Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926799 times)

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #1215 on: July 24, 2012, 08:57:58 am »

My post got eaten by "router?  you have a router?" just before leaving for work

EDIT: And isn't Magic that game where it's much easier to do infinite damage than to do a fixed, very large number?

Yes, yes it is.

The combo in question essentially throws stuff onto the stack, then while it's resolving, doubles the amount of stuff on the stack.  Repeatedly.

It is an infinite combo limited by the number of cards you have in hand (which by the time the combo reaches that section, should be 30 cards).

It works by using Kiki Jiki, Minion Mirror, and Doubling Season (as well as Opalescence, making all enchantments--i.e. Doubling Season--creatures) at its core.

The final steps include using Karakas (legendary land) to untap Kiki Jiki.  Rootrunner (part of a prior Soulshift combo) to return Kakras to the top of your library, Wargate to play it again (duplicating it a billion times with Minion Mirror and Doubling Seasons, as it counts as a creature thanks to Nature's Revolt).  Then Reborn Hope to get the Wargate back, Deja Vu to get the Reborn Hope back, Twincast and Recap to repeat Deja Vu, and finally, Holistic Wisdom to get back Recap.

Each of those spells is also duplicated a billion times when cast due to Mirari (or Rings of Brightearth in the case of Holistic Wisdom), and all of them count as instants due to Vedalken Orrery.

Mana is obtained by sacrificing a tiny fraction of the duplicate permanents created in each step to Phyrexian Alter (or alternatively, playing Black Lotus, letting March of the Machines let it count as a creature, getting it duplicated by Minion Reflector, multiplied by a billion Doubling Seasons, then before Minion Reflector resolves, sacrificing March of the Machines; only the original Black Lotus dies from having 0 toughness, the remainder resolve due to the Last Known Information rule*).

*Here's two very useful points about Minion Reflector triggers. #1 We don't have to pay the 2-mana until we get to the triggered ability on the stack. #2 If the creature Minion Reflector was copying leaves the battlefield before the trigger resolves, it STILL makes a copy using 'Last Known Information'.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: July 24, 2012, 09:13:22 am »

Minecraft with real life physics and HD, Crysis graphics
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: July 24, 2012, 09:57:07 am »

Minecraft with real life physics and HD, Crysis graphics

And minions that do the work for you, dungeon keeper style. You still gotta plan it out, but it get made by the minions, eventually. 

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: July 24, 2012, 10:05:49 am »

I want a game where you ARE the evil feral nonsentient creature (Think playing the Alien from all the AvP games), but with modern graphics, and with the ENTIRE game devoted to it.
I would also love that. The first Alien Versus Predator (2000) sorta had this to an extent. The Alien gameplay was mostly built around "stealth" and "stalking" in the harder difficulties. Shame the later editions forgot about this and basically had the Alien as mindless charging.

Also a game where you're being stalked by a monster, like the original Alien, where your fellow crew members are slowly being picked off one by one. Either singleplayer or multiplayer where you have to do the standard monster movie tropes like having to split up and do set tasks alone.
I haven't seen any game really attempt this and they either go for the isolation survival horror or the shoot everything jump scares. Basically I want to play one of those red shirts in monster movies who manages to do slightly less stupid decisions.

Garry's mod has a game mode like this that is quite fun.  Haven't played in years, but one person plays as an invisible monster, who can only be found by its shadow.  The monster has some special movement abilities, and can only melee.  The rest of the players are soldiers with limited ammo, and flashlights. 

The player that kills the monster gets to play it in the next round, which helps keep the soldiers from bunkering up too much.

Iirc, the mode is called stalker or somesuch.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: July 24, 2012, 10:17:01 am »

Are you sure you're not thinking of The Hidden, Vactor? It sounds exactly like what you're talking about, but it's not a Garry's Mod game mode, it's a HL2 mod.

A game I wish existed is basically this:

A realistic permadeath zombie MMO, with building, crafting, driving and others.

I can't think of anything else, to be honest.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: July 24, 2012, 10:36:03 am »

Looks like its the same gameplay, but the one I played was infact gmod stalker.  It's a fretta mod game mode.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1221 on: July 24, 2012, 10:42:35 am »

A game I wish existed is basically this:

A realistic permadeath zombie MMO, with building, crafting, driving and others.

I can't think of anything else, to be honest.

That sounds a bit like what DayZ is aiming to be eventually.  There's not really building or crafting right now though.

KG

EDIT:  And just saw this one today: The War Z
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 11:18:13 am by kg333 »

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: July 24, 2012, 10:54:56 am »

A game where women are actually portrayed with some modesty. I mean, sure, I'm a guy, and my hormones and stuff make me like it, but the logic part of my brain is saying, "WTH is she going to to a full firefight, nearly naked" And it really ticks me off that is happens in EVERY single game I have ever seen. I mean, really?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: July 24, 2012, 11:00:46 am »

A game where women are actually portrayed with some modesty. I mean, sure, I'm a guy, and my hormones and stuff make me like it, but the logic part of my brain is saying, "WTH is she going to to a full firefight, nearly naked" And it really ticks me off that is happens in EVERY single game I have ever seen. I mean, really?
What games are you even playing? Ones that are ripped straight from the animes?
Most gritty and realistic/brown and grey shooters have everyone in pretty much solid suits of body armour and such. All of Valve's female protagonists wear at least as many clothes as the men as far as I remember, apart from maybe the Left4Dead zombies, but I haven't actually played that so I can't tell you for certain.
Although then again, most FPS war themed games don't even have women because the animators and texture designers and such are a really lazy bunch. Or they know that their primary audience would probably just have t-bag RP sessions or something stupid like that.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: July 24, 2012, 11:14:48 am »

What games are you even playing? Ones that are ripped straight from the animes?
Most gritty and realistic/brown and grey shooters have everyone in pretty much solid suits of body armour and such. All of Valve's female protagonists wear at least as many clothes as the men as far as I remember, apart from maybe the Left4Dead zombies, but I haven't actually played that so I can't tell you for certain.
Although then again, most FPS war themed games don't even have women because the animators and texture designers and such are a really lazy bunch. Or they know that their primary audience would probably just have t-bag RP sessions or something stupid like that.

Yes, there are exceptions, but really, they are blotted out by the massive number of games that are ridiculous.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: July 24, 2012, 11:24:15 am »

RPGs, basically. Y'know, chainmail bikinis and steel armour with breast cups.
*Hugs*

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: July 24, 2012, 12:23:25 pm »

RPGs, basically. Y'know, chainmail bikinis and steel armour with breast cups.
Oh. Yeah. Fair enough on that.
Really, why would you put breast cups in armour? It's just not... well, each piece would have to be even better fitted than they already would be. It's all kinds of impractical and also a weaker point.
Then again, at least most RPGs have some obligatory unremovable undergarments.
Spoiler: Totally how they work (click to show/hide)
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: July 24, 2012, 12:40:53 pm »

I don't get it.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: July 24, 2012, 12:50:13 pm »

I don't get it.
The joke is that most RPGs have underclothes of some sort drawn onto the character texture, and the comic was referencing it by having the protagonist apply paint-on underwear. Having them irremovable was already pretty strange, so them being actually painted on isn't really too bad of an answer. I guess.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: July 24, 2012, 01:08:17 pm »

I don't get it.
The joke is that most RPGs have underclothes of some sort drawn onto the character texture, and the comic was referencing it by having the protagonist apply paint-on underwear. Having them irremovable was already pretty strange, so them being actually painted on isn't really too bad of an answer. I guess.

I see.  The setup wasn't there.  Just the punchline.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 577