Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926889 times)

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #1410 on: December 10, 2012, 05:38:19 am »

I want a game that combines the "make your own girlfriend" elements of obscure Japanese game xx no Kanojo na Tsukurikata combined with the building and resource management elements of Dwarf Fortress, the terraforming and crafting of Haven and Hearth and the open world and endless customization of The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind with both single-player and massively-multiplayer online play. Because I am one lonely bastard.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: December 10, 2012, 05:56:17 am »

I want a game that combines the "make your own girlfriend" elements of obscure Japanese game xx no Kanojo na Tsukurikata combined with the building and resource management elements of Dwarf Fortress, the terraforming and crafting of Haven and Hearth and the open world and endless customization of The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind with both single-player and massively-multiplayer online play. Because I am one lonely bastard.

Honestly it sounds almost like you want to make a game that is where you build your own fanclub house that fills with a Harem full of girls who just want to please you.

megaloptus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: December 10, 2012, 06:22:41 am »

Honestly it sounds almost like you want to make a game that is where you build your own fanclub house that fills with a Harem full of girls who just want to please you.

Lonely or not, that sounds awesome to me...  8)

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: December 10, 2012, 02:03:56 pm »

If that was the case I would play Elona where with the help of a memory editor I managed to do that several times. However no, it is not as I already have that inside my head.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1414 on: December 10, 2012, 03:34:16 pm »

If I wanted to make a lot of money in the worst way possible, then I would make that game.

Actually, I could see something of a first-person dollhouse game, related to The Sims, perhaps, where characters interact in a detailed sandboxy environment could be quite popular. Particularly if you get some really good AI designers.

You don't need to win the Turing Test to convince people something is real; you just need to cover up the things we are already used to being as NPC flaws.

First thing, get NPCs to avoid repeating themselves. They don't need to actually come up with diologue themselves, they can just read lines from a script- but it just needs to be a very, very large script that is cleverly written to avoid gaps. The speach the PC has should be as open-ended as possible, because getting a slightly inteligent answer to an intuitive question is far better than getting a good answer to a bad one.

Hmmm... maybe base it off of FACADE.

Those inscrutable fah-kades.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

JamesPlotts

• Bay Watcher
  • What's that button do?
    • View Profile
    • 8th Dwarf
« Reply #1415 on: December 15, 2012, 12:55:18 am »

I have wanted a 3D version of DF for quite a while, so I finally decided to do something about it.

http://eighth-dwarf.googlecode.com

Owner of 8th Dwarf:  http://eighth-dwarf.googlecode.com
A 3D DF project.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: December 15, 2012, 02:02:11 am »

But DF is 3d.  :P
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: December 15, 2012, 04:44:10 am »

But DF is 3d.  :P
What's the tongue for? DF really is 3D.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: December 15, 2012, 05:16:48 am »

Because I know it was a smart-ass comment.  It's 3d, but not in the sense he's looking for.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: December 15, 2012, 06:31:04 am »

A game where you control a big industrial company, you have to design the industrial sites, pick their locations, consider local laws and transport etc.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

JamesPlotts

• Bay Watcher
  • What's that button do?
    • View Profile
    • 8th Dwarf
« Reply #1420 on: December 15, 2012, 01:56:34 pm »

Because I know it was a smart-ass comment.  It's 3d, but not in the sense he's looking for.

Right.  I have wanted it to have a 3D presentation where you could spin the map to view it from any angle, similar to how you can move the viewpoint in Minecraft.  Plus, the inconsistencies in the menus of DF are highly annoying.  If it had 3D graphics, I could live with the menus.
Owner of 8th Dwarf:  http://eighth-dwarf.googlecode.com
A 3D DF project.

Robosaur

• Bay Watcher
  • [POOP:INORGANIC: NUCLEAR_BOMBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: December 15, 2012, 05:58:25 pm »

A game that is pretty much Hasbro's Frogger (the 3d ones), amped up to 11.

I was reading through the pages backwards, then saw this and was like "awww hell yess"
except then I saw it was by me
and I was like
fuck nobody else wants this
You are a terrible person and the sad truth is deep down you know it.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: December 15, 2012, 07:22:54 pm »

I want a Transformers MMOFPS, ala World of Tanks.

Each transformer has alternate mode(s) and if they have "combine" functions in the story, then they will too in this game. Imagine multiple players controlling Bruticus.

You can also choose which universe your particular transformers are supposed to be. So Optimus Prime could resemble Cybertronian truck or Peter-bilt.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: December 15, 2012, 07:31:44 pm »

You can also choose which universe your particular transformers are supposed to be. So Optimus Prime could resemble Cybertronian truck or Peter-bilt.
What if you want him to be a gorilla?  :P
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: December 16, 2012, 08:45:11 pm »

A classic shooter game with a more... in-depth multiplayer mode. Imagine if a match, instead of a 15-minute objective mode, instead was total war waged between three factions? Take Far Cry 3- imagine setting up a map in the editor where each faction had three outposts surrounding a main HQ, and players could basically do as they pleased? For instance, let's say you've got an island map where Blue Team starts on a very elevated area that's hard to reach by roads but can be done stealthily on foot, Red Team starts separated from the others by a large river and beaches, and Yellow Team has large expanses of flat grassland between it and the others.

The basic "attack plan" would be for Blue Team to make hang glider assaults, Red Team to make aquatic assaults, and Yellow Team to defend themselves on their large land expanses.

However, objectives appear that are much deeper. Pregame, teams can decide on base compositions that affect how matches play out- for example, let's say Red Team had a marijuana farm. This increases the total amount of money they have for munitions, but the other teams can then destroy the farm (say, with fire, or pesticides) and cause Red Team to lose money, giving them less choice in weapons. Alternatively, they could take a Weaponsmith setup, which would allow them to change the base guns available at the cost of space. They could set up either basic industries and buildings as well as Pirate-specific ones, just like the Islanders (blue) and Soldiers (Yellow).

You don't get classes until in a match, where you can choose from available weapons and attachments based on what you made in the pregame. Weapon choices fluctuate, and if your weapon isn't there anymore, it forces you to switch.

Money is also needed. Every time you die, your team loses money equal to what you spawn with. You could choose absolutely nothing and go in with a machete, which is a survive-and-steal strategy, or you can start heavy and outbid opponents on firepower. The choice is yours.

This in-depth experience blends MMOFPS, strategy, and survival. From building your faction and defending it to taking sidequest-like objectives, you reach the ultimate goal of overthrowing the enemy. Shorter games could use a points-based system, and the full one much like Risk- take everything and then you're done.

The main objective would be to take down the enemy HQ- the three outposts help in preventing this, however. Normally the outposts fall and then the HQ is left with a much harder job of defending itself, but stealthy players could attack and destroy the HQ before an outpost falls. In the case of outposts being the last remaining player spawn, players may still spawn but are severely limited in money, guns, and they aren't a player for score any longer. They can cause problems for who killed them for a short time, however.

Objectives will be shown in full. Have a flamethrower? Burn some farms. Doing small objectives will hurt enemies or help you, allowing you to gain an upper edge and destroy the enemy.

Sadly this would require server power not available for consoles and an internet connection of the gods, but having a "drop in drop out" system that allows players looking for a match to be thrown into existing ones where players have dropped out, and god forbid I even mention it but have AI-controlled psuedoplayers, could fix the inherent problem.

I want the holy grail so I can drink from the fountain of youth with it, then ride my pegasus into the sunset. Who said my goals were unobtainable? I never said UNICORN.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 577