Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926902 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #1305 on: October 27, 2012, 02:49:32 am »

I'm pretty sure there are mods for Morrowind that improve the combat.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: October 27, 2012, 02:54:50 am »

I do want a fantasy game with decent melee combat.  Something more dynamic than "spam attacks and try to connect with your swings in between the enemy's swings by bouncing in & out of range."  Or there's the only slightly better "time a block right and then spam attacks."  Mount & Blade is the only game that's ever given me anything the least bit satisfying in this regard, but I've only played the demo of Dark Messiah back before the full game was released.  I should go have another look at it.  I don't remember what the combat was like, but I do remember it was promising.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: October 27, 2012, 02:58:38 am »

It was actually pretty fun. Lots of perks, spells, and skills you could learn, and kicking your enemies off of high ledges to watch them trudge away from you, begging for mercy, was always neat. Not bad for what felt like a Half-Life 2 mod.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: October 27, 2012, 03:06:23 am »

Yeah, but that was back in the day when HL2 was the most magical thing ever.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: October 27, 2012, 03:14:25 am »

"Back in the day"? I still have fun playing HL2 and the episodes. I'm still eagerly awaiting the next installment, if it would ever leave that vortex of doom known as "Valve Time" :P

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: October 27, 2012, 03:21:35 am »

With the current state of FPS, the chance of playing Metro: Last Light and Half-Life EP3 is the only thing that keeps me sane. 
I can't honestly think of any other single-player FPS I'm looking forward to.

EDIT: Maybe the Painkiller remake if it doesn't suck like the other Painkiller games released after Black.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: October 27, 2012, 03:22:47 am »

I thought Last Light was already out?  ???

But yeah, I want to play that as well.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: October 27, 2012, 03:24:22 am »

Q1 2013 apparently. I'm really hoping it can hold the torch of the first one and fix a few of it's minor flaws.  :)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: October 27, 2012, 03:27:15 am »

Q1 2013 apparently. I'm really hoping it can hold the torch of the first one and fix a few of it's minor flaws.  :)
I actually want to read the novels. I hear that they're ridiculously grimdark, even for a series where
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: October 27, 2012, 03:33:19 am »

Been wanting to get those books for ages as well as Roadside Picnic. I made some none-too-subtle hints that I wanted them for my birthday but none of my friends picked it up.  :-[

I tried to find them at my local library without any luck. I think the last time I checked on Amazon they were rather pricey in my region and there wasn't much stock.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: October 27, 2012, 03:41:22 am »

"Back in the day"? I still have fun playing HL2 and the episodes. I'm still eagerly awaiting the next installment, if it would ever leave that vortex of doom known as "Valve Time" :P

Oh, absolutely.  I still count it among the most solid game productions ever.  Top-notch quality.  The novelty has just warn off is all.  When that game first game out, it was the most polished and cinematic action game experience I'd ever seen, with a first-time-ever major breakthrough game mechanic.  That wide-eyed wow factor, which bled over into anything else which used the Source engine, has faded a bit over 8 years.

Been wanting to get those books for ages as well as Roadside Picnic.

I have a link for Roadside Picnic somewhere in my bookmarks at home.  I'll share it in a couple hours, if I can find it.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 03:50:16 am by SalmonGod »
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: October 27, 2012, 05:44:35 pm »

A free roam, first person, elder scrolls/monster hunter/stranded/jacksmith type thing where you can kill things, gather things, form bandit clans, found cities, wage war, etc.
With a badass smithing system where you can define every little detail of how a weapon or armor piece looks.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: October 27, 2012, 05:52:00 pm »

Update of teh old game 'Sword of the Samurai' with expanded everything and some neat graphics. That's the game I would like. Not some ninja/duel simulator with fantasy elements or something...

Just bloody, dirty Japan feudalism :V
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: October 27, 2012, 06:19:58 pm »

It appears my link to Roadside Picnic is no longer valid, but Wikipedia delivers with another.

It's a great read.  The first scene inside the zone is the most tension I have ever felt from a piece of literature.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: October 30, 2012, 06:08:07 pm »

A game that is a blend between an FPS and RTS, along with all those simulation games, and would be an MMO.  You would have ranks like you would in real life, and the same responsibilities as those ranks.  You would start out as a private, and as you played, you could rank up, or complete training sessions (Like America's Army) to get new gear, or to become a new class.  As your rank goes up, you get things like a squad interface, which let's you command your own squad of other players.  Then you can eventually rank up even higher, and complete a sort of OCS, which allows you to become an officer, and command platoons, battalions, and so on.  The RTS element would come in at things like the divisions levels, in which you would have an overhead view of the battlefield, either from a spy plane, satellite, or your own drone or something.  You could select squads, and set up way-points for them, which they would then need to follow.   If the enemy shoots down your plane, then you would be effectively blind, needing to rely on things such as the helmet feed of your soldiers, or have them coordinate with you by use of a grid system.  Or you could macro manage the battlefield, delegating responsibilities to your subordinates "Colonel 1, you secure our supply lines and our flanks.  Colonel 2, you carry out the offensive here." And then those Colonel 2 would go "Officer 1, you set up an ambush.  Officer 2 will pretend to retreat, leading them into the ambush.  Then Officer 3 will hook around and cut off all routes of enemy retreat." 
As you play, your soldier will gradually gain ranks and skills.  Successfully obeying commands and taking waypoints will grant experience, while disobeying will take away experience.  When that soldier dies, You lose a substantial amount of experience, which should be enough to not set you back months, but provide a very strong incentive to stay alive.  Very highly ranked players could eventually command an entire country, form alliances, break alliances, and make peace.  It would be possible to make battle plans in advance, but those would have to have a physical copy in the game world, and you could create spys who would still those, or assassinate high level generals or officers in the middle of battle.  THEN you would have to do field promotions, and if the entire command structure is wiped out, along with communications networks, you could easily cut up an enemy force and divide it, with them being unable to coordinate a widespread counterattack. 
TLDR; I want a game that completely simulates the military, INCLUDING all the paperwork, with game play like that of ARMA, AA, Operation Flashpoint, RTS, TBS, Civilization, and any of those other games.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 577