Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 70

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Game Over! Demonic Victory  (Read 272756 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Day 5 - 1 Replacement needed!
« Reply #960 on: September 19, 2011, 11:32:18 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
NativeForeigner: Toaster
Solifuge: Mysteriousbluepuppet
Toaster: ECrownOfFire, Leafsnail, Max White, IronyOwl

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: September 19, 2011, 01:47:55 pm »

Solifgue:
I don't like you both bashing logic and reasoning. I don't like you both trying to rush the day. I don't like you both pushing to both lynch a guard, and then kill off 4 players tonight (including Max, who is key in scanning for the Vampire Lord), especially when that could lead to a Scum Victory.

But most of all, I really don't like this buddy-buddy thing the two of you have had lately. You're practically locked in an ouroboros circle-jerk, leaping to eachothers aid, and bashing anyone who speaks differently. One of you is leading the other on; given skill level and past performance, Irony is too good to fall into the buddying trap, while I'm sorry to say that Max is not.
I don't like you ignoring everything you don't like and making terrible, terrible arguments that you then can't back up. But most of all, I really don't like you making vague emotional appeals about how everyone's being sheep and anyone who calls you on your bullshit is wantonly bashing you for no good reason.

Irony, Toaster is not guaranteed to not be Scum, but I know for a fact that there's a damned Guard, and I'm not going to let you deny that when you have no reason to suspect that there isn't, save for some baseless personal assertion that you just MUST believe to be true. Lately, you've been countering sensible arguments with Assumed Personal Authority alone, as badly as Jim was doing yesterday. You're trying to make facts fit your preconceptions, at the cost of every other possibility. You're not being logical, you're being dogmatic.
The irony in you calling me on this shit is hilarious.

You're convinced Toaster is a Guard. It's a fact! An ironclad, immutable fact! How do we know this?

You and a bunch of dead scum can confirm it.

Awesome. That's just what we need- Solifuge's personal word. I mean, anyone who'd call you a liar, for any reason, has clearly thrown logic out the window and resorted to a dogmatic mantra.

Remind me again- who was it who helped lynch Jim because of a safe fakeclaim? You. Who was it who started calling out Leaf as "clearly the Vamp Lord?" You. And who was it who considers me damned likely as the Lord, despite a web of confirmation involving said Devil, who you've evidently given up on? That's right, you, the same person who's now shocked and appalled that anyone could disbelieve someone else's roleclaim.

Lynch and Non-Lynch Votes, in order cast, sorted by day:
Alright. I admit I found this interesting. Notably, it's confirmed to me that Bdthemag really needs to die; but he's going to anyway, so that's not really news.

It still suffers from a boatload of problems, of course, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Irony:
Why are you so willing to trust Max?  There's no reason he couldn't have been converted, and it's reasonably possible that he's the lord.  You're willing to follow his lead into oblivion when there's no real reason to do so.  Think for yourself for once.
If he is the Lord, giving him the Devil's deal will be rather productive, I think. At the very least, there's not much else we could do aside from lynching him.

As for conversions, it's not so much that I'm convinced he's not, as that there's no point in asking him to kill Native, since the only way Native can be the Lord is if Max is already a Slave. If you mean "Why do you trust him with the kill," there's not really a lot of options.

I'll go ahead and Unshorten, though. I don't really care about Solifuge the Clown, but I might want to think about our current setup some more.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: September 19, 2011, 04:09:32 pm »

Max:  Why so willing to shoot someone you think isn't the lord?
Because it makes for a great test to see who is the lord. It is a way to know without shooting a townie.

Sounds good.  Toaster.  Should I offer you the kill if Toaster doesn't flip Lord, too?
Yea, you pretty much won this.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: September 19, 2011, 04:31:37 pm »

Solifgue:
I don't like you both bashing logic and reasoning. I don't like you both trying to rush the day. I don't like you both pushing to both lynch a guard, and then kill off 4 players tonight (including Max, who is key in scanning for the Vampire Lord), especially when that could lead to a Scum Victory.

But most of all, I really don't like this buddy-buddy thing the two of you have had lately. You're practically locked in an ouroboros circle-jerk, leaping to eachothers aid, and bashing anyone who speaks differently. One of you is leading the other on; given skill level and past performance, Irony is too good to fall into the buddying trap, while I'm sorry to say that Max is not.
I don't like you ignoring everything you don't like and making terrible, terrible arguments that you then can't back up. But most of all, I really don't like you making vague emotional appeals about how everyone's being sheep and anyone who calls you on your bullshit is wantonly bashing you for no good reason.

