Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926966 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #2340 on: May 24, 2013, 05:29:33 pm »

Yeah, but does it have bread and circuses?!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: May 24, 2013, 06:43:38 pm »

I should read that book. I throughly enjoyed the (badly marketed but excellent) film.

Edit: KOTOR? Star wars has princesses and spaceships, right?

Yeah, but the story becomes too large in scope and serious in tone. Episode IV is a bit closer to what I actually mean.

Speaking of, when are we going to get a modern video game following the plot of the original films? IIRC, we haven't had one of those since the bloody Super Nintendo. No bullshitting around with "Experience the original trilogy, but from the perspective of this character you've never seen before and won't see again". No cashing in on the latest fad, stretching the faces of beloved characters over polygonal mannequins like a serial killer does his victims. No cartoon graphics, no kid-friendly edits, no infections from the bloated cancer known as the prequel trilogy. A pure, uncompromising celebration of what made Star Wars the most kickass piece of science fiction I ever owned on VHS.

Sorry, but I have a lot of venom that I have to let off every once in a while. Along with Terminator 2, episodes IV and VI (never had V for some reason...) were my favorite VHS tapes growing up.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: May 24, 2013, 06:57:08 pm »

*snip*
Interesting, I'm playing a Play-by-Post role-playing game right now that has a magic system based around drug use (and addiction). It works for things like spellcasting or specific powers.
Cool! I was thinking of making a forum game with that as the magic system as well. Any good ideas that RP had for it?

Well, we're playing Fate Core so a lot of the worldbuilding happened by consensus. One guy smokes a pipe with the stuff and the smoke is kinda a telepathic conduit to read minds / influence others (and make cool smoke shapes). Other dude doses himself to get visions of the future, another is a chemist so he's always basically high on it. The drug is basically Green Meteor Rocks from Smallville, I think you can even use it to fuel engines. Also the setting is kinda medieval steampunkish.

Tolga

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: May 25, 2013, 12:23:17 pm »

A 3D sandbox game with physics, something like combination of "phun" and "the powder toy".

I want this so bad that it feels like nicotine craving,

And I don't even smoke!

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2344 on: May 25, 2013, 12:28:07 pm »

The closest is probably Gary's Mod. It's not powder-based, but you have a TON of toys to play with.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2345 on: May 25, 2013, 12:44:39 pm »

I would like a game with heroes like Majesty but with much deeper guild tech trees and multiple units. Also with some citybuilding. And guilds should be able to produce special goods above and beyond what the economic guilds can make. Also I'd like extensive multiclassing options. So a wizards guild that multiclasses to pyromancy or geomancy or something and then an archers guild that multiclasses to like nature magic like vines on arrows or arrows adding rot damage and shit.
Honestly I'd be satisfied with a remake. The game was just so darn simple that anyone could play it and have a good time. I loved it as a kid.

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: May 25, 2013, 01:26:17 pm »

I would like a game with heroes like Majesty but with much deeper guild tech trees and multiple units. Also with some citybuilding. And guilds should be able to produce special goods above and beyond what the economic guilds can make. Also I'd like extensive multiclassing options. So a wizards guild that multiclasses to pyromancy or geomancy or something and then an archers guild that multiclasses to like nature magic like vines on arrows or arrows adding rot damage and shit.
Honestly I'd be satisfied with a remake. The game was just so darn simple that anyone could play it and have a good time. I loved it as a kid.

I think it was simple enough to do with some added complexity and still be super easy. There were so many huge maps where you got finished before you citified 1/10 of it. There was room for so much more.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2347 on: May 25, 2013, 01:38:51 pm »

I think it was simple enough to do with some added complexity and still be super easy. There were so many huge maps where you got finished before you citified 1/10 of it. There was room for so much more.
Definitely. It would be insanely easy to just make the game bigger.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: May 25, 2013, 06:43:45 pm »

I want a League of Legends vs Dota 2 would solve all the lol v dota stuff and would be fun would be a pain in the ass to make though.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #2349 on: May 25, 2013, 10:11:17 pm »

Basic game universe I'm working on:

7 worlds; each with 6 towers (dungeons...) that link to another world.

The towers are the source of all magical (and technological) power, exploiting the potential energy between the worlds.

Each world will have 2 of 14 heros, but only 2 can be in/from another world at a time (until the end game).

In the end game (spoiler) the towers fail, and the big bad collects massive energy from the collapse, and all the worlds hodge-podge together in a massive disaster. Wizards and Robots living together, mass hysteria; and you have to collect your party all over again after a time-skip, like the midpoint of Final Fantasy F3/6
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2350 on: May 26, 2013, 03:16:12 am »

The Gundam Design Bureau forum game.

A PC game with the same idea (of being in a design bureau, not with Gundam specifically) couldn't hurt either.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: May 26, 2013, 04:57:08 am »

Heroes of Might and Magic IV HD.
That game needs a remake more than anything else in the series, I love it, but it's kinda limited due to its sub-par aesthetics...

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: May 26, 2013, 05:07:53 am »

What about might and magic and the land of xeen?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: May 26, 2013, 06:33:01 am »

Heroes of Might and Magic III HD.
That game needs a remake more than anything else in the series, I love it, but it's kinda limited due to its sub-par aesthetics...
Fixed a typo for you there.

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: May 26, 2013, 02:15:15 pm »

Basic game universe I'm working on:

7 worlds; each with 6 towers (dungeons...) that link to another world.

The towers are the source of all magical (and technological) power, exploiting the potential energy between the worlds.

Each world will have 2 of 14 heros, but only 2 can be in/from another world at a time (until the end game).

In the end game (spoiler) the towers fail, and the big bad collects massive energy from the collapse, and all the worlds hodge-podge together in a massive disaster. Wizards and Robots living together, mass hysteria; and you have to collect your party all over again after a time-skip, like the midpoint of Final Fantasy F3/6

This reminds me a lot of Broken Sky where the main bad guy was trying to collide the 2 dimensions.
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 577