Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929274 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #2760 on: July 29, 2013, 06:00:17 pm »

Design Bureau. There's been a few of those around.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: July 29, 2013, 07:49:08 pm »

I think my ideas on infected might help there. THe infection source is closer to a fungus, is photosynthetic, parasitic, is sometimes able to take over a living host, can latch on to the living, causes many, many mutations including ones that let them think logically, and these zombies rot so slowly they take decades to die... again.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: July 29, 2013, 07:49:52 pm »

Er, wrong thread, I think.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #2763 on: July 29, 2013, 08:00:23 pm »

He's replying to the zombie apocalypse discussion on the last page.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: July 29, 2013, 08:01:34 pm »

Ah, right. He was just discussing something similar in the Roller's Block thread, so I got a mite confused

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: July 29, 2013, 08:45:08 pm »

I guess he's just got zombies on the brain.  ;D

Please don't stone me.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: July 29, 2013, 08:52:26 pm »

I posted here, then the idea IMMEDIATELY said "HEY. YOU. HEY YOU. REMEMBER RtDs? YEAH. YEAH YOU DO. GET ON IT."

So I went there. Then the fact that I have not-zombies being zombies kinda helped in the fact that these infected start off kinda weak, get STRONGER, then after about 10-12 years, begin to decay. Slowly. And they get all sorts of vicious, evolutionary mutations along the way. One enemy type is the Arachne- six arms, which allows it to rip and tear, and HP comprable to that of the average human (4, PCs have 5.)
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: July 30, 2013, 12:48:12 am »

Basically Crusader Kings 2 in space, I guess?

I've wanted a sci-fi (or otherwise not real world) CK2 for a while.  I think that in CK2s quest to be historically accurate, it was awesome, but it also added a lot of systems that require a great deal of management without being interesting.  For example, the vast majority of wars in CK2 are won by the side that has the most troops (or the player exploiting AI stupidity), yet we still have to play build the doomstack every single time we go to war.  Compare to, say, Total War where the military system is more detailed and the decisions you make can have a much larger effect on your success, yet the system is still somehow less of a pain in the ass.  The reason for this issue is that the devs have to simulate the way feudal societies raised their levies, but they don't actually care much about the gritty details of war because that isn't what the game is about.  So we get something that is complicated and time consuming yet de-emphasized.  Its the same way with the economy, tech, and construction systems.

If CK2 were made in a non-realistic setting, it could simplify systems like the military and the economy and focus on the politicking, which I consider the main appeal of the game.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: July 30, 2013, 07:04:45 am »

I've wanted a sci-fi (or otherwise not real world) CK2 for a while.  I think that in CK2s quest to be historically accurate, it was awesome, but it also added a lot of systems that require a great deal of management without being interesting.  For example, the vast majority of wars in CK2 are won by the side that has the most troops (or the player exploiting AI stupidity), yet we still have to play build the doomstack every single time we go to war.  Compare to, say, Total War where the military system is more detailed and the decisions you make can have a much larger effect on your success, yet the system is still somehow less of a pain in the ass.  The reason for this issue is that the devs have to simulate the way feudal societies raised their levies, but they don't actually care much about the gritty details of war because that isn't what the game is about.  So we get something that is complicated and time consuming yet de-emphasized.  Its the same way with the economy, tech, and construction systems.

If CK2 were made in a non-realistic setting, it could simplify systems like the military and the economy and focus on the politicking, which I consider the main appeal of the game.
See, I want a Victoria 2 style game, but set in space. I would call it Post Sacristy. The 8 great powers, would be in a post sacristy economy.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: July 30, 2013, 08:32:14 am »

See, I want a Victoria 2 style game, but set in space. I would call it Post Sacristy. The 8 great powers, would be in a post sacristy economy.
Wouldn't that give you infinite resources by definition, and thus just make it a game about clicking buttons?
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: July 30, 2013, 11:12:31 am »

Freespace 3 please.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: July 30, 2013, 11:51:51 am »

FPS games about wars between two nations that aren't America, in a conflict where America didn't exist yet or didn't get involved. Just from a brief section in history class, the Cambodian-Vietnamese war seems a million times more interesting than THOSE DAMN RUSSKIES ARE FUNDING THE TURRURISTS AGAIN.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: July 30, 2013, 11:55:20 am »

FPS games about wars between two nations that aren't America, in a conflict where America didn't exist yet or didn't get involved. Just from a brief section in history class, the Cambodian-Vietnamese war seems a million times more interesting than THOSE DAMN RUSSKIES ARE FUNDING THE TURRURISTS AGAIN.
The proper 'Murrican pronunciation is not "Turrurist", it's "Terrrist". With a long "r".
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: July 30, 2013, 01:44:57 pm »

Wouldn't that give you infinite resources by definition, and thus just make it a game about clicking buttons?

Depends on how you implement it. You could say that Minecraft Creative mode was about clicking buttons, too.
._.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: July 30, 2013, 02:05:42 pm »

I'd love to see Rayman 2, Rayman 3 and Rayman M remade to be tolerable by modern audience. (also, Rayman M with online multiplayer. NOW!)
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 577