Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929288 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #360 on: September 20, 2011, 06:55:47 pm »

a god game.
but one where you are a god and can do everything you want in the entire world.
like beginning you and the world in the start, and the solar system, then time passes and you create races, then it passes more yet and you can decide how the planet is, looks, or what grows on it, then if life gets to form, then if those who are formed are intelligent and how much, if they venerate you or not, then you can also decide to play as one of them and live a life, with everything possible to happen.
and then, if you want, you can go around all god-like doing whatever you want and people will worship you all around.
and maybe create a galaxy, or similar...man...what a huge game it would be...like 90 gigabytes and growing...
I know this is 25 pages later but...

I OFFICIALLY APPROVE. I'd make a earth like planet, but with 75% land and 25% freshwater. Then I'd make about 1k zombies, and become the leader. I'd call down lighting strike, and wreak general chaos. When I'd inevitably get airstriked, I'd take the role of the human leader and FIST FIGHT ALL THE ZOMBIES with my FALCON PUNCHES.

lolirproamirite?

Endymion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 20, 2011, 06:59:18 pm »

Okay, so there is this genre of tactical rpg that has been around for awhile. Fire emblem, Tactics Ogre, Wesnoth, those sorts of games. Well I've always wanted that genre to be taken forward in time either to a dystopian *punk setting or into a spaceship-battling setting, but only so as to enable to following mechanic.

I want to be able to manage characters on the ships (or vehicles or whatever) with a concept of these characters being 'hero' type individuals that are better than the default crew and gain skills/perks and stats as they experience. (Based on what they experience-- I.E. a gunner who fires at an enemy and accidentally hits a nearby friendly instead might get a perk that lowers friendly fire chances but makes them take slightly longer to aim when friendlies are near the target. A character who successfully gets to the escape pods in time when their ship is blowing up will familiarize themselves with the escape routes of every ship they get onto thereafter.) The idea would also be that these characters arn't set a roll(Gunner, pilot, engineer, etc), but rather can fill in for any available roll on the given ships(Of which there are far more than characters, unfilled ones get filled by 'generics' that function about the same as a low level character that has average applicable stats ).

I also want it to have a rag-tag and frantic sort of feel to it-- like a rebellious group rising up or something like that. Such that ships get modified as the campaign goes on based on the characters assigned and the things happening to a ship. (Like if a ship keeps taking a heavy beating every combat and has a particularly smart and innovative engineer, he might rig up stronger armor or repair nanobots or something like that on the ship. If a ship is in the habit of moving a long distance during combat a lot, faster engines or bigger fuel tanks might be rigged up.) Finally, add in a real sense of time between missions by making it mean something: If two missions are close together time-wise, perhaps the ships that took damage won't be fully prepared, or even reloaded. Give the player some control over this though, allowing them to delay some missions or such, though always with the knowledge that time is not on their side.

All in all this idea appeals to me mostly out of the desire to manage a large group of unique growing characters, which is something I haven't been able to find done very often.
Watching Wizard of Oz while listening to Dark Side of the Moon on shuffle.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 20, 2011, 10:33:18 pm »

I want a 2 player time traveling verus game. Each player gets their own round where they can mess with the enviornment anyway they want, lay traps, hire people to try to kill the other player, etc. Then the other player has to go back in time and try to remove as many of these traps as possible in a limited amount of time. Once the time is up that player has to walk through the map and try not to die.

Hell I just want a good time traveling game.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 23, 2011, 11:47:47 am »

A zombie game.
3D, survival/action, sandbox, lots of craftable things (traps, food, weapons, armor, buildings)

That's all I want.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 23, 2011, 11:58:00 am »

A 3d space battle game. Like Starwars Battlefront, but like a normal space trading/pirating game.

Imagine Aurora, but only as the captain. You could go off and fire turrets, fire an escape pod into the enemy's hull (And probably get shot into the void of space where you will die of a lack of oxygen. See: Carbon Dioxide poisoning). Become a privateer, a pirate, a merc, a merchant, whatever. Blow up life support, whole enemy crew needs suits and such, or will die a horrible death. Blow up comms, they can't call for help. Blow up the fuel... boom.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 23, 2011, 12:00:43 pm »

A 3d space battle game. Like Starwars Battlefront, but like a normal space trading/pirating game.

Imagine Aurora, but only as the captain. You could go off and fire turrets, fire an escape pod into the enemy's hull (And probably get shot into the void of space where you will die of a lack of oxygen. See: Carbon Dioxide poisoning). Become a privateer, a pirate, a merc, a merchant, whatever. Blow up life support, whole enemy crew needs suits and such, or will die a horrible death. Blow up comms, they can't call for help. Blow up the fuel... boom.

