Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929595 times)

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #1785 on: February 07, 2013, 06:04:04 pm »

A 4x space game where a simulated world (complete with NPC empires, procedurally generated quests, NPCs with hopes and dreams and goals to conquer the galaxy, along with ancient secrets of the past that could threaten or save the galaxy, and outer-dimensional horrors threatening the galaxy...) runs and you are free to involve yourself at any level at any time.  Tired of running the entire empire?  Scale down to a simple, lonely freighter captain.  Settle down on a colony world, start a family, bring peace and prosperity to the planet they settle on as a leader in the community.  When a war threatens the colony, scale up to the RTS or turn based strategy mode and fight in a space battle to keep the colony safe.  Dislike how the empire is being run?  Scale back up to full on empire mode and show them how it's done.

So...Nathan Brazil: The Game.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: February 07, 2013, 11:34:58 pm »

After seeing this post on Kotaku about a new Stargate SG-1 game, I'm reminded that I'd really like to see a game set in the Stargate universe (although probably not in Stargate Universe) with X-COM (the original) style tactical missions and tactical / geoscape split. Particularly if you could add in some sort procedurally generated worlds to reach via the Stargate.
Yeeeeees
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: February 09, 2013, 03:57:46 am »

Harvest Moon, crossed with Artificial Girl 3. I would never stop playing.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: February 09, 2013, 08:35:23 am »

After seeing this post on Kotaku about a new Stargate SG-1 game, I'm reminded that I'd really like to see a game set in the Stargate universe (although probably not in Stargate Universe) with X-COM (the original) style tactical missions and tactical / geoscape split. Particularly if you could add in some sort procedurally generated worlds to reach via the Stargate.
Yeeeeees

**coughs**

So, would you believe that I've also been working on Stargate done through X-Com?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Stargate/comments/185srn/all_this_talk_about_this_new_sg1_video_game_got/c8c3nhj This is a quick write up I did with it today.

http://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,929.0.html  This links discuss how I think you can do space battles using the Battle Scape from X-Com. Again by me.

TL;DR So, if you do Stargate through X-Com, you'll eventually discover that it turns into a very weird 4X game.

I can go into more detail if anyone body wants.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 08:43:53 am by MrWiggles »
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: February 09, 2013, 08:40:09 am »

I suddenly want an MMO style game with permadeath set in the ocean where players control various animals like whales, sharks and fishies. Probably with some sort of limit on the amount of orcas and great whites. :P

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: February 09, 2013, 08:52:23 am »

I suddenly want an MMO style game with permadeath set in the ocean where players control various animals like whales, sharks and fishies. Probably with some sort of limit on the amount of orcas and great whites. :P

Eat enough small npc or pc fish and you evolve into bigger ones. Meanwhile, you have to avoid the npc giant squids and other veteran players as whales until you are big enough to challenge them.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: February 09, 2013, 09:08:35 am »

Something like that might work. The whole "eat-get-bigger" sort of thing in multiplayer. I'd love to see it doe with 3D models and an expansive ocean to fuck around in, though, something like what the Spore "aquatic" stage after the cell stage was going to be like.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: February 09, 2013, 01:29:58 pm »

TL;DR So, if you do Stargate through X-Com, you'll eventually discover that it turns into a very weird 4X game.

*abject desire*
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Gruntdonttoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: February 09, 2013, 05:28:52 pm »

An open world game the size of Just Cause 2 with the physics engine of Red Dead, set in a modern or futuristic era, and the player is able to go into every room of every floor of every building and use anything as a weapon.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #1794 on: February 10, 2013, 01:13:20 am »

*abject desire*
I'm intrigued as well. It's the sort of project I'd love to see, although the track record of xcomlikes in general isn't particularly pleasant. Also IP would likely be annoying. Still, if you want to bounce ideas off people I'm sure you've got an audience.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: February 10, 2013, 03:54:28 am »

This might be a bit rambling, as its a collection of notes from several note books.

Spoiler: Base Building (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stargate Mgm. (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Science and Production (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Obvious Stuff (click to show/hide)

Thats about as far as I've gotten, beside a more exhaustive base facilities.

EDIT:

Uh... also forgot to describe how I think the game play would go.

I would expect it to play out, a lot like X-Com for the early game. Wait, go to Sites, fight or talk then RD and and rinse and repeat. Where it get gets interesting and deviate away from X-Com into something new, is when you start setting up Bases on other planets, and start to interact with the universe citizens.

From there, I thought I'd expect it to play out sorta similar to most other 4X games, with various factions vowing for control of the universe, but the /r/stargate suggested that it'd be more storyline focus. I think thats fairly interesting, something similar to maybe how a story is told in MoO series or Alpha Centari.

As for IP concerns. I have none. It wouldnt really take a lot of work to transform this idea, into an original IP. And if it does go anywhere thats the only direction to take it.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 08:11:59 am by MrWiggles »
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: February 10, 2013, 04:32:34 am »

Speaking of X-Com: X-Com starring the X-Men. Order Xavier's students around, having them fight Sentinels, Apocalypse and other mutants while keeping public opinion high to deprive your opponents of popular support and the ever-important funding. With randomly-generated mutants and the ability to play as each faction, it sounds like the best superhero game ever.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: February 10, 2013, 04:36:03 am »

Speaking of X-Com: X-Com starring the X-Men. Order Xavier's students around, having them fight Sentinels, Apocalypse and other mutants while keeping public opinion high to deprive your opponents of popular support and the ever-important funding. With randomly-generated mutants and the ability to play as each faction, it sounds like the best superhero game ever.
YES. Make it happen, Marvel.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: February 10, 2013, 12:05:37 pm »

YES. Make it happen, Marvel.

The first mod to be made if we get the tools, swear it on the bones of your little finger.

You would not be Xavier in that, though, if i was making it. You would be a "graduate" from the school put in charge of a strike team, all of which including yourself have randomly generated powers (Though you can choose if you like), the full limits and growth of which you are currently unaware. You have to manage the personality's under your command, which may indeed be usurped -or you could start that way, and work your way up from the very bottom, right down to your initial discovery/rescue-, be stationed to watch a area, wrangle or find resources, improve local mutant relations, decide whether you need to lead from the back or the front, with associated risks, make connections with other groups, canon and generated, decide how best to train the mutants under your command -you design the danger room, and the AI, infused with a heavy set of personality modifiers, does the rest- work your way up the ranks, request/take/research gear for your lot, deal with back story's biting back and Apocalypse level threats; there's no end to what awesomeness could be done. Personally, simply because mutants don't wait for you to act, I'd go with real-time. To go into fantasy land, I'd like to have oculus rift support with comprehensive motion sensors and if available mind reading, but I'd take itisnotlogicals suggestion any day.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: February 10, 2013, 01:44:40 pm »

You know what would really just make my day? Bladestorm, with warband combat, modern graphics (not that they were bad) and some kind of rank system, with the option of becoming officers in either thr French or British armies.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 577