I've been backing my arguments up since I started making them, whether it's with a suspicions based on behavior, action history, or immutable facts. The fact that you are turning a blind eye to every bit of support I've given is evidence of YOU doing the very thing you claim I am. You're assuming people are lying, while given no reason to suspect they are... but you have to believe they are lying in order for your shit theory to work, so you do.

Irony, Toaster is not guaranteed to not be Scum, but I know for a fact that there's a damned Guard, and I'm not going to let you deny that when you have no reason to suspect that there isn't, save for some baseless personal assertion that you just MUST believe to be true. Lately, you've been countering sensible arguments with Assumed Personal Authority alone, as badly as Jim was doing yesterday. You're trying to make facts fit your preconceptions, at the cost of every other possibility. You're not being logical, you're being dogmatic.
The irony in you calling me on this shit is hilarious.

You're convinced Toaster is a Guard. It's a fact! An ironclad, immutable fact! How do we know this?

You and a bunch of dead scum can confirm it.

Awesome. That's just what we need- Solifuge's personal word. I mean, anyone who'd call you a liar, for any reason, has clearly thrown logic out the window and resorted to a dogmatic mantra.

You have no reason to believe there isn't a guard, but a baseless idea that you Just Don't want to believe my claim... namely because the only way your crackpot theory makes sense is if Toaster and I are scumbuddies, and everyone who ever claimed being Guarded was scum. What immutable fact is keeping you from considering that the people who were locked up by a Guard either aren't Cult (Me), or weren't Cult yet (Jim)? I see nothing that suggests that, and instead I know for a fact that I was locked up.

Look at Toaster's behavior; none of it is the behavior of a Vampire Lord. He reveled the presence of Cult on Day 2 by killing a teammate. He may be Scum now, but assuming that he's the Lord requires too many leaps of logic; he would have had to convert a Guard on D1, and then decided to publicly claim D2, and do so in order to kill a Vamp.Slave and reveal that the Scumteam was a Cult. You know, as well as I, that Toaster is a more canny player than that, and wouldn't shoot himself in the foot, and give up the advantage of secrecy... especially that early in the game.

Remind me again- who was it who helped lynch Jim because of a safe fakeclaim? You. Who was it who started calling out Leaf as "clearly the Vamp Lord?" You. And who was it who considers me damned likely as the Lord, despite a web of confirmation involving said Devil, who you've evidently given up on? That's right, you, the same person who's now shocked and appalled that anyone could disbelieve someone else's roleclaim.

Irony, I can't change your mind, but I can point out how you're ignoring and re-imagining the facts to fit your little theory. I put myself way on the line to get Jim lynched, and by your theory would have had to be Scum by then. Jim is a WAY better player than I, and one I wouldn't want to lose on the Scumteam. Especially when there was no reason to do so. I fought him tooth and nail, with legitimate arguments, not bussing.

Lynch and Non-Lynch Votes, in order cast, sorted by day:
Alright. I admit I found this interesting. Notably, it's confirmed to me that Bdthemag really needs to die; but he's going to anyway, so that's not really news.

It still suffers from a boatload of problems, of course, but it's interesting nonetheless.

If you're going to sling shit, don't take potshots from the fringe. You referenced this in your above arguments, yet you're trying to discredit me with it. Explain what "Boatload of Problems" there are, or is this just passive hostility?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 04:33:08 pm by Solifuge »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: September 19, 2011, 04:45:22 pm »

Because it makes for a great test to see who is the lord. It is a way to know without shooting a townie.

Sounds good.  Toaster.  Should I offer you the kill if Toaster doesn't flip Lord, too?
Yea, you pretty much won this.

Toaster may be Scum, but there is a damned guard out there. I can't prevent a Toaster lynch to let him prove it to anyone, or apparently convince Max to wait and scan him to check, and I recognize that time is running out... but Max, if Leafsnail offers you the kill, DO NOT accept it. Especially if Toaster doesn't flip Scum or Vamp.Lord:

We need you to stick around and scan one of our Lord suspects, like Bd or Irony. Losing 4 unconfirmed players this close to LYLO is stupid, risky, and needless. Given that known Scum (Jim) have openly supported the Devil Deal in the past, it means they want it to happen, and have something significant to gain from it. It was a bad idea when we had 8 Non-Scum. It's worse now that we only have 7, and 3 cultists. If Toaster flips Town Guard, we'll have 4 Scum tomorrow, and 6 Non-Scum, or Mislynch and lose.

If you take the Devil Deal, odds are it'll put us at 3-4 Scum and 3-4 Not-Scum. LYLO or instant loss.

