Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929540 times)

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #1260 on: August 26, 2012, 10:19:59 pm »

what would I like?

wurm online and shores of hazeron.

if they were offline.
That would get extremely dull unless you sped up all the actions and such and removed the premium restrictions....

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: August 27, 2012, 07:18:35 am »

Id love a real-time strategy game featuring players vs advanced ai robot faction and an evolving biological enemy. Completely with air, sea, ground and space combat. Also possibilities of scenarios like getting knocked into the ground by a virus you havent made a vaccine for/getting carpet bombed, then having to scavenge and such to survive.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: August 28, 2012, 09:18:54 am »

Id love a real-time strategy game featuring players vs advanced ai robot faction

This concept, (minus the air land and sea combat and the biological enemy :P) has been explored by AI:war, where the enemy is immensely powerful and you have to keep a low profile to avoid getting too much attention.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: August 28, 2012, 09:45:10 am »

Id love a real-time strategy game featuring players vs advanced ai robot faction

This concept, (minus the air land and sea combat and the biological enemy :P) has been explored by AI:war, where the enemy is immensely powerful and you have to keep a low profile to avoid getting too much attention.

"You are outgunned. You are massively outnumbered. You must win." These are your orders.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: August 29, 2012, 01:13:08 pm »

"You are outgunned. You are massively outnumbered. You must win." These are your orders.

Fucking awesome! Checking it out!
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: August 29, 2012, 02:23:59 pm »

A primeval game set in a worlds early history, starting at the tribal and stone/flint level, with a procedurally generated massive range of twists, from magic to a.i to aliens to atlantis, with it's own procedurally generated wildlife, simulated according to the world and simulating their evolution, in first person with Clangs combat. Also, you would have the option to jump into the future for a amount of time you selected, either becoming an existing character, appearing, or howsoever the mood or the game takes you, simulating the world including your effects on it.

A transformers game with good motion controls and oculus rift.

A first contact simulator.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: August 29, 2012, 02:48:02 pm »

An evolution game actually simulating evolution*, not divine intervention. It'll probably be just a simulation to watch, unless you can influence the simulation midgame. Like, let's see if they survive this iceage.

*I mean any game where the life is controlled and modified by a higher intelligence(the player), is doing a bad job at simulating evolution.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: August 29, 2012, 02:49:28 pm »

To build on ebbors, I'd like an evolution game where you play as the environment. :3 And the creatures react and evolve to what you do! Like his ice age!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1268 on: August 29, 2012, 02:52:33 pm »

An evolution game actually simulating evolution*, not divine intervention. It'll probably be just a simulation to watch, unless you can influence the simulation midgame. Like, let's see if they survive this iceage.

*I mean any game where the life is controlled and modified by a higher intelligence(the player), is doing a bad job at simulating evolution.

The Creatures series might be of interest to you then; I believe the primary mode of play involved breeding Norns to induce certain characteristics, instead of Spore-style "pick the trait".  Supposedly the creator is working on a new project in the same vein.

KG

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: August 29, 2012, 02:53:34 pm »

I'd like to play an RTS game, where you a Meme, and you try to fight for dominance for the world. There'd be some evolving systems for the Memes to morph and change over time.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: August 29, 2012, 02:53:43 pm »

SimEarth. The 'goal' of the game is technically to get intelligent races to evolve, but you don't control the evolution, only the environment. Your intervention is generally geared towards adjusting planetary temperature or sending a natural disaster to encourage biodiversity and the like. Well, you could just use the 'evolve' button, but that defeats the point unless you want to play the civilization stage.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: August 29, 2012, 03:08:00 pm »

A primeval game set in a worlds early history, starting at the tribal and stone/flint level, with a procedurally generated massive range of twists, from magic to a.i to aliens to atlantis, with it's own procedurally generated wildlife, simulated according to the world and simulating their evolution, in first person with Clangs combat.

Well, you can get some of that by playing the TerraFirmaCraft mod for Minecraft.  No really, I'm ecstatic over having a single zinc tool.  Problem is, is that it isn't enough for me to start working copper.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: August 29, 2012, 03:12:50 pm »

A primeval game set in a worlds early history, starting at the tribal and stone/flint level, with a procedurally generated massive range of twists, from magic to a.i to aliens to atlantis, with it's own procedurally generated wildlife, simulated according to the world and simulating their evolution, in first person with Clangs combat.

Well, you can get some of that by playing the TerraFirmaCraft mod for Minecraft.  No really, I'm ecstatic over having a single zinc tool.  Problem is, is that it isn't enough for me to start working copper.
I know that feel bro.
I spent ages working a bellow, trying to get copper to melt, with oak (the hottest burning wood in the area) on the fire, and it wasn't melting. So. Frustrating.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: August 29, 2012, 04:18:47 pm »

I know that feel bro.
I spent ages working a bellow, trying to get copper to melt, with oak (the hottest burning wood in the area) on the fire, and it wasn't melting. So. Frustrating.

Altitude helps, apparently.

But no, there are no verified and confirmed reports of copper smelting in a camp fire.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: August 29, 2012, 04:19:19 pm »

I know that feel bro.

Altitude helps, apparently.

But no, there are no verified and confirmed reports of copper smelting in a camp fire.
Ya need coal. Good coal.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 577