Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926946 times)

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #2040 on: March 16, 2013, 02:50:32 pm »

I'm think about 3D sandbox planet colonizer, where you have a dwarf, who will be a head of the group of colonists(with various skills), who may be recruited to accompany you or, if you want, land on planet and survive alone..
 Before landing, you will get embark shop, where you buy machines, robots, stuff, recruits and other rather advanced things needed to survive the first moments on the planet.
 Land with your ship where you want and build your base!

Your job would be about giving tasks, doing researches, fighting, raising base, ask government for other stuff and more colonists.
 If you want, can you encourage mates to take part in declaration of independence of your planet.
 Meet other civilizations and trade with them. Meet natives and learn their language or destroy them.
 Make war, colonise other planets and ect.

That would be a good game :D
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 03:03:05 pm by Volfgarix »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: March 16, 2013, 02:52:11 pm »

A racing game with an interesting and plausible story would be fun to play just for the novelty.
Most racing games ever?
They're generally "You're a racer. You race cars. You start racing smaller cars in smaller races. You get better and start racing better cars in bigger races. You become the best racer in the world."

That's the implied story, occasionally supported by weak cutscenes in some games. I mean an actual plot built around a racing game, which could potentially offer for much more interesting context to race in than "YOU TOURNAMENT NOW".
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: March 16, 2013, 03:36:52 pm »

I want a Japanese dating racing sim.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: March 16, 2013, 03:50:33 pm »

I want a Japanese dating racing sim.

Would buy. :P
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: March 16, 2013, 04:03:36 pm »

Semi-Zero Player RPG

In short: you generate a character and have no control on him except a) initial generation and b)leveling up after reaching the next XP level

And generation should include mental attributes that will influence decisions of the character. Generate a coward and he'll avoid tough combats and run away at first opportunity, generate gready character and he'll look for shady ways to get cash and so on

http://www.progressquest.com/

There's another one, but yeah.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: March 16, 2013, 06:18:48 pm »

I'm think about 3D sandbox planet colonizer, where you have a dwarf, who will be a head of the group of colonists(with various skills), who may be recruited to accompany you or, if you want, land on planet and survive alone..
 Before landing, you will get embark shop, where you buy machines, robots, stuff, recruits and other rather advanced things needed to survive the first moments on the planet.
 Land with your ship where you want and build your base!

Your job would be about giving tasks, doing researches, fighting, raising base, ask government for other stuff and more colonists.
 If you want, can you encourage mates to take part in declaration of independence of your planet.
 Meet other civilizations and trade with them. Meet natives and learn their language or destroy them.
 Make war, colonise other planets and ect.

That would be a good game :D
Terminus was going to be kind of like that; but the funding failed.
So it'll be a while before we hear of it again.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: March 16, 2013, 06:20:26 pm »

A 'game' that used Googlemaps to analyze your locality and inserted a generic rpg plot into the area (potentially with 'real' characters as well.)

There already is such a game. It's called Ingress.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: March 17, 2013, 02:30:23 am »

http://www.progressquest.com/
Don't you think that the fact that I know about ZPGs  mean that I know about Progress Quest?  I described something much more complex
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

anders_slesvig

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: March 17, 2013, 09:37:11 am »

here is fantastic story for game made by team-slesvig. translated by Harken Brunkauf:

Teleborian Phillipe, half Swedish/Spanish consult to the King of Sweden, begins partaking in extra-marital relations with a penguin's carcass.
Meanwhile, in order to further his position in the Swedish royal family, he begins his own bean fermentation faculty beneath the royal court, hoping to pass on the foul tasting alcoholic beverages for favour amongst the nobles.
However, a fire breaks out, and he is forced to hurl his beloved penguin carcass at the king in order to prevent him from being immolated.
As it quickly transpires, in royal Swedish law decreed centuries ago, those that shall throw the carcass of any non-flying bird at the King shall henceforth become the new ruler.
And so Teleborian becomes the new King of Sweden and all ends happily ever after until his wife discovers his dead penguin fetish- having encovoured the king's semen covered saviour while cleaning up the burnt husk of the royal palace.
And as we all know- as is customary in Sweden- if a member of royalty has had extra-marital affairs, be it with man or beast, they can either step down from power or fight their spouse to the death in a one on one sword fight, above a tiger pit.
And so Teleborian must make the toughest choice of his life. Fight his once beloved wife to the death or abdicate from power?

Teleborian, led by his new taste for power, takes the latter option and so begins the fight of his life, above the infamous tiger pits of Sweden.
However, Teleborian was not to be favoured by the Gods of Sweden on that fateful day for his wife brought with her a cunning ploy. In her hands she held an object of Teleborian's feverish desires- the decapitated head of his deceased-penguin lover.
His wife, overcome with marital jealousy and rage, hurls the penguins head into the depths of the pit. Teleborian, his loins desperate for the touch of penguin flesh, dives in after it, only for both man and penguin to be eaten. The tigers would have their fill on that day.

His wife, the victor of the battle, emerges as queen of Sweden and the world would never again see such a cold and bitter rule, leading to Sweden's invasion by American and British coalition forces in a bid for freedom and liberty.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: March 17, 2013, 07:58:01 pm »

I'm calling the police.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: April 02, 2013, 03:22:35 pm »

An ASCII game running on an engine familiar to the one used by Dorf Fort, but taking place in a huge, sprawling metropolis (complete with fully-furnished apartments, working transit systems, electricity and other networks and appropriately large population doing all their typical business in real-time)
No particular goal - but lots of things to do. Become a businessman, a gangster, a bus driver, or just a common worker with a family and children. You know how it goes.

