Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 59

Author Topic: Fortbent: Homestuck mod (v3.1.0) (0.44.05)  (Read 177252 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortbent: Homestuck's Trolls: Pumpkins! (31.25)
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2011, 06:44:04 pm »

I must say, I can't seem to find a use for metal wool bars outside of metal wool clothing. Is that an intended feature or am I missing something? Because it seems strange to take away steel, only to replace it with a tier of item that can't be used for making weaponry. Even one that's slightly worse than steel or something.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2011, 06:49:01 pm »

I must say, I can't seem to find a use for metal wool bars outside of metal wool clothing. Is that an intended feature or am I missing something? Because it seems strange to take away steel, only to replace it with a tier of item that can't be used for making weaponry. Even one that's slightly worse than steel or something.

...ur doin it rong

seriously, though, you need to use the custom furnace. You'll see it if you look in the furnace menu.

It can convert that metal wool into stuff that's actually good for weapons and armor.

Just... don't let any non-greenbloods use it. Or any greenblood with children.

Trust me, tantrums out the ass will ensue.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2011, 07:04:40 pm »

Somehow, I missed it, even after reading through the readme. Hooray!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2011, 05:01:46 pm »

Okay, I think I figured out why I couldn't make sharpmetal wafers out of the metal wool bars. The problem was that they were metal wool bars, and instead of using those, the custom workshop uses the original strand form of the material. Is it possible to convert the bars back into strands via something I'm missing or am I stuck with nearly useless metal wool bars?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2011, 06:55:45 pm »

Okay, I think I figured out why I couldn't make sharpmetal wafers out of the metal wool bars. The problem was that they were metal wool bars, and instead of using those, the custom workshop uses the original strand form of the material. Is it possible to convert the bars back into strands via something I'm missing or am I stuck with nearly useless metal wool bars?

You're stuck with them.

To be honest, I wasn't aware you could make metal wool bars in the first place!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2011, 11:17:44 pm »

You're stuck with them.

To be honest, I wasn't aware you could make metal wool bars in the first place!

They ARE metal, so I melted them to see if that would make them more useful (before I saw the custom workshop). Hmm... I suppose you could make it so the bars are exclusively for the metalcrafter or something. Dunno.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2011, 07:14:37 pm »

Quote from: AH
Lime bloods. We know nothing about them, and the only indication they exist in the story at all, aside from the indirect evidence I just mentioned, is that shade is on the walls of the highblood’s throne room.

Well, fuck, now I have to account for this.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 19, 2011, 10:09:16 pm »

Bumpy for update.

I fuckin' accounted for it. I also fixed up the trolls a bit, as suggested. Added the sprayedmoirails stuff, too.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2011, 10:39:00 pm »

Great - I like it. But I'd like to see some sopor slime and mind honey. perhaps both could be produced by bees? Or does what kind of bee made it change what kind of honey is made?
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2011, 02:49:21 am »

I could make the mind honey, but I'd prefer ingestible syndromes to be in before I even think of embarking on the endeavor.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2011, 03:57:01 am »

Do blood colors provode any modifiers to attributes or skills? The only one I noticed was dark blue being STRONG.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2011, 04:04:18 am »

Do blood colors provode any modifiers to attributes or skills? The only one I noticed was dark blue being STRONG.

There's some variability, but not much, except where subjugglators are involved.

Dark blue trolls being STRONG is a freak happening, but not an accidental one. They're uncommon, but they sure do exist.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 22, 2011, 04:15:35 am »

Huh, that's weird then. Because two dark blue trolls (ome in Sprayedmoirails and the other in my own fort) were indefatigable, mighty, and very agile. They were also both named Gjaski though so that ups the koinkydink factor.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2011, 05:13:31 am »

Released a as-far-as-I-could-tell-working Genesis version of the mod.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: Fortbent: a Homestuck mod (v 1.2.3)
« Reply #89 on: January 02, 2012, 08:08:27 pm »

Completely unrelated, but maybe instead of stabs and slashes on the SORD..... you could change them to horribly misspelled versions like STASBS..... or SLAPSHE.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 59