Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929511 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #420 on: October 14, 2011, 03:18:42 pm »

I wish for a MMORPG set in the Mass Effect universe. The two main factions would be Council Space and the Terminus Systems, but any playable species can join either (or some other) faction. The classes are pre-defined, and any player species can become any class, but each species has strengths and weaknesses.

Human: General jack-of-all-trades.
Asari: High biotic potential.
Turian: Skilled soldiers and leaders.
Salarian: Tend towards finesse rather than firepower or strength.
Krogan: Raw power and toughness.
Quarian: High shield strength, tech experts.
Batarian: Shrewd and sneaky.

There would be nothing stopping a quarian from becoming a berserker, or a krogan becoming a healing class, though they might not be as effective at those jobs as other races. Roleplay would be the key here.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 14, 2011, 04:17:37 pm »

I wish for a MMORPG set in the Mass Effect universe. The two main factions would be Council Space and the Terminus Systems, but any playable species can join either (or some other) faction. The classes are pre-defined, and any player species can become any class, but each species has strengths and weaknesses.

There would be nothing stopping a quarian from becoming a berserker, or a krogan becoming a healing class, though they might not be as effective at those jobs as other races. Roleplay would be the key here.
I think it would be best done by having different starting areas and factions for each species. Krogan would be based on Tushanka, and often be on ships with primarily krogan crews, but others might become mercenaries and fight for random factions. There'd be multiracial crews on Council, or whatever its called, vessels, mostly human crews on alliance vessels, etc.
That way you'd both foster a sense of camaraderie better than "everyone v. reapers" while making it not be totally unthinkable to have a krogan healer or brute salarian.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 14, 2011, 05:19:25 pm »

I think it would be best done by having different starting areas and factions for each species. Krogan would be based on Tushanka, and often be on ships with primarily krogan crews, but others might become mercenaries and fight for random factions. There'd be multiracial crews on Council, or whatever its called, vessels, mostly human crews on alliance vessels, etc.
That way you'd both foster a sense of camaraderie better than "everyone v. reapers" while making it not be totally unthinkable to have a krogan healer or brute salarian.
I agree that each race should have a sort of starting area and questline. Say, humans have received their first assignments in the Alliance military, quarians could be on their Pilgrimage, that sort of thing. And some players may choose to stick with their own species.
Keep in mind however, that people in the ME universe can and will work together with other species. Krogan, of course, hire themselves out as mercenaries, but that isn't the only way they explore the galaxy. Criminal gangs in particular tend to be multi-racial.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #423 on: October 15, 2011, 02:23:39 pm »

I want a FPS with character building where the point of the game isnt just how many aliens you can gun down as you claim victory. 

It would have "defense missions" where your goal is to hold a position long enough for civilians to evacuate or "evasion missions" where your goal is to flee an overwhelming force. In between there would be cutscenes and rpg interactions where you get to know your squad, you can comfort them, share stories and inspire each other. The game tries to figure out which of your squad mates you like the most, and then tries to kill them. If they die, the game goes on, if they don't someone else dies and the game gets harder. Even the players character isn't immune. When you die in the game you have the option of continuing the story from the perspective of one of the other squad members. The final mission in the game is a fight against insurmountable odds where you make the enemy pay for every inch in blood, but ultimately you are still defeated.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 15, 2011, 05:53:58 pm »

A game that I made that doesn't suck.

Currently I was thinking of either a Point and Click adventure that mixes Forensics and Spiritual detective work where you play two characters, both whom have their own methods of investigation. One has an eye for detail and can pick up strange objects in a room, the other with an empathic eye who can pick out everyday objects that are somehow important.

The other was a game where you are a trainer of heros blessed by the gods with immortality. It was going to borrow ideas from Valkyria Profile where you can be supported after your hero leaves with their deeds.

But alas... stupid programming ability and art ability requirements as well as the ability to write stories well.

Where is Talent Juice when you need it?

MrFastZombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 20, 2011, 09:23:24 pm »

It was being developed and exist but was canceled: SimVille.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 21, 2011, 05:54:15 am »

I remeber that! The screenshots looked awesome, it was like simTown meets the Sims. So sad.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 21, 2011, 02:46:33 pm »

A game I wish existed?

One with the general idea as Spore, but with the detail (But less micromanaging) of Dwarf Fortress.  Preferably with some fair graphics as well, so we can actually SEE what our creatures look like.

The game would focus more on science and realism than "Cute and Cuddly" pieces of crap running around dancing and singing, of course.

*Sigh* If only..
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

Kaleb702 Games

• Bay Watcher
  • nearlyNonexistent
    • View Profile
    • My YYG Account
« Reply #428 on: October 21, 2011, 04:03:38 pm »

A game I wish existed?

One with the general idea as Spore, but with the detail (But less micromanaging) of Dwarf Fortress.  Preferably with some fair graphics as well, so we can actually SEE what our creatures look like.

The game would focus more on science and realism than "Cute and Cuddly" pieces of crap running around dancing and singing, of course.

*Sigh* If only..
Yesssssss. That would be awesome.

Mario Kart - Mario + Pirates.

Or...
Powder Toy + PERFECT realism, exceptions being the made-up elements + 3D.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 04:05:48 pm by Kaleb702 Games »
Quote from: Rose Lalonde, Seer of Light
One simple word can so easily begin a story in a very thick book.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 21, 2011, 04:55:38 pm »

A game I wish existed?

*Sigh* If only..

It may not be as far off as you think.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 21, 2011, 06:14:40 pm »

A game I wish existed?

*Sigh* If only..

It's the second time I see a link to this. Honestly, I haven't managed to get past the page look yet. Too much things moving, colors are too bright. I just can't get myself to read anything there  :-\

And yeah, Spore + Dwarf Fortress.

Also, I would like to see a game similar to Paradox Interactives' games (EU3, HoI, Victoria), but set in a fantasy, randomly generated world.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 21, 2011, 07:36:00 pm »

A game I wish existed?

*Sigh* If only..

Where do I download?  :D

Kaleb702 Games

• Bay Watcher
  • nearlyNonexistent
    • View Profile
    • My YYG Account
« Reply #432 on: October 21, 2011, 09:16:30 pm »

A game I wish existed?

*Sigh* If only..

Where do I download?  :D

It's in Development Hell.
It's not done. I doubt it ever will be...
Quote from: Rose Lalonde, Seer of Light
One simple word can so easily begin a story in a very thick book.

Bloxace

• Bay Watcher
  • You must dig deeper!
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 21, 2011, 11:00:28 pm »

I do want that game. Sounds like the ultimate step up from spore.
...Said Bloxace.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 22, 2011, 07:14:46 am »

Thrive sounds like its gonna be an amazing game if they ever get it finished.. I Just hope they don't go the Spore route and scrap EVERYTHING THAT WAS GOOD before the game gets released.  Spore was a HUGE disappointment.  Even a 5 year old would get bored with it relatively fast.

Thanks for showing me to Thrive though, I'm gonna keep an eye on this thing, see if I can find a way to support it. 
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 577