Should Toady live to get DF to the point of 1.0 first...

Also, the "make-your-own-AI" RTS mentioned on the first page(s) of the thread.
I kinda liked playing Colobot back in the day, and it'd definitely strike my fancy to play that game.

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: April 02, 2013, 03:50:10 pm »

here is fantastic story for game made by team-slesvig. translated by Harken Brunkauf:

Teleborian Phillipe, half Swedish/Spanish consult to the King of Sweden, begins partaking in extra-marital relations with a penguin's carcass.
Meanwhile, in order to further his position in the Swedish royal family, he begins his own bean fermentation faculty beneath the royal court, hoping to pass on the foul tasting alcoholic beverages for favour amongst the nobles.
However, a fire breaks out, and he is forced to hurl his beloved penguin carcass at the king in order to prevent him from being immolated.
As it quickly transpires, in royal Swedish law decreed centuries ago, those that shall throw the carcass of any non-flying bird at the King shall henceforth become the new ruler.
And so Teleborian becomes the new King of Sweden and all ends happily ever after until his wife discovers his dead penguin fetish- having encovoured the king's semen covered saviour while cleaning up the burnt husk of the royal palace.
And as we all know- as is customary in Sweden- if a member of royalty has had extra-marital affairs, be it with man or beast, they can either step down from power or fight their spouse to the death in a one on one sword fight, above a tiger pit.
And so Teleborian must make the toughest choice of his life. Fight his once beloved wife to the death or abdicate from power?

Teleborian, led by his new taste for power, takes the latter option and so begins the fight of his life, above the infamous tiger pits of Sweden.
However, Teleborian was not to be favoured by the Gods of Sweden on that fateful day for his wife brought with her a cunning ploy. In her hands she held an object of Teleborian's feverish desires- the decapitated head of his deceased-penguin lover.
His wife, overcome with marital jealousy and rage, hurls the penguins head into the depths of the pit. Teleborian, his loins desperate for the touch of penguin flesh, dives in after it, only for both man and penguin to be eaten. The tigers would have their fill on that day.

His wife, the victor of the battle, emerges as queen of Sweden and the world would never again see such a cold and bitter rule, leading to Sweden's invasion by American and British coalition forces in a bid for freedom and liberty.
Sounds like a great follow-up to cauldron of loots!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: April 02, 2013, 04:07:20 pm »

I had an idea that's a bit specific, but I think it has a few neato concepts that could work interestingly.

The game itself I'm imagining to be 2D sidescrolling with pixel-y graphics. It should be a post-apocalyptic game with three characters, pretty much classes. Each has their own backstory, goal, and visual style that suits their abilities. One is a gasmasked warrior with an fire axe to grind and a six-shooter, one is a cat burglar, and the last is a sweet-talking guy in a sharp suit. You would choose one to play through the entire game, and each one would have a different visual style.

The gasmasked fellow would be your usual brawler with shooting his pistol being a special move that would be limited by a supply of bullets. The cat burglar would be similar to Trilby: The Art of Theft with more complicated gameplay involving extra elements like noise and analyzing mannerisms of your enemies. The silver-tongued devil would be particularly interesting as he cannot fight or sneak, but he can however convince people in a manner similar to the flash game Gray, albeit instead of interperted as connecting radio waves it would be done as a symbolic fencing game along with dialoge explaining exactly he's talking about. Upon completion of the talk, he will be allowed to tell the convinced person to do one order which can be mission specific (open that vault up) or general (turn off all the lights in the immediate area).

A Borderlands upgrade system would allow you to evolve your characters in different ways as time goes on. I haven't thought of many ideas for skills, but I have come up with one skill branch for the brawler (A "rage" state which would be activated upon pressing a button that would drain a bar which would allow you to become temporarily extremely strong and able to take a lot of hits), a skill for the speaker (Using "dishonorable" tactics such as blackmail against the opponent which is represented in the fencing game as throwing sand in the opponent's eyes), and a skill branch for the burglar (Playing the game like Arkham Asylum and picking off the enemies one by one instead of just sneaking around them).

The levels themselves would be randomly generated but would generally have their own tilesets like "Survivalist's Compound" or "Ruined Theatre", and would change depending on the character: the brawler would be large arenas with some tight areas and ambush spots, the thief would be generally tight corridors with lots of hidden airvents and catwalks for parkour funsies, and the speaker would have lots of divided up rooms. The environmental dangers within would change as well. Traps would vary from alarm traps for the thief, cage traps for the talker, and landmines for the brawler.

I have a story in mind, but that's pretty irrelevant for the discussion at hand. I do think the game should be pretty story based, however, with each character experiencing one side of the story for themselves.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: April 03, 2013, 05:19:33 pm »

An ASCII game running on an engine familiar to the one used by Dorf Fort, but taking place in a huge, sprawling metropolis (complete with fully-furnished apartments, working transit systems, electricity and other networks and appropriately large population doing all their typical business in real-time)
No particular goal - but lots of things to do. Become a businessman, a gangster, a bus driver, or just a common worker with a family and children. You know how it goes.

I... was coming to this thread to post exactly this. ???

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: April 03, 2013, 08:21:08 pm »

Yes. Someone will figure out how to become "city destroying terrorist," after which everyone will play as one :D
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 577