Anyway, BDthemag. Lurker, past waffling D2-4, a suspect falseclaim, and one of few remaining potential Lords, who isn't untouchable.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: September 19, 2011, 04:48:45 pm »

This is what was edited:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Became:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyway, I'm in a hurry, and wont be back until tonight. Reiterating my Extend, so we can get some people other than Max and Irony in here.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: September 19, 2011, 04:51:31 pm »

If Toaster isn't the lord, who does that leave to scan?
Solifuge = Priest or sneeky SK
Toaster = Lynched
MBP = Scaned and killed
IronyOwl = Exposed from MBP death
Leafsnail = Devil
JoshuaFH = Preist
Bdthemag = Goes to hell
CrownOfFire = Goes to hell
NativeForeigner = Scanned

Nobody left. Everybody strongly confirmed.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #968 on: September 19, 2011, 05:05:38 pm »

Looks like we've just won the game, eh?

Shorten.

See you in Hell, Max, Bd, and Leaf!

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: September 19, 2011, 05:10:15 pm »

Oppose Shorten.

I think Solifuge might have a point, losing this many players with no good idea of whether or not we'd be getting rid of scum or losing town just seems like a bad idea.

Irony and Max seem way too eager to lower the numbers. I'm not necessarily against a Toaster lynch, I don't have a solid opinion on that yet, but I am against potentially sending town's chance to win to hell.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: September 19, 2011, 05:23:07 pm »

It is one thing to say you don't want to lower the numbers, it is another to say why.
I'm lowering the numbers to pretty much nuke all scum, who are you opposed to it?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: September 19, 2011, 05:59:04 pm »

I'll Extend for another look at combo possibilities. Also, Toaster was in here, he just didn't have much to say.

Solifuge:
I've been backing my arguments up since I started making them, whether it's with a suspicions based on behavior, action history, or immutable facts. The fact that you are turning a blind eye to every bit of support I've given is evidence of YOU doing the very thing you claim I am. You're assuming people are lying, while given no reason to suspect they are... but you have to believe they are lying in order for your shit theory to work, so you do.
The support you've given is shit, and you've done nothing to reinforce it once proven as such. Your grand theory that Leaf is clearly the Vampire Lord? Others and I pointed out numerous times that it was completely stupid, and you had absolutely nothing to say in response that was relevant. No response to how a Devil could not possibly be considered a Survivor, why a Devil being convertible is highly dubious, why SK conversions last game don't automatically mean Devil conversions this one.

Your repeated insistence that you and Toaster must be Town? No reaction to how bussing early makes perfect sense this game, or why your WIFOM is better than WIFOM any other game, other than vague assertions of "doing it all game" and "doing it too aggressively." So I guess I mean no reaction to why tapping scumpartners or bussing convincingly is verifiable proof of Towniness.

That Toaster must be a Guard? No rebuttal to why anyone except you should believe there's a Guard at all.

In fact, in this very quote, you're bashing me for "assuming people are lying, while given no reason to suspect they are," while still having no response to how this is worse than the bullshit you were pulling much, much earlier. You mention it later, but you don't actually address it save for the same scummy bullshit you've been pulling all game- vague dismissals and ad hominem attacks.

So I'll ask you AGAIN: What reason did you have to believe Jim was lying? Bdthemag? Leafsnail? Me? Oh, well, you know, easy falseclaims and scumpartners covering for them. What reason do I have to believe you and Toaster are lying? None at all, obviously, because I have no reasons to think you're lying, just easy falseclaims and scumpartners covering for them.

You have no reason to believe there isn't a guard, but a baseless idea that you Just Don't want to believe my claim... namely because the only way your crackpot theory makes sense is if Toaster and I are scumbuddies, and everyone who ever claimed being Guarded was scum. What immutable fact is keeping you from considering that the people who were locked up by a Guard either aren't Cult (Me), or weren't Cult yet (Jim)? I see nothing that suggests that, and instead I know for a fact that I was locked up.
Once again, you give no reason why this isn't a valid line of reasoning, or at least as valid as any of your theories regarding who's the Lord and why.

You also ignore the very convenient fact that everyone who's been guarded HAS been scum, excepting you, who he's supposedly been guarding ever since. For my crackpot theory to work, I have to assume scum converted the confirmed-Town, still-has-a-rez priest. Wow, that is totally unreasonable!

Finally, that's great. Awesome. You are convinced that you were guarded. And this means fuck-all to the rest of us because? Go on, tell me why I or anyone else should give a rat's ass that Solifuge assures us something happened. Or better yet, tell me what makes you so special, and/or why it's stupid to suspect that people might be lying in a mafia game with a cult.

