Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929444 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #540 on: November 07, 2011, 06:04:55 pm »

I want a American Politics simulator. Choose your party, and attempt to become president starting only as a lowly candidate for your local town's mayor. The game would make fun of all parties, and it would be very hard to get far in the game playing honestly. You'll have to do things like smear campaigns to make your rivals look worse than you are.

Hardcore mode for the game would be trying to get elected when your apart of the communist party :P
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: November 07, 2011, 06:20:15 pm »

I want a American Politics simulator. Choose your party, and attempt to become president starting only as a lowly candidate for your local town's mayor. The game would make fun of all parties, and it would be very hard to get far in the game playing honestly. You'll have to do things like smear campaigns to make your rivals look worse than you are.

Hardcore mode for the game would be trying to get elected when your apart of the communist party :P

What, haven't played Democracy or the Redistricting Game?

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: November 07, 2011, 07:19:02 pm »

Sorry to derail your derail, but...

A Harvest Moon-style game as directed by Hideo Kojima.  That's honestly the thing I think I'd most enjoy playing.

If there's not at least one opportunity to sneak into someone else's hen coop at night and steal the ever-loving bejeezus out of their (potentially robotic) livestock, it's just not good enough :I
*Horrible flashbacks to first harvest moon experiance*
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: November 07, 2011, 08:35:23 pm »

I noticed that many people have been looking for an x-com like game, yet no one mentioned Ufo: Alien Invasion. Not a sequel nor a remake, but a very hard-science game in the same genre.

For the tank game, I looked around the Rigs of Rods community, and it is vehemently opposed to the engine being used for war games.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: November 07, 2011, 08:39:41 pm »

What, haven't played Democracy or the Redistricting Game?
Well, I meant something more along the lines of a political satire. Like how the Liberal Crime Squad is.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: November 08, 2011, 02:34:25 pm »

Sim Copter 2 needs to exist. That game was so fun.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: November 08, 2011, 02:54:51 pm »

theres Take On Helicopters (http://store.steampowered.com/app/65730/?snr=1_5_9__13), a new release from Bohemia Interactive. Seems to be inspired by Sim Copter atleast.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: November 08, 2011, 03:01:09 pm »

Yeah I've seen that one, it's more like Arma than anything else. And the general opinion seems to be that it's not very fun.

Kastrol Aslaasri

• Bay Watcher
  • Endut! Hoch Hech!
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: November 20, 2011, 10:53:32 am »

I will like to play a game based on Mordheim (tabletop game from Warhammer).
She was also sad that her father's corpse was rotting in his bedroom, but that's a minor inconvenience.
I love this game so much.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: November 20, 2011, 01:45:58 pm »

Take on Helicopters is fun, but it's much more sim oriented than Sim Copter, which I spent 50+ hours in.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #550 on: November 24, 2011, 10:47:22 am »

getting taken by The powder game, i ended up looking at the vines, yeasts, and so on...

now i want a game with physics and tinkering like the powder game, mixed in with the possibility to grow life from the cells to the end...yeah...
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: November 25, 2011, 12:01:25 pm »

I want to play Morrowind with the graphics, combat system and the AI of Skyrim.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: November 25, 2011, 12:08:02 pm »

I want a first person shooter:

- With low lethality, like in TF2
- Variety of game modes
- Lots of options in equipment loadouts for variety in play.
- No leveling/inventory/upgrade system.  Everybody always has the same options as everyone else.
- A starcraft II style ranking system/lobby, as well as normal matchmaking/dedicated servers.
- Designed for lower-end machines to help keep a consistent framerate/response time.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: November 25, 2011, 01:32:09 pm »

- Variety of game modes
- No leveling/inventory/upgrade system.  Everybody always has the same options as everyone else.
- A starcraft II style ranking system/lobby, as well as normal matchmaking/dedicated servers.
- Designed for lower-end machines to help keep a consistent framerate/response time.

So...you want Team Fortress 2: The original.  Plus a matchmaking system.

And not this dumb Hat Fortress 2 shit we have now.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: November 25, 2011, 01:32:54 pm »

- Variety of game modes

So...you want Team Fortress 2: The original.  Plus a matchmaking system.

And not this dumb Hat Fortress 2 shit we have now.

Yes.  :(
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 577