Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Geiger Counter  (Read 7129 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Geiger Counter
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2011, 05:45:09 pm »

Good idea, we should use the thread to do some of the brainstorming parts of the game. For those who haven't read through the manual yet, each turn will be controlled by the "director". The director will be changed every turn, in a pre-determined order. They decide what characters are going to be in what location in that scene, but the director can't choose their own character of course. It pretty much is then based off the directors imagination, along with the other player's input.

Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2011, 05:49:55 pm »

Good idea, we should use the thread to do some of the brainstorming parts of the game. For those who haven't read through the manual yet, each turn will be controlled by the "director". The director will be changed every turn, in a pre-determined order. They decide what characters are going to be in what location in that scene, but the director can't choose their own character of course. It pretty much is then based off the directors imagination, along with the other player's input.
But then how do we control our characters? How can we call them "Ours" if we cannot do anything with them? Also, where will the full game be hosted.

I imagine that the Horror Movie would have to be pretty damn high budget to be able to afford a believable outer-space theme. Also, nothing too fancy, like Incenteration Beams or Phaser Guns. Those are Overdone/Cliched to death.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2011, 05:52:29 pm »

But then how do we control our characters? How can we call them "Ours" if we cannot do anything with them? Also, where will the full game be hosted.

I imagine that the Horror Movie would have to be pretty damn high budget to be able to afford a believable outer-space theme. Also, nothing too fancy, like Incenteration Beams or Phaser Guns. Those are Overdone/Cliched to death.
I haven't really read the manual in detail yet, just the basics. But from what I read you still control your character's, the director just chooses what minor characters and major characters will be in the scene, along with where they are. The Director control's the minor characters, and the player's control their characters.

And yeah, no lazer guns!
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2011, 05:57:56 pm »

I am pretty sure we are done with most of the setting for now. Can't think of anything rigth now that will not come in at a later stage.

So unless anyone has anything else to contribute, it will be time to move onto the next stage of devlopment!
The Map.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2011, 06:03:10 pm »

Yup, we don't need anything fancy. I'll give the beta version of it a shot, but it would be awesome if a few of the player's also made a map. We can vote on which one we like best.

It has to have around 10 room's, and has to follow the rules in the manual.

I was actually thinking that the Overun position (Which is a position that if the Menace overruns it, it provides a bonus to the menace.), would be the Generator Room. When its destroyed then all of the lights go out, and the menace becomes more stealthy.

EDIT: Reading through the manual again I just wanted to state the Director doesn't really decide where the character's are going. The player's say thing's like "My character is going to X" and the director can choose to create a scene from that.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 06:10:12 pm by Bdthemag »
Welcome to Reality.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2011, 06:20:22 pm »

Basically, I think, the setting should be pretty normal. Only unrealistic thing is economical spaceships. Another good overrun position might be one could be the security room. If it gets a hold of that then it would be hard to get weapons because it's hiding there.

Anyway, I think the map should be in a ring fashion, with the main shopping center being just one room with all the little stores being part of it.

In my opinion, the best weapons are the security weapons but they require good training to go along with it. The second best would be sports items (Bats, golf clubs, BB guns) and maintenance tools (Wrenches, crowbars, emergency oxygen tanks). A good advantage would be "Knows how to operate security weapons"

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2011, 06:22:59 pm »

Yeah, but its way more fun to make a weak character and try to survive. The game will probally go for one session since its a pickup and play game, then we'll see if anyone wants to do it again with a different setting.
Welcome to Reality.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2011, 06:33:30 pm »

Well, the point is is that every character has an advantage. It's a mechanic. A weak character can be weak in all other aspects, but have one thing that makes them a bit more likely to survive. But anyway, yes. I would like to build up a gaming group so that we can have fun many times, but if it doesn't go down well, that's that.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2011, 06:57:33 pm »

I'm In
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2011, 07:05:28 pm »

I'm In
Im not sure if you read the thread, but we're full.
Welcome to Reality.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2011, 07:06:08 pm »

Alright, I think we have about three other people... Furtuka or Stabby is sort of hard to guess, though, along with newsmuffin. I am not sure if they have decided properly yet.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2011, 07:08:08 pm »

I prefer to play games with people I know will generally be good people to play with. So Newsmuffin is in, Johnfalcon is in, and im debating if we should add in Furtuka or Stabby.

I prefer player's who know how to tell a story, no offense to you Stabby.
Welcome to Reality.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2011, 07:10:55 pm »

Hm. Furtuka is a pretty cool guy.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2011, 07:11:58 pm »

Hm. Furtuka is a pretty cool guy.
He roleplay's in the forums and doesn't afraid of anything.

Stabby on the other hand, i've only seen him in the LCS forums.
Welcome to Reality.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2011, 07:12:52 pm »

And that's two Pretty Cool Guy jokes I have made so far. Well, one and a half.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6