Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 452096 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile

Building a single wooden wall to stop unkillable eldrich abominations would be a little anticlimactic, so flood of hilarious clowns is all we get for endgame...

How many chunks would come off if you dropped a giant sperm whale from the highest sky-topping z level to the lowest floor of Hidden Fun Stuff?

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile

It would explode into meat, with enough force to kill an entire fortress. Or, just, yknow, turns into a puddle of gore you can mealify.

Why don't my friends want to play Dwarf Fortress?
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

jcochran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because they're sane and wish to remain so.

Why can a single pillar support an entire mountain?

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile

Because real physics have not been implemented yet.

Why are wolves so weak?
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Mr.Mountain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because if the elves can cage wolves, anyone can bludgeon them with their own body parts. Seriously though, it's probably the same reason you can kill a duck without a problem. It doesn't have a predisposition to combat skills (such as megabeasts), but since it's hostile, it approaches you and proceeds to die.

I was looking over the legends, and I noticed that most temples are razed by the very civilization that created them. It's usually along the lines of:
In 157,The Axes of Violence created The Axe Temple in the Hills of Whatever
In 158, The Violent Creed was created in the Axe temple
In 158, the dwarf Urist McViolence ruled The Violent Creed from The Axe Temple in The Hills of Whatever
(several entries of shit being stolen by kobolds)
In 170, The Axes of Violence razed The Axe Temple

y dis hapen?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 08:33:55 pm by Mr.Mountain »
no one could have anticipated this

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They realize their mistake in building temples not dedicated to Armok. This realization usually comes after a new, more worthy dwarf/human/goblin/elf comes into power, or when Armok offers them a choice. Those who don't convert are usually sent to a lovely circus filled with clowns, all willing to share their cotton candy with the stubborn dwarves/humans/goblins/elves.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile

Seeing as there is no question, I'll ask mine:

Why don't dwarves get cooked while near magma, only in it?

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile

Dwarven body hair prevents hot air from touching the skin of the dwarf, however the liquid magma gets through to their non-heat-sensitive skin
How do 100 war bears fit in the same cage?

Nico2167

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE Bogeymen
    • View Profile

How do 100 war bears fit in the same cage?

Because they are bigger on the inside.

Why am I too lazy to begin a new fort, and when I finally do, I abandon it?
Beware that looking into cross breed babies tend to be hella glitchy and crash the game if you save and reload the game as DF doesn't know how to reproduce what ever the god living hell you made.

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile

Because there wasn't any sand.

Why do kobolds insist on stealing worthless dwarven crap?

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It was either that or stealing from the elves and no-one would buy any of that.

Why don't dwarven ballista-operators count as military units? They always run instead of firing.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's only military if you can whack people with your weapon. So crossbows = OK, ballistae = no good.

How can a kea steal an anvil?

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

By picking it up with their talons and flying away.

Why don't vampires just shut up and drink booze if they crave it so damn much?
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To never drink a liquid from a vessel for all eternity - such is the curse visited upon dwarves who have transgressed against gods, called vampires by the common folk. They do not even need blood, but suck it from their drunk victims nevertheless in hopes that it may still contain the sweet tang of alcohol.

Why do dwarven children never pick up all those dead people's clothes they claim for themselves?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Why do dwarven children never pick up all those dead people's clothes they claim for themselves?
They realize it's smelly and covered in blood and decide they don't want it anymore.

How does a dwarf know if an item is claimed? (I don't see your name on it, Urist!)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 05:09:39 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 301