. With cake, there is no followup- what else am I going to ask, whether he likes ice cream on it or not?

---

More later, both in general instructive sense and the HELLO I SEE YOU ARE SCUM variety. This is a LOT to work through.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 14, 2011, 08:16:38 pm »

Uh huh that's kinda the point I really messed up in my argument there "thought two people were the same person"  but you reacted to the confusion violently because it had your name on it.  Either way, ok decent answer.
As for Flintus, I thought everyone here were in 'noobtown' to some degree, as this is a beginner game?
Yes I made a mistake, I shouldn't have changed my original vote, I initiated kils relentless scumbag hunting program. I misread the votes and thought he was getting band wagoned, I realised I was wrong after the fact.
Well Vector certainly isn't a noob, neither is Ironyowl when he/she shows up.  I'm only a noob to online mafia, and I'm pretty sure no one could consider Max White exactly a noob anymore either.

I don't understand this?
No one can but him, it's what would be called a WIFOM I'm pretty sure there's a description of it on the first post.
Nom nom nom

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 14, 2011, 08:20:39 pm »

Uh huh that's kinda the point I really messed up in my argument there "thought two people were the same person"  but you reacted to the confusion violently because it had your name on it.  Either way, ok decent answer.
Well Vector certainly isn't a noob, neither is Ironyowl when he/she shows up.  I'm only a noob to online mafia, and I'm pretty sure no one could consider Max White exactly a noob anymore either.

I don't understand this?
No one can but him, it's what would be called a WIFOM I'm pretty sure there's a description of it on the first post.

Yeah I kinda got the impression most of you had done this before. Well for the record this is my first game.
Don't consider this either an excuse to avoid attention or a tell that im a lying scumbag whos secretly an expert but shows no evidence of this whatsoever.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 14, 2011, 08:24:07 pm »

IronyOwl that is a good point.

anzki4, if you get back on here before deadline why have you been so passive in terms of pressing people.
Vector, other than voting and correcting people you've been really quiet, I expected you to be much more aggressive, especially if you were a town. You haven't been pressing people much either.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 14, 2011, 08:25:00 pm »

Kilakan is leagues more aggressive than anybody else but seems to at least be getting some kind of reaction. Still he is pretty experienced I think, so he is definitely not clear of any suspicion if that even needs to be said.
I missed this the first time, but let me say, don't piss off Vector.  Apparently Ironyowl is like a spiked frying pan, but I've never played with... him?  Her?  it? before anyways.

Ironyowl Please tell me if you are male or female so I know what to refer to you as.
Nom nom nom

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 14, 2011, 08:28:03 pm »

Vector, other than voting and correcting people you've been really quiet, I expected you to be much more aggressive, especially if you were a town. You haven't been pressing people much either.

Don't underestimate how much effort it takes to wrangle in you lot.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 30