I wish there was a game like that. There is a plenty of games like that but you mostly just
1. Kill stuff to get money
2. Use money to trade and get more money
3. Spend money to get better equipment
4. Repeat
But playing as only the captain? That would be great.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 23, 2011, 12:01:09 pm »

I'd kill for a nethack style game done as a first person shooter.    So far I've only ever seen one, but I want more.

Even better if it had permadeath and and a bones file.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 23, 2011, 12:01:56 pm »

I'd kill for a nethack style game done as a first person shooter. So far I've only ever seen one,
What's that?

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 23, 2011, 12:03:17 pm »

I'd kill for a nethack style game done as a first person shooter. So far I've only ever seen one,
What's that?

Well, Hellgate: London was sort of like this, but it had lots of other issues.

I'd like the challenge and randomness of a nethack style game where you slowly learn how to survive different situations, but also with the skill based play of a FPS.  I could honestly see myself playing such a game for a very long time.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 12:06:12 pm by Levi »

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 23, 2011, 12:16:54 pm »

I'd like the challenge and randomness of a nethack style game where you slowly learn how to survive different situations, but also with the skill based play of a FPS.  I could honestly see myself playing such a game for a very long time.

Borderlands was supposed to be like that: dynamic terrain and all that.  But it obviously lacked it.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 23, 2011, 12:18:16 pm »

Borderlands was supposed to be like that: dynamic terrain and all that.  But it obviously lacked it.

Yeah borderlands had parts that were close, but not quite the complete thing.  I'm sure someone will make one someday, I just got to keep waiting for it.  :)

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 23, 2011, 12:33:16 pm »

Yeah borderlands had parts that were close, but not quite the complete thing.  I'm sure someone will make one someday, I just got to keep waiting for it.  :)

You can pretend with Global Agenda and Darkspore, simply due to the sheer volume of unique maps made using a smaller number of unique rooms, as well as the random population of enemies within.

(Darkspore less so on the random monsters bit, by being completely deterministic)

chewie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 24, 2011, 01:39:00 pm »

I always wanted a game where one person is playing an RTS, whereas everyone else plays said units in an rts.

I know this exists (Savage or somethign like that?) but I'd rather seen it done better. I'm thinking something more like DOW, with squads and such. It'd require people to work together and actually listen to objectives and such, but I think it could work. I'd make it so that there is a strong reward for obeying objectives expediently, probably unlocks and stuff like that.

Maybe Nuclear Dawn? RPS Review

Though for most players the game is a simple FPS, for one player on each side, the Commander, the game is a top-down RTS. The Commander is chosen at the beginning of the match, from any volunteers, and he/she then goes and sits in the command bunker for the rest of the game. The two factions, Empire and Consortium, are ever so slightly different, but the Commander’s role in each is simple; to build a base slowly across the map to support his team. The team’s job is to get the resources to let him do that.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 24, 2011, 02:09:07 pm »

I had a dream of a game which was partially a mario-party style thing but more like that game where everyone is a giant monster. Everyone was a giant monster, but instead of random mayhem it was an open-world style game where there was some kind of arch-enemy with numerous outposts across the world. You didn't have to all work together to attack one thing at once and it was just some kind of world-spanning conflict. I was some kind of cross between Donkey Kong and King Kong attacking outposts on a forest/jungle island doing things like picking up trees and using them to smash artillery.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 24, 2011, 05:10:52 pm »

I always wanted a game where one person is playing an RTS, whereas everyone else plays said units in an rts.

I know this exists (Savage or somethign like that?) but I'd rather seen it done better. I'm thinking something more like DOW, with squads and such. It'd require people to work together and actually listen to objectives and such, but I think it could work. I'd make it so that there is a strong reward for obeying objectives expediently, probably unlocks and stuff like that.

Maybe Nuclear Dawn? RPS Review

Though for most players the game is a simple FPS, for one player on each side, the Commander, the game is a top-down RTS. The Commander is chosen at the beginning of the match, from any volunteers, and he/she then goes and sits in the command bunker for the rest of the game. The two factions, Empire and Consortium, are ever so slightly different, but the Commander’s role in each is simple; to build a base slowly across the map to support his team. The team’s job is to get the resources to let him do that.

I just saw that the other day.... That's kind of perfect, I'll have to give it a try!
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 577