Look at Toaster's behavior; none of it is the behavior of a Vampire Lord. He reveled the presence of Cult on Day 2 by killing a teammate. He may be Scum now, but assuming that he's the Lord requires too many leaps of logic; he would have had to convert a Guard on D1, and then decided to publicly claim D2, and do so in order to kill a Vamp.Slave and reveal that the Scumteam was a Cult. You know, as well as I, that Toaster is a more canny player than that, and wouldn't shoot himself in the foot, and give up the advantage of secrecy... especially that early in the game.
This is another prime example of ignoring things you don't like. I already explained why Toaster's behavior makes perfect sense as a Vamp Lord, and you had no interest in addressing it.

It's also a perfect example of dismissing things as too unlikely while espousing your own theories which are considerably worse. I'm one of your top two suspects for Vamp Lord, despite that requiring both a very specific string of conversions and Leafsnail lying to cover my ass indirectly. Please, explain to us all how this is more likely than "Toaster converted the Priest and has been fakeclaiming as a Guard."

Irony, I can't change your mind, but I can point out how you're ignoring and re-imagining the facts to fit your little theory. I put myself way on the line to get Jim lynched, and by your theory would have had to be Scum by then. Jim is a WAY better player than I, and one I wouldn't want to lose on the Scumteam. Especially when there was no reason to do so. I fought him tooth and nail, with legitimate arguments, not bussing.
First of all, you didn't "put yourself on the line" to lynch Jim. You spearheaded the efforts to not lynch Azure, but this was not "Solifuge risks being killed and his Vamp Lord revealed if he doesn't take down Jim." This was "Solifuge points out problems, bandwagon shifts to Jim." It wouldn't even surprise me if you hadn't thought lynching Jim would work, but it did anyway.

Secondly, I'm not sure you understand the purpose of bussing. It's not to kill a teammate in a scummy fashion. It's to kill a teammate in such a way that you look Town. Unless you can provide a VERY good reason why scum wouldn't or couldn't do that, the best you can say is that you're less likely to be scum.

Third, this has absolutely nothing to do with your original argument. You said I had no reason at all for this- now it seems I have a reason, but it's invalid because you're confirmed Town for bussing Jim. Not only is that not the same thing, it's kind of the sort of thing you'd want to explain in the first place. Why didn't you?

If you're going to sling shit, don't take potshots from the fringe. You referenced this in your above arguments, yet you're trying to discredit me with it. Explain what "Boatload of Problems" there are, or is this just passive hostility?
Off the top of my head:

-The distinction between votes on who was ultimately lynched and who wasn't. It's easy enough to read both regardless, but I consider that a marginally useful distinction at best.

-The selective vote history. You sometimes mention when someone switched their vote, but only when you deemed it bandwagony and only when it was their final switch of the day.

-The lack of other history; when they started attacking someone and for what reasons, etc. Again, mentioned in rare cases.

-In tying in with my first point, the Day 5 considerations, and accompanying insinuation that those voting scum at the end of the day probably aren't/weren't scum themselves, and possibly vice versa.

-Calling former players by their replace name, which, while sharing roles, aren't the same person.

-Your ending suspicions, which have relatively little to do with your list; you suspect both partially for vote-related reasons, but largely things that aren't really mentioned in your list.

-Your suspicion of me for Pandar not voting while he was in need of a replace.

-Your suspicion of me for various bullshit accusations that you refuse to explain ("dogma," "active players," "personal authority," etc).

Most of it stems from your intended/current use rather than factual errors, but it's nonetheless not the ultimate tool for finding scum.

Max:
I don't follow.

NINJA'D:

Crown, stop that.

Oppose Shorten.

I think Solifuge might have a point, losing this many players with no good idea of whether or not we'd be getting rid of scum or losing town just seems like a bad idea.

Irony and Max seem way too eager to lower the numbers. I'm not necessarily against a Toaster lynch, I don't have a solid opinion on that yet, but I am against potentially sending town's chance to win to hell.
Do you have an opinion on anything? Day's kind of ending here, man.

What would you say to you accepting the kill and offing Solifuge instead?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: September 19, 2011, 06:04:57 pm »

Let's say by some twist of the game you were the lord, and MBP was a vampire doctor, then by having MBP flip as such, we would know you were in fact scum. I seriously doubt the vampire lord would be given a angel to look after him, so if MBP flips angel, that clears you, otherwise that condemns you.
A way to test your aliment using a third party role instead of a townie.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: September 19, 2011, 06:10:56 pm »

It does really depend on Toaster flip. In my case, my wincon is for irony to live, If you have no better target you can target me.

I keep my waryness of Soli, but ill switch to Toaster, in case a vote swing happen. Toasty as to go.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: September 19, 2011, 06:13:30 pm »

Soli was revived n1 anyway, as much as I think he is scum, he can't be the lord.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 70